Reverse Cold War 2.0

I also thought about naming the SS replacement the Ordre de Charlemagne, to again call back to its namesake

Also, the Germans still lost WW1, but they didn't have as many reparations put on them (Due to the U.S. being in the civil war), and so, the Nazis never came to power, instead, the Nazis became a bunch of collaborators with France
Italy and Mussolini?

Also, the Germans still lost WW1, but they didn't have as many reparations put on them (Due to the U.S. being in the civil war), and so, the Nazis never came to power, instead, the Nazis became a bunch of collaborators with France
That's a very good idea! I would still revise German and Eastern European borders at least to an extent.

I really like your ideas expressed in this map, @lionjedi1215 ! I will improve on it and maybe make TL posts around it (if I may do so?), but I love the general idea of Reverse Cold Wars.

For example, what about "Only Brezhnev can go to Britain?"
And I also have an idea for a Yugoslavia analogue (in later years)...

I would love to mix real OTL characters with fictional ones in TTL.

Italy and Mussolini?
Italy and Mussolini stay the same, but instead they side with France

That's a very good idea! I would still revise German and Eastern European borders at least to an extent.
Oh yes, I am

Also, wat do you think about incorporating my "better Germany" ideas into this scenario?
I'm sort of doing that

I really like your ideas expressed in this map, @lionjedi1215 ! I will improve on it and maybe make TL posts around it (if I may do so?), but I love the general idea of Reverse Cold Wars.

For example, what about "Only Brezhnev can go to Britain?"
And I also have an idea for a Yugoslavia analogue (in later years)...

I would love to mix real OTL characters with fictional ones in TTL.
1) Thanks, You can make posts about it.

2) I'm confused about the TL name you proposed, And Britain is sort of the Yugoslavia/Poland of this timeline

2) I'm confused about the TL name you proposed, And Britain is sort of the Yugoslavia/Poland of this timeline
I thought of Britain as a rather significant secondary communist power. I thought of Mexico as TTLs Yugoslavia, Mexico can plausibly be broken up into pieces, too.

And "Only Brezhnev can go to Britain" was not meant to be a TL title.

I thought of Britain as a rather significant secondary communist power. I thought of Mexico as TTLs Yugoslavia, Mexico can plausibly be broken up into pieces, too.

And "Only Brezhnev can go to Britain" was not meant to be a TL title.
OK.
And I can see it, also, Communism in this timeline is more Libertarian than OTL.

OK.
And I can see it, also, Communism in this timeline is more Libertarian than OTL.
More liberal yes, but communism can't really be "libertarian". At least not economically libertarian. Socially libertarian/very liberal forms of communism are probably feasible - and might be supported by parts or maybe even the majority of the Syndicates.

I imagined all communist nations to be ruled by one, nationwide trade union (Syndicalism). In the US, for example, this would be the IWW (most likely?). But within this trade union, there might well be different wings and Syndicalism is easily more liberal and much less gerontocratic than OTL Vanguard Party communism.

Last edited:
More liberal yes, but communism can't really be "libertarian". At least not economically libertarian. Socially libertarian/very liberal forms of communism are probably feasible - and might be supported by parts or maybe even the majority of the Syndicates.

I imagined all communist nations to be ruled by one, nationwide trade union (Syndicalism). In the US, for example, this would be the IWW (most likely?). But within this trade union, there might well be different wings and Syndicalism is easily more liberal and much less gerontocratic than OTL Vanguard Party communism.
Yeah, basically, a Syndicalist America while Russia is either a parliamentary democracy, or a military dictatorship.

while Russia is either a parliamentary democracy, or a military dictatorship.
I imagined either a constitutional monarchy or a Presidential republican democracy, with a powerful president. Maybe the military has significant influence, but China and Pakistan are my candidates for stratocracy/military dictatorship...

I imagined either a constitutional monarchy or a Presidential republican democracy, with a powerful president. Maybe the military has significant influence, but China and Pakistan are my candidates for stratocracy/military dictatorship...
OK, Also, Yugoslavia had a military coup after Tito was elected as Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia (Like OTL Chile with Allende) ITTL which lead to the creation of the Yugoslav National Union with the current leader being a private from WW2 called Velibor Filipovic

OK, Also, Yugoslavia had a military coup after Tito was elected as Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia (Like OTL Chile with Allende) ITTL which lead to the creation of the Yugoslav National Union with the current leader being a private from WW2 called Velibor Filipovic
Could I change the name? The idea is excellent!

I'll continue tomorrow. But this is my - mostly finished - proposal of a better map, with an *Israel in Senegal. Another idea of mine was an *Israel around Lake Titicaca...

Reverse Cold War 1981 -proposal.png