Reverse Cold War 2.0

January 15
I decided to write a News Article for the RCWverse, set in Russia. Enjoy the parallelism:
NEWS: Russian Nationalists attempted to break into the State Duma Building after the defeat of the VNP-RSRP-PRY coalition on January 15, egged on by Former President Alexei Andorov of the VNP, among them were members of the Rossiyskoye Natsional'no-Kollektivistskoye Dvizheniye (a Neo-NatCol Group), Obshcherossiyskiy Patrioticheskiy Front (a Neo-Paternalist Militia), Svyatoy Narodnyy Front (An Orthodox Fundamentalist Party), and the Armes Atomiques (A Neo-NatCol Terrorist Organization), currently there are talks of looking into the Former President

@lionjedi1215 : I have long thought about such news articles or headlines, too. However, I did think of Russia as a strongly Presidential system without coalitions, and I have thought of replacing right-wing with left-wing populism. Though your organisation names do sound cool!

I don't know whether these names are idiomatic Russian. Maybe @InfernoMole can help here?

I honestly was thinking that as well, but I wanted to make them have them, so they aren't a complete parallel to OTL!America

EDIT: Now I understood, you wanted coalitions in Russia. I still find them unlikely, though. For Germany, Poland, France or even Ukraine, or most other democratic nations for that sake, they are very plausible.
What you could do is Russia's political system working more like the UK or OTL France. Still strongly presidential, but coalitions aren't implausible either.

Last edited:
EDIT: Now I understood, you wanted coalitions in Russia. I still find them unlikely, though. For Germany, Poland, France or even Ukraine, or most other democratic nations for that sake, they are very plausible.
What you could do is Russia's political system working more like the UK or OTL France. Still strongly presidential, but coalitions aren't implausible either.
OK, yeah, maybe the previous coalition was formed as a response to the rise of Left-Wing Populism in Russia

Texas News

"Texas is drifting, no, shifting leftwards! The Freedom Party has betrayed the people! Let us restore freedom for every Texan!"
- Alfonso "Al" Insua, 2023 Presidential candidate for the Libertarian Party of Texas

"#TXForArchie! #WeForArchie!
Our economy is free, despite what doomsayers claim! Al Insua would be well-advised to visit Katanga himself before he turns Texas into a second Katanga!"

- A poster on VND.de, in support of Archibald Barrett's 2023 reelection campaign for President of Texas

"I have been to #Katanga and I loved it! #KatangaIsFree!"
- Alfonso "Al" Insua, 2023 Presidential candidate for the Libertarian Party of Texas, on VND.de

"Then why are 22 environmental activists imprisoned in #Katanga - and many more in exile? We won't even talk about trade union and labour activists...
#FreeKangamba!"

- A poster on VND.de responding to Al Insua's post above

Last edited:
Having thought of and worked on the QuarterBAM map for 2023, I'm considering a significant change to North America:

Instead of Wisconsin, Michigan and Superior, I plan to make New England (including Vermont and New Hampshire) the Baltic analogue... what do you think?

Having thought of and worked on the QuarterBAM map for 2023, I'm considering a significant change to North America:

Instead of Wisconsin, Michigan and Superior, I plan to make New England (including Vermont and New Hampshire) the Baltic analogue... what do you think?
That could be interesting, I like this, and it would also make the borders look a little better

Quarter-BAM 2023
Here it is, a Quarter-BAM of this TL's 2023. Thanks to @qazse for creating this type of map, for @Entrerriano for helping me out with the subdivisions of Imperial Germany, and to many others (among them @Perfidious Albion and their map game In the Wake of Desolation regarding keeing Michigan independent) for inspiring me. OTL sources of inspiration included the Free State Project for New Hampshire and proposed divisions of New York State.

National borders are for the most part authoritative (unless @lionjedi1215 objects), first- and especially second-level subdivisions (especially outside Central Europe and North America) are not. Thus, if anyone has a better idea for subdivisions or just wants to make some changes, from my side they are free to do so. I left many a subdivision untouched.

EDIT: I fixed Nigeria and Cameroon, and some colours.

EDIT - May 26: I added the Saharan lakes including the Qattara Gulf, Dakar as a city-state, revised the situation in Senegal (I wasn't all that happy with it), added a Jewish State to the AF (analogous to the Jewish Autonomous Oblast in the OTL USSR/OTL Russia), and made Tibet independent.

EDIT - May 29: I gave Arpitania to North Italy, Corsica to Sardinia, created an independent Romandie out of Switzerland and changed several smaller areas on the map (e.g. dividing Anhui and Jiangsu).

EDIT - March 21, 2024: Crimea is now independent and communist, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan are now independent, too.

2023 Reverse Cold War QuarterBAM.png

Last edited:
Here it is, a Quarter-BAM of this TL's 2023. Thanks to @qazse for creating this type of map, for @Entrerriano for helping me out with the subdivisions of Imperial Germany, and to many others (among them @Perfidious Albion and their map game In the Wake of Desolation regarding keeing Michigan independent) for inspiring me. OTL sources of inspiration included the Free State Project for New Hampshire and proposed divisions of New York State.
So... I made a map of a Reversed Cold War
Can I make versions of both of these maps in Mapchart?

