Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Do we know the date? Maybe it was still 1946 and the mapmaker thought: Burma, India what's the difference the British own both of them anyway?

Well, with the US in Japan and the SU in Manchuria (and the rest of China seemingly non yet communist) it is obviously post-war and with the Black darts out of the SU saying menace aerienne and not menace atomique (like the black dart from the US) it is before the first Soviet nuclear bombs, so yes, somewhere between 1946 and '49 I guess.

But speaking of WW2:

badrbaross.jpg

somewhere between 1946 and '49 I guess
Must be at least 1948, based on note 9 about Manchuria (Sous controlé soviétique jusqu'en 1952, d'après l'accord de 1948 entre Staline et Mao Tse-Tung / Under Soviet control until 1952, according to the 1948 agreement between Stalin and Mao Tse-Tung).

Atlanta airport does feature an oddly large Australia:
Not to mention an oddly slab-sided South America, Africa missing its horn, a weird Europe-Asia boundary, mutilated India and Malaya and that most of the Middle East has apparently been abolished - really, the Australia thing is quite minor.

The Europe-Asia boundary is like one of those horror-movie paintings that gets progressively wronger the long you look at it. I think they've used the Russian border as the western edge of 'Asia', but they've done something different for 'Europe' - possibly including draining the Black Sea and gluing it on to SE Ukraine - but Anatolia and the rest of the Middle East isn't in either, apart from that bizarrely shrunken and mispositioned Arabia...

And now I need to get it out of my head.

Crazy Boris

Banned
60cd1dc3333688.04535263-original.jpg

Map of the USA on a 1950s commemorative half dollar. The west coast doesn't look bad, but the further east you go, the more it looks like the states were microwaved. F in chat for Maryland and Delaware

"Oh and I forgot, can you add surrounding countries to the map as well?"
"That would cost you extra"
"nvm then, I can do it myself"
FepfqTCWIAAWWlO

One of those, the more you look at it, the worse it gets. Did they just google a random bad AH-map or what?
My guess is that the map was designed with Hungary, Cambodia, etc. on it but since its construction their panels have simply fallen off the wall.