Return of Horrible Educational Maps

The Balkans™

They are always a challenge to depict correctly.

Point in case a map from when Montenegro was still a part from rump Yugoslavia. And Wales and Scotland still were independent (wait, what?)
View attachment 753365
At least it includes lots of the small things most maps miss, though: Ceuta, Melilla, Formentera (not just Ibiza), the Channel Islands, that island in the middle of the Bay of Biscay...wait, what?

According to reddit this is in an office in Istanbul:

badofficeistanbul2.jpg

Ignoring things like missing Islands (Japan, UK, etc) I think the only country that is *significantly* out of place is Germany.

OK. This does lead to the question of how we get France in control of post of Pre-war Germany and Germany at most controlling the East Prussia of the land it hand before the war plus all of Russia.
Alternate great migrations? The Germanic tribes migrated east instead of into the Roman Empire, with some exceptions like the Franks who kept hanging around the Rhineland.

That’s actually pretty cool. Alaska logos tend to have three mountains on them, so the guy literally paid zero attention when downloading the image and putting it into his billboard file.

Wtf is Russia's definition of Alaska???

That’s actually pretty cool. Alaska logos tend to have three mountains on them, so the guy literally paid zero attention when downloading the image and putting it into his billboard file.

Damn, I got ninja'd while stitching together my answer, heck, those straight lines at the bottom of the mountains even do spell out "Alaska" if you look closely

alaska3.jpg

OK. This does lead to the question of how we get France in control of post of Pre-war Germany and Germany at most controlling the East Prussia of the land it hand before the war plus all of Russia.
It's the inherent tendency of nearly everyone to move eastwards:

badspain.jpg

Crazy Boris

Banned
Wtf is Russia's definition of Alaska???

View attachment 756666

According to a Russian friend: there’s a company in Krasnoyarsk that sells trailers called “Alaska” and this is an ad for them, something that a quick google search seems to confirm. So I guess the text “Аляска наша” doesn’t mean “Alaska is ours” as much as it does “Our Alaska” as in, “Russia has an Alaska and its here in Krasnoyarsk!”, which would explain why the city is shown on the map.

Absolutely awful timing for the company, but hey, now people all over Russia and the world know them, so that’s gotta count for something?

Edit: in case anyone doesn’t believe me, here’s their website, and you can even see the mountains in their logo: alaskatrailers.ru

It’s almost kind of hilarious that an advertisement ended up looking like ultranationalist propaganda by accident

Last edited: