Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Speaking about educational maps, this Dutch one about soil types actually isn't that bad, it's just the way they decided to reduce map space by shifting the continents a bit closer is kinda funny.

Oh, and with all that continental shift (heh) they seemed to have forgotten New Zealand
Weirder still, they left some English words untranslated (grey-brown, red-yellow, and chestnut) but translated everything else into Dutch.

Fnro9dUakAAI9yV

Speaking about educational maps, this Dutch one about soil types actually isn't that bad, it's just the way they decided to reduce map space by shifting the continents a bit closer is kinda funny.

Oh, and with all that continental shift (heh) they seemed to have forgotten New Zealand

View attachment 805622
This may be my ignorance of soil classification showing, but it's also weird to me to call the American South a "desert".

This may be my ignorance of soil classification showing, but it's also weird to me to call the American South a "desert".
Given that the equivalent latitude and coastal position on the Eurasian Continent (South China) has the same soiltypes, I'm not sure it is wrong.

(Shanghai's latitude is about half way between Jacksonville and Savannah)

Interesting that they only provided the French and not Dutch name of Belgium, despite Dutch speakers making up over half of the country and being wealthier. I mean sure French is the former prestige/elite language, but it seems bizarre to exclude that while also providing bilingual variants of Ireland.

Interesting that they only provided the French and not Dutch name of Belgium, despite Dutch speakers making up over half of the country and being wealthier. I mean sure French is the former prestige/elite language, but it seems bizarre to exclude that while also providing bilingual variants of Ireland.
Also lacks the Ñ in España

Switzerland is also in French instead of German.

Good catch. The map is wrong. The American South is dominated by Ultisols, a type of red clay soil. They're also found in southern China, which has a similar climate. Deserts have Aridosols, which are tan in color and are nutrient-poor.

Good catch. The map is wrong. The American South is dominated by Ultisols, a type of red clay soil. They're also found in southern China, which has a similar climate. Deserts have Aridosols, which are tan in color and are nutrient-poor.

So even the education was bad after all. Oh well, onto the next webfind:

badsoutheastaamricce.jpg