Rock albums from alternate timelines

966028E4-9F34-4B65-BEE1-64359733FD57.jpeg

View attachment 416011
Between The Lines- John Lennon
(1977)
Genre
Rock, Disco, Pop

Side 1
1. Whatever Get’s You Through The Night (Lennon)
2. She’s A Friend Of Dorothy (Lennon)
3. Going Down On Love (Lennon)
4. Here We Go Again (Lennon)
5. Move Over Mrs. L (Lennon)
6. Surprise, Surprise (Sweet Bird Of Paradox) (Lennon)

Side 2
1. What You Got (Lennon)
2. #9 Dream (Lennon)
3. Whatever Happened (Lennon)
4. Now And Then (Lennon)
5. Free As A Bird (Lennon)
6. Real Love (Lennon)

John Lennon’s first solo album in 4 years, after he cleaned up his drinking habit when his daughter Alice Lennon (Named after his favorite book “Alice In Wonderland”) was born. The album was #12 on the charts in the US and #5 on the UK charts.
who is Alice's mother, is it Yoko or May Pang (or does he get back together with Cynthia).

Green Day Cigarettes and Valentines (American Idiot if 9/11 Didnt happen)
maxresdefault.jpg

Also Led Zeppelin's First Album Having a Plane on Fire on It Due to The Hindenburg Disaster Never Happening
John Lennon's Songs Having more of a Jazzy Beatnik Vibe due to Kennedy not Being assasinated
Hatsune Miku's Album Coming with a Deluxe Sega Hardware Version of Project Diva
More Eurodance Songs Due to Commdore not Going Bankrupt
Disney Channel Albums Featuring Rabbit Ears Due to Disney not Selling Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to Universal, Instead Remaining Independent

2415710381_930ae78fbd_z.jpg

Duke - Genesis

Side 1

1. The Duke Suite
  1. Behind the Lines
  2. Duchess
  3. Guide Vocal
  4. Turn It On Again
  5. Duke's Travels
  6. Duke's End

Side 2

1. Man of our Times
2. Heathaze
3. Misunderstanding
4. Alone Tonight
5. Cul-de-sac
6. In the Air Tonight

POD: Genesis decides to release Duke with the "Duke Suite" intact as a single 27-minute piece in six parts. Instead of "Please Don't Ask", which is then released on Phil Collins' solo album Face Value, they release "In the Air Tonight" as a strong album capper instead.

"Brian used to be very fragile. You know what happened in 1964, right? It was a constant worry. We were dependent on him to lead us as a group, but he was very easily hurt and you can't really work like that. When he started getting help with that stuff, we were all so happy. A confident, strong Brian was just what we wanted. What Dennis and I found out was, we were finally getting a big brother. I don't think we were ready for that."
Carl Wilson, The South Bank Show, ITV 1989

"What happened during LA Blue? I'd fallen out with Mike and Al. They had problems with Brian ever since they got into meditation and he kept saying therapy was better. Carl wanted me to stop taking drugs and got me a psychiatrist. Brian fell out with Carl when he said his guy wasn't a proper psychiatrist and wanted me to speak to his psychiatrist and take perfectly legal drugs. I didn't want to do that so I fell out with Brian. The Beach Boys didn't split, it's just that Bruce was the only member of the group by the end. He finished the album and then quit. For some reason, we thought we could play live while all hating each other. That's what happened."
Dennis Wilson, Great Rock & Roll Bustups, VH1 1995

"If he's here, I'm not."
Brian Wilson is introduced to Eugene Landy, Brother Studios, 1979

The Beach Boys - L.A. Blue (1980)

lab.jpg

Good Timin'
Lady Lynda
Full Sail
Angel Come Home
Love Surrounds Me
It's Not Too Late
Are You Real
Baby Blue
Goin' South
Cocktails

The uneasy peace which had held The Beach Boys together throughout the 1970s finally collapsed at the end of the decade; this led to an event that, years earlier, had been considered impossible – a Beach Boys album featuring minimal involvement from Brian Wilson.

