Revolution! Or, A Victorian Cold War

What country should I cover once I've finished California?

• Total voters
I read Fear, Loathing, and Gumbo, and I think that Spiro was very different from your Spiro.

FLG Spiro was an ambitious idiot: he can climb to power, but he can't manage it.

Your Spiro is ambitious, but is smart enough that he can make himself more indispensable by not climbing to the top, simply by being the guy who can destroy careers with one phone call.

Ah yes, that is true. :p

Also working on an update to the present day storyline! :D

London Arc: Chapter 11
Updates will start to come out slowly... Damn University...

--

“Something I wanna say… Something I've got to do… Feels like you're drifting away… And I don't wanna lose you…”

--------0--------

“Prost!”

“Yeghes da!”

Marcus and his counterpart raised their glasses as some terribly dated music from the Agent’s mixtapes was blasting out of a hotwired Walkman and his counterpart’s sound system. The pair had spent the past hour or so drinking themselves silly - with Lina having retired to bed earlier – and were starting to compare the differences between their timelines.

“Wait… So, you really did elect Robert Redford as President of the United States?” Marcus said, raising an eyebrow at the thought of the Americans electing another cowboy actor. Then again, they had done it before…

“Coming from the guy who’d elected a car salesman…” His counterpart shot back as he took a swig from his glass of whiskey.

“They’re Amerikaners, what do you expect?”

“True…” Marcus responded as he drunk his glass of mulled Port wine, reminding himself on the upcoming Christmas holidays. “Something I ought to be home for…” The Prussian then finished his alcohol before adjusting his suspenders and glasses. “Whatever happened to ‘ol Maggie Thatcher?”

“Shot” said his counterpart as he poured himself yet another glass of Scotch. “…some anarchist or somethin’. Even today, we still don’t know…”

“Died in exile in Canada… Blimey… Mind you, a lot of my fellow operatives didn’t like her when she passed on back in their own timelines.” Marcus couldn’t help but chuckle as he remembered the reactions from some fellow Agents who were reminded of her death. “Bloody Labour voters…”

“Bunch of Godless Commies there, eh?”

Marcus could only smirk as he raised an eyebrow to his counterpart’s comment, it reminded him so much of his father’s generation, not to mention his father’s as well. Then again, it also reminded him of himself and Roza, with the former being less zealous, but easily capable of being so.

“Depends on who you’re talking about.” He said as he filled his glass up and took another sip. “Then again, that was all before my time. Now I must deal with the remnants of the Russians and their ilk. At least it makes debate in the General Assembly a heck of a lot more interesting…”

“I can imagine.” Marcus’s counterpart replied with a rather sombre sigh. “The Navy isn’t all that cracked up to be…”

“Our Navy is nothing but a bunch of rusted frigates…” Marcus couldn’t help but let out a laugh as he finished off his glass. He remembered the atmosphere of the military parades that he’d watched from the stands, a noble attempt at showing a nation that had gone through so much hardship under various tyrants and madmen, only to then rise from the ashes and reclaim the mantle of their ancestors. But even after going through so much, Marcus knew that the bombastic arrogance was still there, even here, in this strange composite of old and new, a mish-mash of the Britain that his father, grandfather and so-on knew crossed with the Britain that he would’ve known, had it not been for the bombs that fell that fateful day. Marcus then noticed his counterpart rising from his chair before drunkenly shambling towards the door with a rather tired look on his face.

“We ought to continue this tomorrow mornin’” the RN officer chuckled as he fumbled with a packet of cigarettes before lighting himself one and walking out of the room for a few metres before facing his counterpart. “Follow me, I’ve had the staff set up a room for you…”

Marcus then nodded to the young man as he then slowly shambled out of the room, more than a little drunk himself. He was then led into what looked like to be a small spare bedroom. It was modestly furnished at best, with a bed, set of drawers and a small television sitting on top of them alongside the other essentials that one might’ve expected. The door was then shut behind him, seemingly not fazing Marcus as he turned to notice Roza standing in front of him. An intoxicated, lust-laden smirk lined his lips as he gave the once-living woman the look that she knew too well. The Magyar let out a sigh, she knew that the stress was getting to the pair, but they both knew how damn awkward it was when either of them decided to blow off some steam. It was as if their constantly tense love/hate relationship couldn’t get any worse with the world crumbling around them. They only had themselves at this point as the silence was finally broken.

