• John Edwards

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Howard Dean

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Wesley Clark

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lincoln Chafee had considered it. He finally decided on it. He would run for president in 2004. He belived that Bush had ruined this once great country. His Iraq war was so disastrous that former supporters of the war were saying that they should have never gone in. So what better way to stop Bush than to become the only man in history to defeat an incumbent president in the primaries.
upload_2017-2-5_12-18-14.png

On March 10 2003 he would make this announcement "My fellow Americans, as of today our country has been badly hurt by our current president. So as of today I will be running for president for the Republican party. We need a great political revolution to make America Great again!"

March 17th polls
Bush: 72%
Chafee: 25%
Other: 3%

This looks good , I sketched out a Lincoln Chafee 2016 TL for when that's allowed to be published. I'd recommend you check out his book Against The Tide, bought if for 2.38 including shipping and it's turns out to be signed by him.

This looks good , I sketched out a Lincoln Chafee 2016 TL for when that's allowed to be published. I'd recommend you check out his book Against The Tide, bought if for 2.38 including shipping and it's turns out to be signed by him.
Alright, thanks man.

LOL.

An endorsement

On March 20th Ron Paul would say this about Chafee at a campaign event

LQ4GUwNbyp0ZRsSmqq_4jTOZc-LBp-PzEJiAEhYIjyV3LBKDQwZjPfsDc3vxscqaCTstp9wXEbC-Gd2MlSiUDQE3bJ5n6WnEsIS4-hm_6GpB2BP7gxMKDpYHVFKGQemWDBWKwqzc

“I believe that Lincoln Chafee is a fantastic member of this party and I would be proud to vote for him on November 2nd.”

March 24th polls

Bush: 67%

Chafee: 31%

Other: 2%

It seemed clear that Chafee was going to be a tough opponent for the incumbent president. Chafee had gotten a rush of donations for his campaign, while Bush’s approval ratings were falling by the second.

March 31st polls

Bush: 65%

Chafee: 33%

Other: 2%

The First Debate:

nUtOeD58fgjMp52eNbH0xbaLbzElLmCcZi3giNak9pVXPrJ4CJYVv1b5x_1cbkKZlL-tSYVIZCrMgOhxPMBJkPCIbZqO0rBSq3IiSD9u_8hCiymY-5HEu0840kkPUNfzpEG4FVj3

The Chafee and Bush campaigns decided to have the first debate on May 1st 2003. They would have the debate in the Reagan Library. The debate would be heated. Chafee would say “I believe that the president should have high moral standards.” referring to Bush’s earlier alcohol problems.

August 23rd polls

Bush: 59%

Chafee: 40%

Other: 1%

I lied about the straw poll.

The primaries

After several more debates Lincoln Chafee looked like a solid candidate for president. But no one expected him to win the nomination.

Iowa

Bush: 56% 32 delegates

Chafee: 44%

New Hampshire

Chafee: 53% 29 delegates

Bush: 45%

Others: 2%

White house recordings after the New Hampshire primary.

Dick Cheney: “God F***ing Dammit we just got our @$$es kicked by that F***ing clown from Rhode Island!”

George W. Bush: “What has this administration done wrong!?! You’re not supposed to vote against the incumbent!”

Jeb Bush: “Look, let’s not panic he didn’t win super tuesday or anything. It was one state and we’re still in the lead.”

*End of recording*

bvmFRcZgH4C6vFrIn4FYDA5FQc3IgPhwHVfC9Hz_fSvF-57wPavOh5mbsLCJhygqEType1q0KDKAsnjRWj_VDG2sh9P4BL7-Y74u1zKBRRQ3GBGrDA_ALqai2NLDIsgizBciMpoB

“I cannot believe that Chafee just won the New Hampshire Primary after questioning the president’s morals. He is a disrespectful congressman who only got to this position because of his father and a crazy libertarian*.” -Bill O'Reilly on Lincoln Chafee

Many were confused about O’Reilly’s statements because if Chafee’s father had passed away in late 1999 then how could he contribute to Chafee’s campaign?

“I simply meant that Chafee had only gotten to the senate because of his father’s fame.” -O’Reilly on his gaffe

“If a presidential candidate is not fit to run because they are riding on the back of a family member then what do you make of George W. Bush?” -Chafee on O'Reilly's statements.

Polls:

Bush: 54%

Others: 2%

Mini Tuesday

Missouri

Bush: 59% 57 delegates

Chafee: 41%

North Dakota:

Chafee: 51% 26 delegates

Bush: 48.3%

Others: 0.7%

Oklahoma

Chafee: 53% 41 delegates

Bush: 40%

Tsangarse: 7%

South Carolina

Chafee: 52% 46 delegates

Bush: 48%

Chafee: 142 delegates (so far)

Bush: 89 delegates (so far)

Tsangarse: 0 delegates (so far)

*Ron Paul

More Primaries

Washington D.C:

Chafee: 59% 16 delegates

Bush: 41%

Tennessee:

Bush: 53% 39 delegates

Chafee: 47%

Wisconsin:

Chafee: 52.6% 37 delegates

Bush: 47.4%

Super Tuesday

Chafee wins: California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont

Bush wins: Georgia, Minnesota, Ohio

Delegates gained:

Chafee: 397

Bush: 185

Delegates so far

Chafee: 592

Bush: 313

“Thank you folks for supporting me! We dominated Super Tuesday and are crushing the incumbent president! It’s time to Make America Great again!” -Lincoln Chafee after Super Tuesday

Florida

Bush: 55% 109 delegates

Chafee: 45%

Louisiana

Chafee: 52% 41 Delegates

Mississippi

Bush: 51% 35 delegates

Chafee: 49%

Texas

Bush: 72% 135 delegates

Chafee: 28%

After March 9 Chafee’s lead began to fall and many would believe that Bush was about to come back.

