Rosa Sine Spina: Kitty Howard Is Pregnant in 1541

One of the most potentially interesting effects of this is how it affects the Succession Act if 1543. Also the Duke of Norfolk may not fall to Seymour machinations here.
Who says they'll need an Act of Succession TTL? If Kitty has a son, Henry will have his heir and spare. He may decide he doesn't need an Act of Succession here.

IF Kitty has a boy, of course.
I know what the title is but when I read Queen Katherine I was very confused... then I realised its Queen Katherine Howard not 'of Aragon' LOL

Great start. Hoping Kitty delivers a healthy boy, or healthy twins boys for funs.
😂😂

It is indeed, glad you're enjoying it!

How does the King know that the child is his?
He doesn't. But it doesn't matter. By English Common Law, he's the child's legal father because he's Kitty's husband, unless he declares otherwise.

(It is, though. I'll make that as clear as I can when I describe the child as a toddler.)

He doesn't. But it doesn't matter. By English Common Law, he's the child's legal father because he's Kitty's husband, unless he declares otherwise.

(It is, though. I'll make that as clear as I can when I describe the child as a toddler.)
If he gets evidence that Katherine is sleeping around, he might just disavow the child.

If he gets evidence that Katherine is sleeping around, he might just disavow the child.

If he's over the moon at getting a Duke of York at last he's not going to listen to any evidence. He'd probably see the very idea as impugning his manhood.

That's my read on Henry, anyway.

If he's over the moon at getting a Duke of York at last he's not going to listen to any evidence. He'd probably see the very idea as impugning his manhood.

That's my read on Henry, anyway.
It's mine as well. He was reluctant enough to believe the evidence OTL, if Kitty has the protection of being pregnant, there is no way Henry would listen to the accusations.

I said being married to a young woman was helping, like it did OTL. I never said he was getting fully fit again!
It is not impossible that Henry might be able to turn around some of his fitness issues if he choses too though?

He could certainly exercise to loose some of his heft as that would help 'make babies' or some-such - perhaps Kitty persuades him she wants him thinner so he can run around and play with his son?

Looks like a fascinating idea. Watched.
Thank you!
Henry is incredibly happy, Brandon not so much. I wonder how others will react.
I think *that* will depend at least partly on whether Kitty has a boy or a girl, which they won't know for a few months yet!
I would not think having sex would be that big of an improvement when think on the matter

Do you have an online article on the subject ?
Not off the top of my head, but if I remember where I read the tidbit, I'll let you know!
It is not impossible that Henry might be able to turn around some of his fitness issues if he choses too though?

He could certainly exercise to loose some of his heft as that would help 'make babies' or some-such - perhaps Kitty persuades him she wants him thinner so he can run around and play with his son?
That might just work... if Kitty has a boy!