Return of Horrible Educational Maps

I wouldn't have posted this, but it does have 'map' in its title. Whatever it is, it's ridiculous. I especially enjoy the countries of "New Zeeland' and "Chech". Some of the country placements are just flat-out wrong, like having Portugal in Latin America, or Uruguay in Europe. The choice of South Asia as a blanket term for everything from New Guinea to the Sinai, including the Caucasus is crazy. Then there's the inclusion of Greece and Israel in Protestant Europe (Israel I somewhat understand, at least in a sense, but Greece!?) And if all that wasn't enough for you, there's a dot without a corresponding country label.

View attachment 372616
>lithuania is more secular than latvia and has more self expression than estonia

this is garbage

But what's that red line supposed to mean?

>lithuania is more secular than latvia and has more self expression than estonia

this is garbage

But what's that red line supposed to mean?
I subscribe to the belief that the red line represents former communist states, and the red shading shows formerly Communist Eastern European countries, which in my opinion is a poor choice.

Not exactly sure if this counts but...this popped up in my geo 1 lecture when talking about sedimentary Depositional environments and even the professor was like "Um...thats not exactly california is it...."
slide_17.jpg

I don't think it intends to be California, but a diagram to show al lot of features on one picture.
The artist simply tock a drawing of California and altered it to show everything.