Return of Horrible Educational Maps

At least those do have endpoints. There is a bunch of thin lines going from London over southern Sweden into Finland... and then just fading out there.

Unfortunately reddit didn't give any information of what that map is about or from where it hailed, so what those black lines and dots are even meant to represent we have zero clue.

Anyways, have some fries:

View attachment 614032
In which Bulgaria drains the Black Sea.
Also, Pink Note Portuguese Africa, Mittelafrika, Austria-Poland, and Footprint of Mussolini Italy (screaming in Slovenian).

Also, Pink Note Portuguese Africa, Mittelafrika, Austria-Poland, and Footprint of Mussolini Italy (screaming in Slovenian).

Bulgarian annexation of Black Sea is balanced out by Greece-Turkey-Transcaucasia-Caspian-Turkestan

Bulgarian annexation of Black Sea is balanced out by Greece-Turkey-Transcaucasia-Caspian-Turkestan

It is a long standing tradition of bad map makers that you can include national borders in your maps, but you don't have to include all of them.

related:

badinterlakens.jpg

How to depict time zones:

-take a world map
-divide it into 24 same sized slices
-apply GMT to the slice that contains Britain and set up the other slices accordingly

badtime.jpg

Not related but also on topic the Time Zones Alignment chart:

badmapalignmentchat.png

I was concerned for a moment that there were two Svalbards, but fortunately it's just that there are a couple of these stacked on top of each other. What's more worrying is the airline routes(?) with endpoints in the middle of the sea or the Sahara desert.
Ummm... yeah. What airline was responsible for this atrocity again? Not that I plan on flying anytime soon (I'm like Stalin in that regard), but it'd be good to know...

At least those do have endpoints. There is a bunch of thin lines going from London over southern Sweden into Finland... and then just fading out there.

Unfortunately reddit didn't give any information of what that map is about or from where it hailed, so what those black lines and dots are even meant to represent we have zero clue.

Anyways, have some fries:

View attachment 614032
Always thought Bulgaria got sort of cheated after the 2nd Balkan War, but draining and annexing the Black Sea seems a little extreme :p

How to depict time zones:

-take a world map
-divide it into 24 same sized slices
-apply GMT to the slice that contains Britain and set up the other slices accordingly

View attachment 615233
Apart from the big fail of the timezones, someone please explain me what the f*** is that "sea" that goes from St. Petersburg to Moscow. Also, why is the Black sea connected to the Caspian?

Other than the significant distortions, and wondering whether the FUSSR republics should be there, isn't there something wierd with Serbia's borders?

The further from Brussels you get, the worse it becomes.
Two things jump out in the Balkans.
1) It actually looks like Bosnia has a seacoast. Everything south of Neum is Bosnia.
2) Definite Albania-wank. Looks like Albania contains Kosovo, additional Southern Serbia and probably every other area in the Balkans with 10 speakers in the Albanian language families ended up in Albania.

Hold your horses here. Weren't this posted not so long ago on AH.com as a alternate history poster/flyer, with whole backstory?
Here it is: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/map-thread-xx.492239/page-190#post-21441776

Ah, my bad, I seen it on reddit and that is remarkably bad at citing sources.
So it is a map from an ATL setting, I'll remove it from my post, thanks for clearing that up.

Gaze at the goings-on in the timeline and despair.

In fact, I'm surprised these mappers got anything right at all, given the evident sloppiness and coding errors.

Last edited: