Return of Horrible Educational Maps

badkings.jpg

I didn't realise that Larry King would still be around in a few hundred million years.
We only see the Larry King part. As the Live is cut off it leaves a lot open to interpretation. Anyways, I for one am glad the Australians no longer need to have Christmas and Summer breaks at the wrong time of year. Shame about Africa, but maybe they are the sole occupants south of the Equator/table.

Just remember, having Monaco border Italy isn't ASB. *most* of the OTL current coastline of France between Monaco and the Italian border (Roccabruna and Menton ) was part of Monaco until 1848 (recognized by treaty in 1861). Have Italian Unification go differently and maybe one of two other changes and it can happen.

View attachment 791717Just came across this in the wild. Maine took a big ol bite out of New Brunswick

a few other places look wonky as well
Interestingly, that looks a lot like the claimed Maine border back in the day. It’s as though a early 1800s mapmaker was hired by Ezilon.com (whatever that is) and just did what they’re known best for doing—drawing the borders their nation wants rather than the ones which exist on the ground.

Interestingly, that looks a lot like the claimed Maine border back in the day. It’s as though a early 1800s mapmaker was hired by Ezilon.com (whatever that is) and just did what they’re known best for doing—drawing the borders their nation wants rather than the ones which exist on the ground.
Huh. I knew Maine used to claim more land to the north but I had kinda forgotten the eastern border was ever disputed

Huh. I knew Maine used to claim more land to the north but I had kinda forgotten the eastern border was ever disputed

This is one of the better maps I've been able to find on the conflicting pre- Webster-Ashburton claims:
1384999399-0.jpg

Not the worst map out there, but still annoyingly sloppy;
View attachment 792224

Supposedly shows the borders of countries around the Baltic during the interwar era, but, well, those borders leave a lot to be desired. Found on wikipedia.
Wikipedia has quite a few good maps on it (I've made a substantial collection of 'em :) ).... And then, they have stuff like this....
My guess would be that the creator had a current map for reference, but only sort of an idea what the pre-1939 boundaries actually looked like...

It's a shame I have a few good maps for this, but they are all in a book from the 1890s to 1960ies in my private library and I simple fear dispite all care if I scan these goodies the books might get severely damaged, might try to ipone it and then get them onto PC, especially some of the Chinese Warlard area maps are wild to say the least.