Return of Horrible Educational Maps

This map is actually rather informative:

View attachment 825928

One can make good guesses about where the map maker lives and from where his (or her) ancestors came from.
Sadly, the first two things that I noticed was that Antarctica was rotated wrong (The Peninsula should point to South America) and Nova Zemlya was the wrong color...
Any ideas on the island north of the oversize Ireland?

A redditor spotted this in Malaysia_

badsculpt.jpg

Hmm, Poland and Finland are part of the USSR and most of Eastern Europe is fused into one country. No way that leads to instability. /s
And those aren't the only mergers, looks at Libya-Tunisia, Brazil-Uruguay, Guyana-Suriname, and unified Korea.

Damn it, not only did we lose our spellchecker and Alaska, but now we are down to only one Hawaiian Island.

Islands are overrated anyways. Behold, I present the next webfind, in which the Autraliondesian Peninsula does away with all those pesky archipels, and even Japan got peninsula'ed (Hey, a new verb!) by means of Sakhalin and Kamchatka.

baddonesia.jpg

Islands are overrated anyways. Behold, I present the next webfind, in which the Autraliondesian Peninsula does away with all those pesky archipels, and even Japan got peninsula'ed (Hey, a new verb!) by means of Sakhalin and Kamchatka.

View attachment 827847
To be fair, isplands would be nearly impossible to have in the right place in a wall decoration like that. Plus Africa is in such a fragile chapel that it would fall apart, if not attached to the much blocker Europe and Middle East.