“You’re drunk…”

“And you’re drop dead gorgeous~”

Also might have a crack at doing a piece on the Royal Navy soon-ish... Needless to say, the old ways are coming back... ;)

Missouri_post_refit.JPG

Archival image of the HMIS Nelson prior to the 1996 refit.

Royal Navy Update
Part 1 of many, many updates...

A Report on the Royal Navy: Portsmouth Fleet Review 2014.

Capital Ships (Supercarriers – OTL Nimitz/ Gerald R. Ford Class)

· HMIS Prince Edward (Introduced 1985, Midlands)

· HMIS Plymouth (Introduced 1988, Midlands)

· HMIS Victory II (Introduced 1990, Midlands)

· HMIS Ark Royal (Introduced 2004, Margret Thatcher Class)

· HMIS Defender (Introduced 2006, Margret Thatcher Class)

· HMIS Windsor (Introduced 2008, Margret Thatcher Class)

· HMIS Truro (Introduced 2010, Margret Thatcher Class)

· HMIS Churchill (Introduced 2013, Victory Class)

· HMIS Perth (Under Construction, Victory Class)

o Classes in Service

§ Midlands Class (introduced 1985)

§ Margret Thatcher Class (introduced 2003)

§ Victory Class (Introduced 2013)

o Propulsion

§ 2 Rolls-Royce A6RR Fusion Reactors

§ 6 back-up steam turbines

o Armament incl.

§ 20-24 Gladius class sea-to-air missiles

§ 5 Goalkeeper CIWS systems

o Aircraft

§ 30 Third Gen. Sea Harriers

§ 25 A6 Falcons

§ 15 Rotary Aircraft (mostly for Maritime Patrol and Offensive Purposes)

§ 3 Hawker AEW Aircraft

§ 5 UAVs

o Misc.

§ Electronic Warfare Suite

§ Combat AI (Basic Package)

§ Radar

Neo-Dreadnoughts

· HMIS Hood II (Introduced 1975, Royal Class)

· HMIS Nelson (Introduced 1979, Royal Class)

· HMIS Birmingham (Introduced 1982, Royal Class)

· HMIS Devon (Introduced 1985, Royal Class)

o Classes in Service

§ Royal Class (Introduced 1975)

o Propulsion

§ 1 Rolls-Royce gas turbine

§ 2 back-up steam turbines

o Armament incl.

§ 4 Athena-series Railguns

§ 12 50mm Guns

§ 1 Vertical Launch System

· Capable of storing 96 Claymore missiles

§ 4 Torpedo Tubes

o Misc.

§ Electronic Warfare Suite

§ Combat AI (Basic Package)

§ Radar

US Election Results
Don't get triggered by this post for the love of God...

--------0--------

Reactions to the trial of fmr. President Albert Gore and the election of Lib. Party leader Gary Johnson to the US Presidency.

“Why won’t America wake up and realise that corporatism has infiltrated their government? Johnson isn’t perfect but at least he doesn’t want to screw over the Americans or their families. Gore and O’Malley want to; we have all their white papers. They hate the government! They hate transparency! They hate the ordinary American! We’ve had President Agnew all over again!”

David Icke, InfoWars 18/11/15

“DAWN OF A NEW ERA: THE RISE OF THE LIBERTARIANS”

New York Times 14/11/15

“As your newly elected President, I will do everything within my power to make our nation self-sufficient and be free of the shackles of the British led-Allies. We will forge a new path that allows us to flex our military muscle to protect our borders – for we have no right to interfere in the affairs of others…”

Pres. Johnson’s address to the people 14/11/15

“NOPE AGRESSION PRINCIPLE – JOHNSON PLEDGES TO REFRAIN FROM INTERNATIONAL CONFLICT”

The Sun 15/15/15

“I’m very sceptical of President Johnson’s views on isolationism. While I do see merit in less overseas intervention, America still plays a part in the stability of the two Americas. Any withdrawals from Gran Colombia or Patagonia will be disastrous for the stability of the region…”

Pat Buchanan, PBS Newshour 16/11/15

“You Americans are committing suicide. Do you really think that repeating the Monroe Doctrine will get your nation anywhere?”

