Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Today in my Cultural Geography class I got some HW, heres the HW paper:

As you can see from reading that there is a provided map but well...

This is going to be somewhat difficult
"Traditional religions". You should mark Vatican City for that one, they should have put more effort in.

I took a look at the map in the back of my Russian textbook today and it's pretty bad.
Yo3EGCx.jpg

Ireland is united, Poland swallowed up Kaliningrad, Armenia invaded Nakhchivan, Slovenia has all of Istria, Bulgaria took Romania's coastline and Moldova now owns all of Bessarabia, among other mishaps

I took a look at the map in the back of my Russian textbook today and it's pretty bad.
Yo3EGCx.jpg

Ireland is united, Poland swallowed up Kaliningrad, Armenia invaded Nakhchivan, Slovenia has all of Istria, Bulgaria took Romania's coastline and Moldova now owns all of Bessarabia, among other mishaps
I feel like every countries borders are bulging in some way.

Yo3EGCx.jpg

In Soviet Union, Alternate History's YOU!

Yo3EGCx.jpg

Why is there still a Serbia and Montenegro? Why is Iceland not shown? Also, assuming it's from Russia, why are Abkhazia and South Ossetia not shown? And, for that matter, why is Crimea not part of Russia? And the Aral Sea is YUUUUGE.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Why is there still a Serbia and Montenegro? Why is Iceland not shown? Also, assuming it's from Russia, why are Abkhazia and South Ossetia not shown? And, for that matter, why is Crimea not part of Russia? And the Aral Sea is YUUUUGE.

Seeing as Serbia and Montenegro are still shown as one thing, this would have to be from before 2006, so before Abkhazia or South Ossetia were recognized by Russia, or the annexation of Crimea.

That said though, if this is from Russia, then why the hell is Kaliningrad shown as Polish?!.
That would be like an American textbook attaching Alaska to Canada.

Expansion_of_Rome%2C_2nd_century_BC.gif

While reading the Wikipedia article on Spartacus, I came across this magnificent mess of a map.

Problems include but are not limited to:
1. Ireland is flat-out gone, as are the Aegean islands and Malta.
2. Something terrible has happened to Corsica (most of the islands are terribly deformed, but none quite as bad).
3. Brittany has been severely trimmed.
4. Crimea is smaller than Crete, apparently.
5. It looks like the basemap was drawn in the middle of a seizure. Just look at it!

Last edited:

While reading the Wikipedia article on Spartacus, I came across this magnificent mess of a map.

2. Something terrible has happened to Corsica (most of the islands are terribly deformed, but none quite as bad).
5. It looks like the basemap was drawn in the middle of a seizure. Just look at it!
I'm going to have a seizure just looking at Brittany.

The Bay of Biscay must have been colder back then.