Return of the terrible flag thread.

What makes the WORST flag?

• Total voters
bad-city-flags-620.jpg

flag-design-pocatello-620.jpg

From this CBS article dated September 4, 2016:

Surely you’re joking
This is someone’s hand drawn proposal for the flag…
Please tell you’re joking
That flag really sucks.
It is literally hand-drawn based on a local contest.

Others users on Facebook mentioned that it is more of a poster-making contest. Entries #4 and #7 look decent enough.

I have yet to see photos of it in the wild.

It is literally hand-drawn based on a local contest.

Others users on Facebook mentioned that it is more of a poster-making contest. Entries #4 and #7 look decent enough.

I have yet to see photos of it in the wild.
Even though it's really amateurish, I actually like this one. The graphic is well-balanced, and conveys the sun and hills and rivers and happy people. And the text is pretty well laid out (not good by any professional standards, but could be worse), and their printing isn't bad - it could almost be one of those fake-handwriting fonts.
I do have an issue with the unnecessary quotation marks, but that's pretty minor.

Full list below. Philippine city and municipality flags are terrible. Props for the municipality flags of Bohol and Bukidnon provinces though.

"MAY THE RATS EAT YOUR EYES!"
- Maximilian Roivas

"Holy shit! What is that?! What the fuck is that?!?"
- Sgt. Hartman

Flag_of_San_Quintin%2C_Abra.png

Flag of San Quintin, Abra, Philippines
In the wild
Flag_of_Barbaza%2C_Antique.png

Barbaza, Antique, Philippines
In the wild
Flag_of_Culasi%2C_Antique.png

Culasi, Antique, Philippines
In the wild
More bad flags.
I mean what happened to the most creative Filipino flag makers?

Really, who decided that every Philippine municipality needs its own flag?
Local government units often hold contests for a banner design. Since it is a banner-making contest, those who submit entries often make banners, posters, and what is like a welcome sign instead.

Since @ramones1986 already mentioned about the Philippine provinces flags being bad and you can look it up on Wikipedia, but here's some special mentions:

Basilan_Flag.png

Two seals occupying the upper half of the field and a text on the lower field. Just no.
Sultan_Kudarat_Flag.png

Province of Sultan Kudarat. I don't know what to say if this is a banner or a billboard.

The next one is a municipality flag
Flag_of_Banaue%2C_Ifugao.png

Banaue, Ifugao. Looks like a kid drew this and the local government unit just adapted it.

For more horrible city and municipal flags, click the link below:
Would despite the name of province, we should note that the first flag is of a county, and one which may not include the entire island. A bit confusing on the status of one of the cities, and the various Wikipedia maps show it differently. The flag of the region it is in looks nice, as do the coats f arms themselves. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was an intern I’m thing or something for social services.

Since @ramones1986 already mentioned about the Philippine provinces flags being bad and you can look it up on Wikipedia, but here's some special mentions:

Basilan_Flag.png

Two seals occupying the upper half of the field and a text on the lower field. Just no.
Sultan_Kudarat_Flag.png

Province of Sultan Kudarat. I don't know what to say if this is a banner or a billboard.

The next one is a municipality flag
Flag_of_Banaue%2C_Ifugao.png

Banaue, Ifugao. Looks like a kid drew this and the local government unit just adapted it.

For more horrible city and municipal flags, click the link below:
Again another non-creative flag
The nightmare of non-creative flags plagues the Philippines.