Delegate count

Chafee: 633

Bush: 592

Illinois

Chafee: 53% 60 delegates

Bush: 47%

Pennsylvania

Chafee: 62% 178 delegates

Bush: 38%

Indiana

Chafee: 50.62% 27 delegates

Bush: 50.38%

West Virginia

Chafee: 53% 26 delegates

Bush: 47%

Arkansas

Bush: 56% 32 delegates

Kentucky

Bush: 52% 43 delegates

Chafee 48%

Oregon

Chafee: 57% 28 delegates

Bush: 43%

Idaho

Bush: 51% 24 delegates

Chafee: 49%

Alabama

Chafee: 54% 45 delegates

Bush: 46%

New Mexico

Chafee: 57% 21 delegates

Bush: 43%

South Dakota

Chafee: 52% 25 delegates

New Jersey

Chafee: 65% 52 delegates

Bush: 35%

Final Delegate count

Chafee: 1,095

Bush: 691

An announcement

Pna7XayDRA2qFU6XHyuQhSHciYGeUpYKSp_NtWumwHmspLfnAEU6YgWa9dh06bG4xYeqRN348zt3PjeeoHvmZEHs9XR9AZQXkGT8Cy-u_Ki_oSUjVlbGdwCv8BJG7W_spiKDc8dP

“During this hard fought campaign between me and Senator Chafee I am currently losing by 404 delegates. Before the convention I would like to make an announcement: I am dropping out of the race. Senator Chafee is too far ahead for me to catch up and I don’t want to risk tearing the Republican party apart. I would like to congratulate him on a well-run campaign. And I want to thank the people who have supported me for the past three years. Thank you, and good night.” -George W. Bush after the primaries.

Last edited:
The General Election

After Chafee’s incredible performance in the primaries he would round up a list of potential Vice presidential candidates.

Ron Paul

Jeb Bush

John Hostettler

Connie Morella

But no matter how many times he looked at it one selection was clear. Ron Paul. Paul had supported Chafee since the beginning and it was clear that he was going to pick him.

aAPuGdBHRHqr1OPUPvZtv2_BVfvbfVO0UUpDm2q-VvBPl-LGK297teKuEO8Yg2l2chpKnK0paI6SvDQy74SfTWUmYyWh543zy4A7LBDBx0SRKRZZOwd7DeiQTvC_HQq8Eam1oJDR

On the Democratic side Democratic nominee Howard Dean selected second place finisher John Edwards as his veep.

2004 RNC

The 2004 Republican Convention would be remembered as incredible. George Bush would make an incredible speech.

6ZgyfX3jBNqa2BQK62BxCTVTuMwY2pTlw3RHJM6pWz4hD3rm2Hes2i6ejzdLddaeZC9pa9ptJs1Zh_AKrRtTfMMF2MgmqBxxMqDKxVbjj1KEjyZP56uARqtwY_wwLa5NZS1TepQF

“Today I stand in front of you as the soon to be former president. I am incredibly grateful for everything this nation and party have done for me over the last three years. I will work with Senator Chafee to accomplish his campaign goal. To Make America Great Again!” -George W. Bush at the 2004 RNC

After the RNC many would question if Chafee was Republican enough. There were rumors that Gov. Mike Huckabee or Gov. Sarah Palin were considering independent runs. One of these rumors were true. Mike Huckabee would run as a constitution party candidate and would pick Gordon Smith, an Oregon Senator as his Vice President.

Polls

Howard Dean/John Edwards: 43%

Lincoln Chafee/Ron Paul: 41%

Mike Huckabee/Gordon Smith: 15%

Other/Other: 1%

But then during a really enthusiastic campaign speech Howard Dean would let out a very enthusiastic scream.

X2e2MrohIfARFMnDeR9isvxAbpjRXI1rLz8uMWDrAXVTcU_WPXL8l5MRZdGNHjMP2OOLIoXNcdmMByE0EZqhW3Wi5qBJ8CDEuONIaCXmKxXPxU26lC7XExvTyojUTh6WuNuJMEx7

Howard Dean would become more of a joke than a candidate and he would begin to fall in the polls and Chafee and Huckabee looked like better candidates.

Polls

Lincoln Chafee/Ron Paul: 46%

Howard Dean/John Edwards: 40%

Mike Huckabee/Gordon Smith: 15%

Other/Other: 1%

Is TTL's Dean scream any different from OTL's Dean scream. I finally saw a video of it a few months back, and it wasn't really that terrible. I was expecting more of an animalistic bellow with all the hype and controversy surrounding it.

Is TTL's Dean scream any different from OTL's Dean scream. I finally saw a video of it a few months back, and it wasn't really that terrible. I was expecting more of an animalistic bellow with all the hype and controversy surrounding it.
Well it did knock Dean down a couple points in 2004. But I kinda want to give Chafee some leverage