Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Usually the TV station Arte does good programs.

But on this one they were somewhat sloppy with Eastern Europe
badkarambolage.jpg

>labeled as entire, total, and complete

>cuts off large parts of Northern America and Eurasia and completely excludes Antarctica aside from a note and an arrow pointing south.

Also shoutout to rhombus India
Netherlands seems to have expanded deep into the ocean
Pear-Shaped Britain
Africa and Middle East fused together into a single blob
Swollen Tasmania
Scandinavia looks uncomfortably like a hand (Handinavia?)
Thanks, I hate it

A fan from 1936, when japan celebrated the signing of the Anti-Comintern Pact

Of course, for this thread it pays off to zoom in on the map a bit:

polfan3.jpg

I do slightly wonder about it being from 1936, since Germany seems to have already annexed Austria and Switzerland (wait, what?), although Austria might be one of the smaller blips towards The Balkans™ (but that still doesn't excuse the lack of Helvetia.

Also an Uber East Prussia seems to stretch across the entire Baltics and might or might not be independent from Germany (the coloring is way to haphazard to derive much info from it)

Finally under the imperial Japanese flag one can see a continuous coast line going from Papua New Guinea to Australia.

Speaking of the Axis, here's a world map from amazon's The Man in the High Castle tv series showing the axis over modern day borders, are they expecting americans to point at the map and say "oh I recognize that line in south america, that means the germans own venezuela but not colombia!"
P.s. mods this counts as educational because the map is featured in a classroom

Attachments

• 39821A02-16FE-4DE6-87F0-6E748E5CD31F.jpg
    39821A02-16FE-4DE6-87F0-6E748E5CD31F.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 148
Speaking of the Axis, here's a world map from amazon's The Man in the High Castle tv series showing the axis over modern day borders, are they expecting americans to point at the map and say "oh I recognize that line in south america, that means the germans own venezuela but not colombia!"
P.s. mods this counts as educational because the map is featured in a classroom
The fact that the Germans have *half* of Brazil is odd also. The best part is that you can see the post WWII borders of Poland, a county that wouldn't even have existed as a single Reichgau.