Rock albums from alternate timelines

I was never a fan and I'm old enough to remember when he still occasionally appeared on TV. I always thought he was just plain weird and not a good weird like Weird Al Yankovic weird, just weird.
Just take a listen to his debut album God Bless Tiny Tim. Trust me, your opinion on him will change when he's in his element

No I don't ever want to hear him sing (if you can call that singing) again.
To each his own bro but I'll pass.
Here's the thing: his high pitched voice? That's not his only voice. There are songs he doesn't sing hjgh pitched at all. Stay Down Here Where You Belong has him perform in an ominous mid-range. The Coming Home Party is almost Bing Crosby esque. Numerous duets with himself in several voices. All of it comes together in a way you wouldn't expect.

I don't know what the rules are here about posting YouTube videos of copyrighted music, but seek out Tiny Tim's version of That Old Feeling, which he sings in a rich baritone.

l6u4j0J.png

Presley, Lennon
(1980)

Side A

1. (Just Like) Starting Over (Elvis and Lennon)
2. Woman (Lennon)
3. Baby, Stop Crying (Elvis)
4. Watching The Wheels (Lennon)
5. My Life (Elvis)
6. I'm Losing You (Lennon)
7. I Want You Back (Elvis and Lennon)

Side B
1. Good Times (Elvis)
2. Beautiful Boy [Wonderful Boy] (Lennon)
3. Tragedy (Elvis)
4. Cleanup Time (Lennon)
5. Somebody To Love (Elvis)
6. Strawberry Fields Forever (Elvis and Lennon)
7. Reconsider Baby (Elvis)

The world was shocked when it was announced that Elvis Presley and John Lennon would make an album together for the first time in 12 years. The album was released to critical and commercial success, being the #1 best selling album of the year and of Lennon's solo career. The idea came from Lennon who, after the breakup of The Beatles and a couple of years of unsuccessful albums Lennon would quit the music industry before nearly overdosing on drugs. Lennon would go to rehab and would denounce the drugs he had taken and a couple of years later would contact Presley to apologize for his actions during the Red Album and Separate Ways sessions. Presley would forgive him and invited him over to Graceland to jam which lead to the recording of this album. Eventually this would lead to something way bigger, The Beatles reuniting. Unfortunately during the recording of a new Beatles album, John Lennon would be shot and killed by Mark David Chapman who would be shot and killed Police. Following the anniversary of this album's release, a CD boxset would be released in memory of Lennon.

5Kd9WmP.png

Presley, Lennon
(1990)

Disc 1

1.(Just Like) Starting Over (Elvis and Lennon)
2. Woman (Lennon)
5. My Life (Elvis)
8.Good Times (Elvis)
9. Beautiful Boy [Wonderful Boy] (Lennon)
10. Tragedy (Elvis)
11. Cleanup Time (Lennon)
12. Somebody To Love (Elvis)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (Elvis and Lennon)
14. Reconsider Baby (Elvis)
15. Starting Over (Takes 1-3)
16. Woman (Takes 5,7,11)
17. Baby, Stop Crying (Takes 1-4)
18. Watching The Wheels (Take 4)
19. My Life (Takes 5-7)
20. I'm Losing You (Take 4)

Disc 2 (Presley, Lennon sessions and other recordings)
1. My Life (Takes 3-5)
2. I'm Losing You (Take 11)
3. I Want You Back (Takes 5-9)
4. Good Times (Takes 1-4)
5. Beautiful Boy [Wonderful Boy] (Take 6)
6. Tragedy (Takes 5-9)
7. Cleanup Time (Takes 3-10)
8. Somebody to Love (Takes 1-3)
9. Strawberry Fields Forever (Takes 4, 6, & 11)
10. Reconsider Baby (Takes 1 & 2)
11. That's Alright Mama
12. She Loves You
13. Rip It Up/Ready Teddy
14. Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (instrumental)
15. Hey Jude
16. My Baby Left Me
17. Suppose (recorded at Graceland with Elvis on vocals, Lennon on piano)
18. Dark Moon
19. Getting Better All The Time
20. Heartbreak Hotel

Disc 3
1. Blue Suede Shoes
2. Tiger Man
3. One Night (with you/of sin)
4. Big Bossman
5. Baby What You Want Me To Do
6. Nowhere Man
7. Yesterday
8. All You Need Is Love/I'll Take Love
9. Kentucky Rain
10. Memories (Lennon)

l6u4j0J.png

Presley, Lennon
(1980)

Side A

1. (Just Like) Starting Over (Elvis and Lennon)
2. Woman (Lennon)
5. My Life (Elvis)

Side B
1. Good Times (Elvis)
2. Beautiful Boy [Wonderful Boy] (Lennon)
3. Tragedy (Elvis)
4. Cleanup Time (Lennon)
5. Somebody To Love (Elvis)
6. Strawberry Fields Forever (Elvis and Lennon)
7. Reconsider Baby (Elvis)

The world was shocked when it was announced that Elvis Presley and John Lennon would make an album together for the first time in 12 years. The album was released to critical and commercial success, being the #1 best selling album of the year and of Lennon's solo career. The idea came from Lennon who, after the breakup of The Beatles and a couple of years of unsuccessful albums Lennon would quit the music industry before nearly overdosing on drugs. Lennon would go to rehab and would denounce the drugs he had taken and a couple of years later would contact Presley to apologize for his actions during the Red Album and Separate Ways sessions. Presley would forgive him and invited him over to Graceland to jam which lead to the recording of this album. Eventually this would lead to something way bigger, The Beatles reuniting. Unfortunately during the recording of a new Beatles album, John Lennon would be shot and killed by Mark David Chapman who would be shot and killed Police. Following the anniversary of this album's release, a CD boxset would be released in memory of Lennon.

5Kd9WmP.png

Presley, Lennon
(1990)

Disc 1

1.(Just Like) Starting Over (Elvis and Lennon)
2. Woman (Lennon)
5. My Life (Elvis)
8.Good Times (Elvis)
9. Beautiful Boy [Wonderful Boy] (Lennon)
10. Tragedy (Elvis)
11. Cleanup Time (Lennon)
12. Somebody To Love (Elvis)
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (Elvis and Lennon)
14. Reconsider Baby (Elvis)
15. Starting Over (Takes 1-3)
16. Woman (Takes 5,7,11)
17. Baby, Stop Crying (Takes 1-4)
18. Watching The Wheels (Take 4)
19. My Life (Takes 5-7)
20. I'm Losing You (Take 4)

Disc 2 (Presley, Lennon sessions and other recordings)
1. My Life (Takes 3-5)
2. I'm Losing You (Take 11)
3. I Want You Back (Takes 5-9)
4. Good Times (Takes 1-4)
5. Beautiful Boy [Wonderful Boy] (Take 6)
6. Tragedy (Takes 5-9)
7. Cleanup Time (Takes 3-10)
8. Somebody to Love (Takes 1-3)
9. Strawberry Fields Forever (Takes 4, 6, & 11)
10. Reconsider Baby (Takes 1 & 2)
11. That's Alright Mama
12. She Loves You
13. Rip It Up/Ready Teddy
14. Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (instrumental)
15. Hey Jude
16. My Baby Left Me
17. Suppose (recorded at Graceland with Elvis on vocals, Lennon on piano)
18. Dark Moon
19. Getting Better All The Time
20. Heartbreak Hotel

Disc 3
1. Blue Suede Shoes
2. Tiger Man
3. One Night (with you/of sin)
4. Big Bossman
5. Baby What You Want Me To Do
6. Nowhere Man
7. Yesterday
8. All You Need Is Love/I'll Take Love
9. Kentucky Rain
10. Memories (Lennon)
Cool photo.

The other Elvis Crossover, I love to have heard was a Elvis/ Steppenwolf crossover .
I could imaged Elvis doing a version of "It never too Late".