Recorded conversation between the Israeli ambassador (Benjamin Netanyahu) and US Ambassador to Israel-Palestine (fmr. President Robert Redford).

“Amerifats get out! REEEEE!”

Patagonian Anon on /pol/.

“Are we going to be able to sell drug addled children on the Deep Net now?”

Unknown UseNet post 14/11/15

“It’s happening!”

Ret. Senator Ron Paul (YL-L) 13/11/15

London Arc: Chapter 12
“And you’re drop dead gorgeous~”

--------0--------

“When your world is full of strange arrangements… And gravity won't pull you through… You know you're missing out on something, well that something depends on you…”

“Nie wieder… Go- HURK!” Marcus was suddenly cut off as a stream of vomit came out of his mouth and into the formerly clean toilet bowl. It was safe to say that he’d regretted the events of the previous night as he finished throwing up what remained of his stomach contents. The Prussian was only to then be mocked from the other side of the bathroom door as Roza could only laugh at his instant regret.

“I didn’t hear you say that last night when you were-”

“Shut it you!” Marcus spat back as he flushed the toilet bowl and cleaned himself up, still smelling of bile and fermenting alcohol. The bathroom door then swung open a few seconds later to reveal a tired scowl on his face which quickly softened to that of a smirk as he picked up the clothing that he’d left haphazardly strewn across the room from the rushed disrobing the night prior. The young man quickly got himself dressed, allowing Roza to fix up his tie and suspenders before handing him his pistol. A knock on the door took the pair by surprise as Marcus approached it and opened it, only to be face-to-face with his counterpart, being more hungover than himself.

“There’s some bloke at the door… Asked for you by name… Title too…”

Marcus then nodded to his aviator-wearing counterpart as he then walked out of the spare room and to the entrance of the manor. He wasn’t surprised to see Claude standing at the door with a rather nonplussed look on his face.

“Who’s killing who now?” Marcus sighed.

“Mexico City, the Reds are intercepting that cargo that you tracked back in Australia. We’ll have you back in Britain ASAP. But we need to get you there, immediately.”

“He’s going to be there, isn’t he?” Roza whispered to Marcus as her eyes slowly went blood red, just as Marcus’s did the same – making Claude cringe slightly as he led the pair out of the house only to then be enveloped in a flash of blue light…

Yo! I just got caught all the way up on this magnificent timeline, and I just wanted to commend you on your originality and talent for story telling! This is a magnificent timeline, and doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves.

Still kind of having a hard time wrapping my head around Austria-Hungary in a cyberpunk world. Doesn't mesh in my brain, but that's just one of many things that makes this timeline interesting.

In summation, keep it up!

PS, would love to hear something on the status of Poland-Lithuania, Russia, or Mexico.

Yo! I just got caught all the way up on this magnificent timeline, and I just wanted to commend you on your originality and talent for story telling! This is a magnificent timeline, and doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves.

Still kind of having a hard time wrapping my head around Austria-Hungary in a cyberpunk world. Doesn't mesh in my brain, but that's just one of many things that makes this timeline interesting.

In summation, keep it up!

PS, would love to hear something on the status of Poland-Lithuania, Russia, or Mexico.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... /screaming in the distance/

Thanks!! I've been wondering as to where all of the comments and feedback have gone. University is really getting in the way of things however so expect updates to be slow. I also have other writing projects to attend to as well. I might work on a Mexico write-up to coincide with the story updates.

Mexico City Arc: Chapter 1
Mexico City, United Imperial States of Mexico. Late November 2015.

“…With a step to your left and a flick to the right you catch that mirror way out west... …You know you're something special and you look like you're the best…”

The crowded streets of Mexico City reminded Marcus of the diplomatic mission that he’d taken during his tour of Central and South America in his own timeline. Most of the landmarks he knew were there, but the buildings were certainly taller and more imposing. The clash of old Catholic churches that dated to colonial times against the newer shining skyscrapers reminded him of what New York or London might’ve looked like. The cool winter air nipped at his lightly dressed, skinny frame – all he had on was his leather jacket, albeit with a winter fur trim that was merely for show. The Agent occasionally heard gunshots in the distance, a sign that while this version of Mexico was seemingly more prosperous to other versions, it had the same problems at the same time. VTOL aircraft were zipping above his head, armed with what looked to be deadly machine guns on the sides as the pilots were barking out orders in Spanish over a loudspeaker to whatever hapless criminals decided to pick a fight with the long arm of the law.