Upon its release, L.A. Blue proved a modest critical success and an outright commercial hit; however, the band could not fully capitalize on their success. When the group's various factions finally agreed to tour – minus the eldest Wilson – the album was already sliding down the charts.

The belated shows were a lacklustre affair which failed to revive interest in L.A. Blue; an altercation that brought the New York show – and, indeed, the whole tour – to a premature close was initially viewed as the humiliating finale to a great legacy.

In fact, it would prove to be – as Carl Wilson phrased it – "the storm before the calm".

2415710381_930ae78fbd_z.jpg

Duke - Genesis

Side 1

1. The Duke Suite
  1. Behind the Lines
  2. Duchess
  3. Guide Vocal
  4. Turn It On Again
  5. Duke's Travels
  6. Duke's End

Side 2

1. Man of our Times
2. Heathaze
3. Misunderstanding
4. Alone Tonight
5. Cul-de-sac
6. In the Air Tonight

POD: Genesis decides to release Duke with the "Duke Suite" intact as a single 27-minute piece in six parts. Instead of "Please Don't Ask", which is then released on Phil Collins' solo album Face Value, they release "In the Air Tonight" as a strong album capper instead.

Still would be a disappointment compared to 70s Genesis I fear, at least if Steve Hackett isn't there.

"Brian used to be very fragile. You know what happened in 1964, right? It was a constant worry. We were dependent on him to lead us as a group, but he was very easily hurt and you can't really work like that. When he started getting help with that stuff, we were all so happy. A confident, strong Brian was just what we wanted. What Dennis and I found out was, we were finally getting a big brother. I don't think we were ready for that."
Carl Wilson, The South Bank Show, ITV 1989

"What happened during LA Blue? I'd fallen out with Mike and Al. They had problems with Brian ever since they got into meditation and he kept saying therapy was better. Carl wanted me to stop taking drugs and got me a psychiatrist. Brian fell out with Carl when he said his guy wasn't a proper psychiatrist and wanted me to speak to his psychiatrist and take perfectly legal drugs. I didn't want to do that so I fell out with Brian. The Beach Boys didn't split, it's just that Bruce was the only member of the group by the end. He finished the album and then quit. For some reason, we thought we could play live while all hating each other. That's what happened."
Dennis Wilson, Great Rock & Roll Bustups, VH1 1995

"If he's here, I'm not."
Brian Wilson is introduced to Eugene Landy, Brother Studios, 1979

The Beach Boys - L.A. Blue (1980)

View attachment 435474

Good Timin'
Lady Lynda
Full Sail
Angel Come Home
Love Surrounds Me
It's Not Too Late
Are You Real
Baby Blue
Goin' South
Cocktails

The uneasy peace which had held The Beach Boys together throughout the 1970s finally collapsed at the end of the decade; this led to an event that, years earlier, had been considered impossible – a Beach Boys album featuring minimal involvement from Brian Wilson.

Upon its release, L.A. Blue proved a modest critical success and an outright commercial hit; however, the band could not fully capitalize on their success. When the group's various factions finally agreed to tour – minus the eldest Wilson – the album was already sliding down the charts.

The belated shows were a lacklustre affair which failed to revive interest in L.A. Blue; an altercation that brought the New York show – and, indeed, the whole tour – to a premature close was initially viewed as the humiliating finale to a great legacy.

In fact, it would prove to be – as Carl Wilson phrased it – "the storm before the calm".
Hoo, even worse than OTL

Well, I hope LA Blue (yeah, I know the title's a bit naff) has the edge on LA Light Album having more of Dennis's more assured approach to AOR. I just thought if I went a bit too-good-to-be-true on the case scenario with Brian, what would a clean and mentally healthy Brian Wilson be like? I think it's too much for the rest of the band to suddenly join him in that life, so there's going to be a showdown. I think he might find a little bit of his inner Murry. Not as unpleasant, but if Brian finds the steel within himself, it's not going to be all flowers and chocolates.