Rocket's Red Glare == What if the USSR Won The Cold War?

Life has calmed down for now, so I’m gonna try and update this more often! Starting off, have a map of the USSA from the Online International Atlas.

USSA_map.png

@EllaLynn this looks like a great alternate cold war scenario, I'm actually making my own one too, in my version the US collapses into a new American civil war, while the USSR wins along with their communist allies. I wanted to ask some questions if possible about the scenario and the map of the US.
1. What year does the map take place meaning the current date of the scenario?
2. Since the CSA exist within the former US, is the version like the old self. Just wondering since I did learn what the civil war in OTL was about and is it pretty much the same thing in this ATL of the Cold War or is this version different than its former self.

Last edited:
@EllaLynn this looks like a great alternate cold war scenario, I'm actually making my own one too, in my version the US collapses into a new American civil war, while the USSR wins along with their communist allies. I wanted to ask some questions if possible about the scenario and the map of the US.
1. What year does the map take place meaning the current date of the scenario?
2. Since the CSA exist within the former US, is the version like the old self. Just wondering since I did learn what the civil war in OTL was about and is it pretty much the same thing in this ATL of the Cold War or is this version different than its former self.
1: The current day!
2: The CSA was founded almost entirely on that good ol' "southern pride", and is about as racist as you'd expect. It's early history is fascinating, I just need to write it down haha

Also hi all, new account. I lost the email and password of my old one and cant access the saved passwords or emails because the computer I was using died on me.
Also, very sorry for the inactivity, I've been working on this timeline still, but I just haven't gotten around to making a new account until now lmao

In return for y'all's patience, I present an (almost) completed world map. Still have some research and some internals to do, but for the most part this is relatively final.

rrg.png

In return for y'all's patience, I present an (almost) completed world map. Still have some research and some internals to do, but for the most part this is relatively final.

rrg.png
Well, I have a question what happened in Mexico, Venezuela, Peru.
And why is Santa Cruz independent. Thanks in advance

Well, I have a question what happened in Mexico, Venezuela, Peru.
And why is Santa Cruz independent. Thanks in advance
Mexico: Mexico had a VERY brutal and devastating war in the 90s between the PRI, Post-American investments, and drug kingpins; against them was a popular communist revolution supported by nearby Cuba and the more distant USSA and USSR.
Venezuela: Venezuela just recently went to war with Brazil. This map is actually March 1st 2022, so it's a bit in the future. Canonically happening right now is the full invasion of Venezuela by Brazil (Brown) and the Barcelona Government (Tan) revolting. Zulia just recently declared independence, and has had the full support of Cuba and the USSR. More details to come later.
Peru: Peru has been in a violent civil war since 2009 since Juan Esteban Campos led a coup against the incumbent Peruvian government. The República Democrátia Popular de Perú (RDPP for short) was almost immediately thrown into a messy, multisided civil war.
Santa Cruz: Essentially, a Brazilian construction. During the Bolivian Revolution in 1980, a lot of the old government's supporters were centralized in Santa Cruz, and Brazil used the existing (but minor) Santa Cruz independence movement to salvage influence.

Mexico: Mexico had a VERY brutal and devastating war in the 90s between the PRI, Post-American investments, and drug kingpins; against them was a popular communist revolution supported by nearby Cuba and the more distant USSA and USSR.
Venezuela: Venezuela just recently went to war with Brazil. This map is actually March 1st 2022, so it's a bit in the future. Canonically happening right now is the full invasion of Venezuela by Brazil (Brown) and the Barcelona Government (Tan) revolting. Zulia just recently declared independence, and has had the full support of Cuba and the USSR. More details to come later.
Peru: Peru has been in a violent civil war since 2009 since Juan Esteban Campos led a coup against the incumbent Peruvian government. The República Democrátia Popular de Perú (RDPP for short) was almost immediately thrown into a messy, multisided civil war.
Santa Cruz: Essentially, a Brazilian construction. During the Bolivian Revolution in 1980, a lot of the old government's supporters were centralized in Santa Cruz, and Brazil used the existing (but minor) Santa Cruz independence movement to salvage influence.
Huh, so that means Brazil is a lot more influential than otl. how do that came to be?

Huh, so that means Brazil is a lot more influential than otl. how do that came to be?
Brazil essentially took the role of the main capitalist state in the Americas, especially in Latin America. Though, since California is majority Latino/Latine at this point, I suppose they count too.

@Ellynn I know it's been like 5 months since your last post, but I wanted to ask quickly about your lore behind this alternate cold war. Is it almost done yet or have you not finished it yet?