Nuclear Meltdown at Khordogobindopur
Thanks for the inspiration and helpful ideas @DUWANG, @Entrerriano, @altamiro , @Chörnyj Orel , @Nebogipfel , , and our whole community of pro-nuclear Germans and non-Germans including the likes of @Vnix and @Jan Olbracht :

The last coal-fired power plant in Germany, in Pleß, was decomissioned as planned. This most greenhouse gas emitting form of electricity production is now history from the Atlantic to the Drau!
- Breslauer Allgemeine Zeitung, May 1, 2011

Today, Germany achieved net-zero emissions for the first time in its electricity production! A major milestone on our way to net zero greenhouse gas emissions, all thanks to nuclear power, renewable energy development and continuing research and investment!
- klimaundumwelt.de, September 1, 2021

The self-proclaimed environmentalist "League Against Nuclear Power" (Anti-Atomkraft-Liga), today - on the 65th anniversary of the first nuclear power plant going operational in Aitrach - held a demonstration. However, they drew no more than five hundred demonstrators in Frankfurt. Even a protest demanding the resignation of the mayor of Schneidemühl attracted more protests, hundreds of kilometres away from Schneidemühl."
- frankfurterbote.de, July 10, 2022

"Just below a thousand people participated. Pathetic! The main reason is that we get, totally unjustifiedly, associated with climate change denial and the DNSB in the media. Sometimes we are even linked with Steamers or, worse, National Collectivists!"
- AntiAtomkraftLiga on VND.de, July 10, 2022

"That's because your "movement" is being bankrolled by Steamers and their fringe, outdated trade unions as well as by far-right 'dark greens'."
- the first response to the above post on VND.de, July 10, 2022

"Over 78,000 dead - Nuclear meltdown at Khordogobindopur! This is the second event reaching Level 8 in fifteen years and should be considered final proof! nuclear power is dangerous! The next Khordogobindopur could be near you!
Coal power plants would be far safer - worldwide and especially in densely-populated Germany!
- Theodor Weisberger on the nuclear disaster of Khordogobindopur, VND.de, July 18, 2020

"False Information! -
Level 6/7 (Grossly Misleading/Partly Fabricated):

The next Khordogobindopur cannot happen in Germany! The reactor at Khordogobindopur was in a woeful state of disreapir, not possible in Germany with it's strict safety checks - and the cyclone which led to the Khordogobindopur Disaster cannot occur in Europe either. Extreme floods from other causes are possible in Germany, as the 2021 catastrophic flooding along the Warthe and its tributaries has shown, but they are taken into account with appropriate redundant cooling systems and newer technologies even completely ruling out a nuclear meltdown.
78,000 people did die, but the number takes all cyclone members in Bengal taken together. Thus, the claim made by Weisberger that 78,000 people died from nuclear radiation or the nuclear disaster alone is to be seen as grossly misleading.
Also, coal-fired power plants are no safer and much more damaging to the climate and the environment than nuclear power plants - and have caused more deaths from accidents and incidents on top of that!."
faktengegenfalsches.de - July 20, 2020

Last edited:
German Nuclear Power Plants

List of nuclear power plants and other facilities under the supervision of the Federal Office of Nuclear Energy (Bundesamt für Kernenergie)
- from www.kernenergieamt.de

• Aitrach A
  • Aitrach B
  • Aitrach C
  • Aitrach D
  • Aitrach E
  • Aitrach F
  • Aitrach G
  • Aitrach H
  • Aitrach I
  • Aitrach J
  • Aitrach K
  • Kernenergieamt ("Federal Office of Nuclear Energy") Arneburg (with dependency in Aitrach)
  • State Nuclear Research Centre Arneburg
  • DAG-UV Reprocessing Plant Arneburg I, II, III
  • Arneburg A
  • Arneburg B
  • Arneburg C
  • Arneburg D
  • Arneburg E
  • Arneburg F
  • Arneburg G
  • Arneburg H
  • Arneburg I
  • Arneburg J
  • Arneburg K
  • Biblis A
  • Biblis B
  • Biblis C
  • Biblis D
  • Biblis E
  • Birnbaum A
  • Birnbaum B
  • Birnbaum C
  • Birnbaum D
  • Blindheim A
  • Blindheim B
  • Blindheim C
  • Blindheim D
  • Blindheim E
  • Brokdorf A
  • Brokdorf B
  • Brokdorf C
  • Brokdorf D
  • Chottschow A
  • Chottschow B
  • Chottschow C
  • Chottschow D
  • Chottschow E
  • Chottschow F
  • Datteln A
  • Datteln B
  • Krupp Industrial Power Station Blocs Datteln C, Datteln D
  • Deschowitz A
  • Deschowitz B
  • Deschowitz C
  • Deschowitz D
  • Dyhenfurth A
  • Dyhenfurth B
  • Dyhenfurth C
  • Eickeloh A
  • Eickeloh B
  • Eickeloh C
  • Eickeloh D
  • Eickeloh E
  • Eickeloh F
  • Fröndenberg A
  • Fröndenberg B
  • Fröndenberg C
  • Fröndenberg D
  • Fröndenberg E
  • Großheringen A
  • Großheringen B
  • Haßmersheim A
  • Haßmersheim B
  • Haßmersheim C
  • Haßmersheim D
  • Haßmersheim E
  • Haßmersheim F
  • Hirschstein A
  • Hirschstein B
  • Hirschstein C
  • Hirschstein D
  • Hirschstein E
  • Hirschstein F
  • Hitzacker A
  • Hitzacker B
  • Hitzacker C
  • Hitzacker D
  • Hummel A
  • Hummel B
  • Hummel C
  • Hummel D
  • Ilverich A
  • Ilverich B
  • Ilverich C
  • National Final Storage Facility Kalbe an der Milde (the actual storage location is north-east of the village of Vietzen, between Siepe and Dolchau)
  • Kaltern A
  • Kaltern B
  • Kaltern C
  • Kualakesi A
  • Kualakesi B
  • Kirschfelshafen A
  • Kirschfelshafen B
  • Kirschfelshafen C
  • Industrial power plants: Kirschfelshafen D, E, F, G, H
  • Kurzebrack A
  • Kurzebrack B
  • Kurzebrack C