Return of Horrible Educational Maps

What can I say? Well, the place where the map point towards is definitely not western Ukraine, so far they got it right...

badcnn.jpg

And for a change, have here a good map (ah, well, it's a Mercator, so "good" is already relative)

Unlike many maps in this thread this exemplar has not forgotten to depict New Zealand...

badzealand.jpg

Forget global warming! We really need to be worrying about insular drift!! :openedeyewink:

Not to mention the peninsula drift!

badspain.jpg

Also note that the Low Countries are beyond sea-level low. Although I'm slighty disappointed that the map maker didn't fudge up Kaliningrad (One of the minimum requirements for a PhD in bad mapmaking)

View attachment 576342
Also note that the Low Countries are beyond sea-level low. Although I'm slighty disappointed that the map maker didn't fudge up Kaliningrad (One of the minimum requirements for a PhD in bad mapmaking)
O unholy f*%k..... :p
Well.... aside from the navigational perils of the lengthy Straits of Gibraltar.... if you can brave the Strait of Corsica and make it to the Northern Coast of Spain, I'm sure the views would be SPECTACULAR :p
Andorra always did need a seaport anyway ;)

Has there ever been an empire that controlled all of the land in that gigantic Greece that didn't also control Ankara and Cyprus?
The Byzantine Empire briefly did after the Seljuq invasion, although they might have controlled Cyprus also, I can't recall from memory.

View attachment 576342
How, just HOW can someone do so many things right and still fuck up so badly? Seriously, the borders are excellent!

Well, except the fact that Crimea is an island now apparently.

O unholy f*%k..... :p
How, just HOW can someone do so many things right and still fuck up so badly? Seriously, the borders are excellent!

This is really just a typo map. So many corporate maps are just clip art that someone from the graphics design department can click on a country, change its color, and move it around.

In this map, that specific someone likely clicked on Spain and Portugal (and I'm guessing the Low Countries too) and accidentally dragged them 500km/300mi east. My guess is that the Low Countries are still on the map, but their layer is buried somewhere underneath Czechia.

(Crimea is another matter. I think that's just an oddity of how the borders are displayed. Scotland and Denmark have similar issues.)

It's a typo map.

Given the expensive nature of the map its quality is rather shoddy. (seen at reddit)

badgold44a.jpg

Well, kudos for the jewelers' shop owner for putting up such a fancy gadget (yes, that is gold)

screencapture-mytvsuper-tc-live-83-2020-08-22-10_44_29.png

Literally from today, August 22, 2020.

When you're referring to the Nord Stream project, you don't just use the modern Finnish-Russian border, and somehow use pre-WW2 borders for the rest of Europe.

I'm not going to comment the lack of borders between Germany, and Denmark, and between Norway, Sweden, and Finland.

維堡 = Vyborg (Viipuri)
聖彼得堡 = Saint Petersburg
烏斯季盧加 = Ust-Luga
格賴夫斯瓦爾德 = Greifswald

Last edited:
When you're referring to the Nord Stream project, you don't just use the modern Finnish-Russian border, and somehow use pre-WW2 borders for the rest of Europe.

維堡 = Vyborg (Viipuri)
聖彼得堡 = Saint Petersburg
烏斯季盧加 = Ust-Luga
格賴夫斯瓦爾德 = Greifswald

Who knows, maybe those borders are part of the Nordstream project: Poland and Russia carve up Belorussia and Ukraine but have to restore the 1937 borders with Germany. Danzig will become the Singapore of the Baltic or something like that.

Speaking of Baltic hijinks:

badestonia3.jpg