Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Perhaps?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a rising power, but not superpower.

Agreed. A superpower is generally the top power (usually only one, but the Cold War produced two) on earth and can basically do anything they want short of invading another nuclear power. Even then, they could pull out a win in the end. Usually a superpower is not conquered but instead is destroyed from the inside, and it falls apart from political chaos, division, and generally a few natural disasters thrown in there as well...

Agreed. A superpower is generally the top power (usually only one, but the Cold War produced two) on earth and can basically do anything they want short of invading another nuclear power. Even then, they could pull out a win in the end. Usually a superpower is not conquered but instead is destroyed from the inside, and it falls apart from political chaos, division, and generally a few natural disasters thrown in there as well...
yeah more or less.

Isn't it a rule that if you win Eurovision you host the next one? Thus Russia winning it means they host next.

Why is the pic of the aircraft carrier from 2014 when the report isn't?

What's going on in pop culture now Russia is rising?

Yep, Russia would host. The problem to consider here is whether countries boycott?

They probably would. The West has never liked Russia, before during or since the Soviet Union, so they might be wary. Although, a singing competition is not the place to shun Russia from the International community

They probably would. The West has never liked Russia, before during or since the Soviet Union, so they might be wary. Although, a singing competition is not the place to shun Russia from the International community

That was OTL. I can definitely see France boycotting a Russian hosted Eurovision due to the current troubles in Chad, as well as the Baltics except Estonia, but I'm not so sure if the rest of Europe would even want to boycott.

@Sarthak Bikram Panta is it okay if I could cover about Russia-Vietnam relations? IOTL, even though Vietnam is far away from Russia, they maintain very strong diplomatic ties and ITTL, with an even better Russia, I could see the ties strengthen significantly. I will only write one to two articles and they will be before 2005.

@Sarthak Bikram Panta is it okay if I could cover about Russia-Vietnam relations? IOTL, even though Vietnam is far away from Russia, they maintain very strong diplomatic ties and ITTL, with an even better Russia, I could see the ties strengthen significantly. I will only write one to two articles and they will be before 2005.
hm, that's fine. go ahead.

It seems petty to do it

28? lol - the bad blood started(?) at least with the October revolution and the killing of the Romanovs.

Irvine

Banned
And the political arena and military arena evolves! Predictions and thoughts?
Bro, how can China be fine with Mongolia joining the Russian EU? The way I see, Beijing would at least want for Mongolia to restrict their participation to economic matters. Mongolia being part of the military alliance would raise some eyebrows in Beijing.

Bro, how can China be fine with Mongolia joining the Russian EU? The way I see, Beijing would at least want for Mongolia to restrict their participation to economic matters. Mongolia being part of the military alliance would raise some eyebrows in Beijing.
More or less, until the 2008 financial crisis, China was in no shape to challenge Russian influence in Mongolia, a former Russian/Soviet Puppet. They're diverting their attention to the south towards Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Laos, and Vietnam.