It had been a while since he’d been let off the leash by Claude and his superiors. After having arrived in Mexico City mere hours ago via teleportation, Marcus was given the arduous task of keeping watch over the small building that was suspected to hold Red Army Faction materiel. After milling around the façade of the building for over two hours, it seemed that their little hunch was nothing but a rumour. A sudden tug at his jacket sleeve took him by surprise as he turned to face a small child who was standing in front of him. Marcus quickly took off his Walkman’s headphones in response before looking at the small, poor looking girl with a sympathetic smile.

“Something wrong, kid?” he asked in a hodgepodge of Brazilian Portuguese and Castilian Spanish, both of which he’d failed to fully master. The kid looked alone and was shivering in the cool air as people walked past them with not a care in the world. Alarm bells started ringing inside the Agent’s head, but he quickly disregarded them.

“I need some money for food, can you help me Mister?”

“Sure, I guess. How much do you need?” the diplomat then forked out a few Peso’s from his back pocket and showed them to the girl as she was about to take them. It was at that point that he heard heavy footsteps coming behind him, it seemed that whoever had decided to trick Marcus had gotten him right where they wanted him, or so they thought.

“Que vergonha…”

“You trying to extort a little girl, turista?” one of the narcos growled while three other gangsters came up behind their leader with cold smirks on their faces. It was at that point that the girl had skipped off around the corner as Marcus turned to face the man. One of his arms was a prosthetic by the looks of it, hiding a simple, but deadly shiv that was implanted on his forearm. The rest of his crew seemed to be of the same composition with various prosthetics or implants that were either for show or were to be used in some gruesome manner.

“What are you gonna do to me, eh?” Marcus smirked whilst speaking in a faux American accent. He sized up a few of the men who were also wielding some sort of small melee weapon that was either implanted in them or not.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Roza chimed in from beyond the grave as Marcus readied his own melee weapon, a simple stun baton that was formed from his nanocube.

“It isn’t~”

It was at that point that the standoff was broken as one of the men tried to impale Marcus, only to be dodged at the last minute and to receive a sudden shock as 250 volts of electricity was sent through his body via a quick jab to the back from the stun baton. The man then collapsed onto the ground as his prosthetic arm began to spasm from the overloaded circuitry.

Two out of the three remaining men then leapt at Marcus, only to be dodged by their agile opponent, who violently tore an arm from one of the narcos sockets before kicking him in the back, sending him face first into the pavement. The other gangster was to then receive a simple thwack over the head with the butt of the stun baton.

Then only one man remained, who quickly turned tail and ran for his life down a narrow alleyway. The screams of the man seemed to awaken something in Marcus, some ancient, primitive desire for blood. His eyes started to glow blood-red as he slowly walked down the alleyway to the narco, who was trying to hide behind an old crate. The man was screaming at this point as he laid eyes on the mere shadow of the man that he was to face, it seemed to give off the air that he was different, something that man was never meant to lay eyes on. It was as if his human form was a mere façade from what truly lay underneath. As Marcus loomed over him with blood-red eyes and a slowly melting mask, he could only smirk with delight. He didn’t want to kill him, just give him a taste of what he was truly capable of.

“Guten tag~”

Gotta be honest, I still really like this timeline. I'm not sure either where it has gone. I've been here the entire time, however busy with Cesare Borgia. Otherwise, great work!

ah_passports__united_kingdom__rev__redux__updated_by_kitfisto1997-db4irys.png

Decided to update the UK Passport due to *reasons* Brexit. Also ditched the leather texture due to the fact that it was annoying me. :p

Heh, definitely! I love the concept of Multiversal Wars, never a concept that gets done enough.

The Agency is mostly about passive infiltration and observation of different timelines, so they'd have to bust out the big guns (which they're fully capable of, mind you) should the Coalition come knocking... :p

Also a Mexico update is in the works!! :D