Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Britain doesn’t own Pakistan.
Only the Belgian Congo is coloured in and not European Belgium.
Valid, didn't catch that.

French control over North Africa is limited to the coasts.
Disagree with this, though. That seems to be about right if we're going by active settlement. Algeria, for example:
800px-French_Algeria_evolution_1830-1962_map-fr.svg.png

I feel like I'm missing something. This seems about right for the 1880s-1890s. I mean, I'm sure there are some odd smaller issues with borders, but nothing despicable enough to be "one of the worst maps you've ever seen"
OK issues that I see... Modern (or at least Soviet time period) borders within Russia and in West Africa, Modern Pakistan not marked as British, (in 1888, I think that Afghanistan would have counted as well. Puerto Rico should be Spanish gold as well. If Belgium has all of the Congo then there are considerable French areas missing in Africa. Arguably, the British should not have complete control around the entire Australian Coastline in 1888, but that's *really* minor. So I'm not giving it the grade of F the original poster gave, but not the grade of B that this poster seemed to give...

I have to admit that it took me a few seconds to realize that the metal sheets were actually representing some continents and not just random blobs being tacked on the frame.

badglobe.jpg

And for a change, a map that might be technically bad because it essentially shows nothing but the continent's outline (and we have enough maps in this thread which even fail at that) but actually it's a rather nice map and rather well made given what the cartographer chose to depict.

badactuallynice.jpg

And for a change, a map that might be technically bad because it essentially shows nothing but the continent's outline (and we have enough maps in this thread which even fail at that) but actually it's a rather nice map and rather well made given what the cartographer chose to depict.

View attachment 500305
Quick, someone make an ASB timeline where the *extended* Quetzal tail feathers are actually land! :) It is actually rather pretty...