Roma Eterna - Silverberg

Diamond

Banned
I've been eagerly awaiting this to come out in paperback. Just bought it, but probably won't get around to reading it for a week or two.

Anyone else read it? It consists of 10 (or so) short stories set in a world where the Roman Empire never fell. All of them have been previously published, but this is the first time they've been collected as one set. I've never read any of them, but Silverberg is a fantastic author.

Roma AETERNA

Here I Come to save the day!. Diamond:the book IS out in paperback! I think it is published by EOS(?). It's there. ;) :cool:

Diamond

Banned
ED(Mister) said:
Here I Come to save the day!. Diamond:the book IS out in paperback! I think it is published by EOS(?). It's there. ;) :cool:

Yeah, I know that. That's why I said I'd bought it, but hadn't read it yet. I was looking more for opinions on how good it is. ;)

Iread it ,too. I didn't care for the last one about the proposed space ship to take people elsewhere. Liked the story "reign of terror". Though I wish the author had a time line and/or english dates like 1792, for instance.

Sort of so-so book. Nice ideas but somehow disappointing. It's well written and the stories are good but it just doesn't seem to gel. Personally, I think a more compressed timeline - maybe 500 years might work. And the last story seems to be an add-on, not really of a part with the others.

Still, go ahead and read - make your own mind up