OIx3An9.png

Let's Be Friends
(1980)

Side A

1. Let's Be Friends (Elvis with The Beatles)
2. Free As A Bird (Elvis and The Beatles)
3. Waterfalls (McCartney)
4. Here Comes The Moon (Harrison)
5. Where Did Our Love Go (Starr)
6. Nobody Told Me (Lennon)

Side B
1. I'm Stepping Out (Lennon)
2. Old Time Relovin (Starr)
3. It Keeps Right on A-Hurtin (Presley)*
4. Teardrops (Harrison)
5. Here Today (McCartney)
6. Life Itself (Harrison)

LP 2: Side A
1. Grow Old With Me (Lennon)**
2. She's Out of My Life (Presley)
3. Life Itself (Harrison)
4. Tonight (Starr)
5. Take It Away (McCartney)

Side B
1. Stand By Me (Presley and McCartney)
2. You Can't Fight Lighting (Starr)
3. All Those Years Ago (Harrison)
4. Suppose (Presley, Harrison, McCartney, and Starr)***
5. Hey Jude (Elvis and The Beatles)

* re-recording of 1969 hit, was the first song recorded after Lennon's death
** Lennon recorded the vocals and some of the instrumental before his death, the rest of the song was completed by McCartney and Harrison
*** Rework of 1968's song from "The Red Album", lyrics were changed in tribute of John Lennon

Let's Be Friends is the first album to be recorded by The Beatles after Separate Ways, but was the last album John Lennon worked on before his death. The album outsold Presley, Lennon and had the #1 single of 1980 with Let's Be Friends. The album cover features pictures of the band when they were younger, the album would be finished in memory of John Lennon who was shot and killed in December of 1980. The inside of the two LP set features a message from Elvis and the other remaining Beatles towards the late Lennon and to the fans thanking them for everything.

Guns N' Roses - Gardens City (1995)

Side A

1. Neither Can I
  2. Anxious Disease
  3. Just Not There
  4. Soma City Ward
  5. 10 Years
Side B

1. Believe Me
  2. Doin' Fine
  3. Man In The Meadow
  4. Tijuana Jail
  5. Beggars & Hangers On
Line-Up
Axl Rose – lead vocals
Slash - rhythm and lead guitar
Gilby Clarke- rhythm guitar
Duff Mckagan- bass
Matt Sorum - drums

Last edited:
Nirvana - Elevate(1995). Before Cobain breaks the band up, they release one final rock epic. The concept album is about a man who gets trapped in hell and has to get out. The theme of the album is based on Cobain's own fights with drug addiction and depression.
All songs written by Cobain unless noted
Side 1
Get A Grip
Down
The Peoples Disease(It's All Me)
Big Me(Grohl)
Insane
Side 2
Tell Me
Sex, Drugs And Rock N Roll(All 3 members)
Hysteria
Never Again
Hell & Back

Kurt Cobain - Conflicting Interests (1997). This album surprised everyone. It was released with no announcement on Sub Pop. It is a wholly instrumental album. Many people were disappointed that Cobain's first post Nirvana project was jazz. Critics meanwhile loved the unique approach to jazz. Another thing is every song is called song 1 and so forth. It is also a double album.
TLDR - 20 Jazz songs just named song
Side 1
Song 1
Song 2
Song 3
Song 4
Song 5
Side 2
Song 6
Song 7
Song 8
Song 9
Song 10
Side 3
Song 11
Song 12
Song 13
Song 14
Song 15
Side 4
Song 16
Song 17
Song 18
Song 19
Song 20
Novoselic and Grohl also released albums in 1997. Get ready for those soon.

This is based on a Manics interview in The Quietus, which includes this quote by Nicky Wire: “If there’s one regret I have about the band - apart from me saying huge amounts of rubbish! - is, if only we could have done a mini-album on Heavenly. Cos you don’t get that desperation on Generation Terrorists. It’s a lot more cultured. ”

Manic Street Preachers - Culture, Alienation, Boredom, Despair (Heavenly Records, 1991)

Side A:

You Love Us
Tennessee (I Get Low)
Repeat
Sorrow 16
Faceless Sense Of Void
Spectators of Suicide

Side B:

Motown Junk
Generation Terrorists
Starlover
Strip It Down
Go Buzz Baby Go

samcster94

Banned
As a Tegan and Sara fan, I am bringing in my own idea. I also feel this thread needs more women anyway. I am going to change their history so that they never go pop(albeit even OTL, they made an album that was a bit closer to their old sound recently). My POD is Sara and Emy’s(their merchandise designer: they are still friends OTL) relationship doesn’t fall apart during The Con. A Sainthood-like album gets made but is released in 2010 instead of 2009. I imagine they eventually end up making something a bit like OTL Muna(which has a more modern sound but a songwriting style similar to them in the 00’s).
Of course,Closer doesn’t exist and their song isn’t in the LEGO Movie. That timeline also butterflies away a lot of younger queer artists and possibly their foundation.

The Presley Twins - Dirty Feeling (1961)
IMG_7348.JPG

By March 2, 1960. Elvis and Jesse had been honorably discharged from the army, with the rank of sargeant. But music had vastly changed since the Presley Twins were first drafted. Buddy Holly was dead, Jerry Lee Lewis was blacklisted, Chuck Berry was in jail, Little Richard had become enveloped in religion, and rock music itself had become less raw and gritty. Becoming more slicker and... poppier, relying more on artist's looks than talent. When they had gone back to Tennessee, they went into RCA's Nashville studios to record the tracks that would become their fourth album Dirty Feeling. With a noticable style change.

But not all things were all right for the duo, as the 60s went on, they had been doing less and less actual music, and more cheesy films and soundtracks. With songs made by people who didn't even know their style of music, doing more ballads instead of rock n roll. This in fact angered Jesse the most, as he'd hadn't genuinely enjoyed making music since Pot Luck in 1962, and hadn't enjoyed making a film since Blue Hawaii in 1962. As with his brother. Tensions came to a head in 1964, when on set for their film Kissin' Cousins. Jesse heard the Beatles for the first time. He had stomped to the Colonel and plopped down the record in front of him, screaming about how they should be competing with them and not doing stuff like this.

The Colonel, who had been making boatloads of money from these films, argued that these movies were great, and that he should just sit down and let the money roll in. This angered him the most, Jesse had actually punched him in the face and walked off set, leaving everyone stunned. When Elvis tried to stop his angry brother, he had snapped at him and said these infamous words "I atleast have some dignity left Elvis! I'm not even sure if you do anymore!"

Jesse said in an interview in 1976, "I... I always regretted saying that to him, I could tell it hurt him even back then but... I was just too far in at that point"

By the end of 1964, The Presley Twins were no more, their film was never finished, and they wouldn't reunite until the late 70s.

Elvis had kept on with the career he'd been doing so far with Jesse, basically picking up where they left off. He drifted more and more into mediocrity with each passing film until he sprung back into the limelight with his 'comeback' TV special in 1968. And the critically and commercially successful album From Elvis In Memphis. He had done concerts in Vegas... too many. While it was fun in the beginning, he was now exhausted by the countless gigs and had been doing drugs by that time. It wasn't until 1973 when he finally got out of the Colonel's grasp, Jesse had reached out and apologized to him, he stepped in and helped him fire the Colonel and bring him to rehab to work on his growing addiction to drugs.

TLDR: Elvis's stillborn twin Jesse is actually healthy and born, they become a duo act, they still go into the army, the Colonel still makes them do bad films, Jesse stands up to the Colonel and leaves, Jesse alienates his brother, Elvis still goes down the path he did in OTL, Jesse reconciles with him in 1973 and helps him fire the Colonel and work on his drug addiction. Elvis lives.