Return of Horrible Educational Maps

dn4ol8r6a3xa1.webp
Have they released another version of Risk?

To soothe the eyes from too much horrible maps have one that almost wouldn't belong in this thread were it not for a small but significant blunder.

You get lots of information about the Kunekune Pig and its habitat (Education, yay!) and both the map and the pseudo-globe are reasonably detailed and correct:

badkunekune4.jpg

However, for some reason, both the map and the globe fail to actually show where that piggy comes from.

And if you now happen to suffer from some form of New Zealand deficiency let me help you comepensate it with yet another webfind:

badzealand3.jpg

With the thumbnail you can already see that it is a world map constructed with the names of the nations.

If you dare enlarge the thumbnail you will see some nations with rather... 'innovative' spellings. For example the island Nation north of France? The Uriteo Kongdom, of course.

Enlarge thumbnail at your own risk. You have been warned.
badletters7a.jpg

Last edited:
So, we’ve got some falling sea levels, random land bridges, sunken Madagascar, Balto-Finnic and Viking wank, and the Sahul shelf has rotated in a poor attempt by New Guinea to cover up the murder of New Zealand. Did I miss anything of similar wackiness?
Moscow has been relocated to the north coast of the Caspian Sea?
'innovative' spellings are not the only thing wrong, there is a second Turkey in Southeast-Asia and a second 'Thaoieland' to the north of Korea...
Also some countries like the Benelux, Portugal, Uru- and Paraguay, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh are missing and South Korea has renamed itself after its capital.

Moscow has been relocated to the north coast of the Caspian Sea?

'innovative' spellings are not the only thing wrong, there is a second Turkey in Southeast-Asia and a second 'Thaoieland' to the north of Korea...
Also some countries like the Benelux, Portugal, Uru- and Paraguay, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh are missing and South Korea has renamed itself after its capital.

And the missing countries might be the lucky ones (at least they don't suffer the disgrace of appearing on that map)

A zoom on Central America reveals the nations of Dsdds, Dasdsa, Dsadsads, Dsaddsd... and so on.

badletterspart1.jpg

A small look as West Africa reveals the multiple Gfhjhj countries south of Sadgfdv...

badletterspart2.jpg

And the two Baltic nations of Sfdsfff and ... actually also Sfdsfff, just a smaller font size and different color...

badletterspart3.jpg

With the thumbnail you can already see that it is a world map constructed with the names of the nations.

If you dare enlarge the thumbnail you will see some nations with rather... 'innovative' spellings. For example the island Nation north of France? The Uriteo Kongdom, of course.

Enlarge thumbnail at your own risk. You have been warned.
View attachment 830261

My favourites: Bunkinea Faso, Bunkin, Yemmaenn, Southeast Asian Turkey, and Phluppines

Honourable mentions: Ridawe (both of them), Cuyaha, Clsido, Uriteo Kongdom, Germahy, How, Rome, Duleama, Cent, Camemoon, Ethiopla, Baimbaqtbweswan, Soulth Aerica, Syrla, Uzbrkistan, Turkmenisjkl, Tanstan, Thaoielandcast, Souloul, Burmlav, Thaoiecastland, and New Zealano

Canada! Canada! So great they named it <recount> 17 times! And all of them on territory it actually owns! Suck it up, China!
(And further proof that some people just shouldn't be allowed unsupervised access to cutting tools, printers or map projections.)

Canada! Canada! So great they named it <recount> 17 times! And all of them on territory it actually owns! Suck it up, China!
(And further proof that some people just shouldn't be allowed unsupervised access to cutting tools, printers or map projections.)

First rule of Canada Club: You only talk about Canada.

Unrelated, some textbook example found on reddit:

badtextbook.jpg

To soothe the eyes from too much horrible maps have one that almost wouldn't belong in this thread were it not for a small but significant blunder.

You get lots of information about the Kunekune Pig and its habitat (Education, yay!) and both the map and the pseudo-globe are reasonably detailed and correct:

View attachment 829262

However, for some reason, both the map and the globe fail to actually show where that piggy comes from.

And if you now happen to suffer from some form of New Zealand deficiency let me help you comepensate it with yet another webfind:

View attachment 829273
And right above Best Oysters and Below Sweetest Old Ladies we see the Most Modest People in the World. Seriously though, Carpet Baggers? Was this map blanket made by escaped Confederates? I see they also listed all dangerous weather patterns wrapping around the coast of the North Pacific, including... Hmmm. Never knew the Aleutians had so many tornadoes.

Last edited:

Crazy Boris

Banned
First rule of Canada Club: You only talk about Canada.

View attachment 832082

I know I shouldn’t be surprised at how bad textbooks tend to be, but wow. There’s relying too much on modern borders then there’s this. I can’t even pin it on laziness since they sort of, albeit poorly, tried with some of the borders around the USSR (but couldn’t be bothered to show that they annexed the Baltics and part of Poland), but then everything else is just copy pasted from like, 1990. And then they bother to show East Prussia as German but the North African countries aren’t specified as French/Italian? And speaking of North Africa, no border between French and Spanish Morocco makes it look like Spain is just occupying that area like Germany is in the USSR. And then there’s the issue of the fact that Austria, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Poland, and the Baltic states didn’t even exist in 1942, and yet they’re here and labelled as if nothing even happened to them in the previous four years (Sudetenland is apparently mentioned but not the rest of Czechoslovakia getting chopped up?)

Poland's eastern border is its pre-WWII border, yet its western border is from after WWII.
Also the West Bank appears on the map; so I presume Israel already exists.
Anything else I missed outside of badly drawn borders?