How's the Redux?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my two cents: Try awould puttng things that might be important to 2020 Americans ( like forbidding choking moves by police ) into Russia in 1990s or even later. Such things might be important to the average American today, but at least 3/4 of the world don't cares about such things.

Just my two cents: Try awould puttng things that might be important to 2020 Americans ( like forbidding choking moves by police ) into Russia in 1990s or even later. Such things might be important to the average American today, but at least 3/4 of the world don't cares about such things.
very true. I hope to keep in line with 1990 expressions and attitudes.

Georgia, and the baltics plus moldova were already independent by 1990.
None were independent pre 1990 , Lithuania declared independence in March 1990 , all the rest are 1991, Estonia and Latvia taking advantage of the coup to declare during it and Moldova just after it.

None were independent pre 1990 , Lithuania declared independence in March 1990 , all the rest are 1991, Estonia and Latvia taking advantage of the coup to declare during it and Moldova just after it.
Georgia's politicians declared independence in 1990, and the March referendum in 1991 made that political situation a reality. The Soviets had already tacitly recognized Georgian independence in July 1991.

Georgia's politicians declared independence in 1990, and the March referendum in 1991 made that political situation a reality. The Soviets had already tacitly recognized Georgian independence in July 1991.
They had multiparty elections in October 1990 but its not till 9th April 1991 that Georgia declared Independence. Its why 9th April is their Day of National Unity ( Independence Day , 26th May actually commentates the short lived independent Georgian state that broke away from the Russian Empire in 1918 not the post Soviet one )

They had multiparty elections in October 1990 but its not till 9th April 1991 that Georgia declared Independence. Its why 9th April is their Day of National Unity ( Independence Day , 26th May actually commentates the short lived independent Georgian state that broke away from the Russian Empire in 1918 not the post Soviet one )
yes, that is exactly what I am saying, the Georgians were already independent by the August Coup.

Mm I wonder how long the Ukrainian, Baltic and *Stan independence hosanna is when they see Russia grow and them stagnate and grow even more corrupt

The new PODs are creative and clever. Hopefully in this way Russia could be like a phoenix, rising from the ruins of USSR.

Good to hear from you again Sārthākā; I really like this new instalment. So at least for the moment being, I think that Russia will become a giant Belarus (almost all crucial sectors state-owned and with only limited privatization) and that then a more liberal figure will be elected and start to privatize things (maybe Yavlinsky?). Maybe Leonid Kuchma (if he still raises to power) will become TTL version of Lukashenko and form a union state between Russia and Ukraine in the early 2000s?
Hope to hear from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.