Return of Horrible Educational Maps

All eye-gouging horribleness aside, I find it quite interesting how many Turkish names seem to have come from French: Fransa (of course), Ingiltere (from Angleterre), Irlanda (From Irlande. Might just be a corruption of Ireland tho), Norveç (from Norvège), Iskoçya (from Ecosse), that I can see here.
Remnants of Lingua Franca, perhaps?

waitwhat.jpg

Not quite educational. I also imagine it would have been spot on if they used a larger map.
No, they're showing the UK as farther left than Spain and farther down than the US. A rectangular projection won't do that, no matter what the scale.

No, they're showing the UK as farther left than Spain and farther down than the US. A rectangular projection won't do that, no matter what the scale.
Looks like they've taken the points from a Spain centred global map and stuck on a different flat projection.

ninel

Banned
Probably a result from the Franco-Ottoman alliance.
Or more probably, a result of the 20th-century “reforms” of the Turkish language. Won’t be surprising if aforementioned countries were named Somethingstan in Ottoman Turkish, cf. eg. change of Ottoman Lehistan into modern Polonya.

Some of these words aren’t even probably French-derived – Ingiltere looks more similar to Italian Inghilterra, and Iskoçya to Italian Scozia than to French names.

GCDP-rect-logo-for-web.png

from here: not educational, likely intentional but really weird: South Atlantic almost closed like in Gondwanaland, random ridges in the North Atlantic, Australia having the west bitten off and shoved between Africa and India, and a strange minicontinent and other strange islands south of Indonesia...

GCDP-rect-logo-for-web.png

from here: not educational, likely intentional but really weird: South Atlantic almost closed like in Gondwanaland, random ridges in the North Atlantic, Australia having the west bitten off and shoved between Africa and India, and a strange minicontinent and other strange islands south of Indonesia...

Here is a map.

Here is a map on drugs.

Crazy Boris

Banned
it looks like Greenland is the mass just south of Java and New Guinea is to the west of Sumatra. The islands of Japan seem to have drifted towards Madagascar, and I think the two northernmost islands in the Atlantic are Iceland and possibly Cuba, but I have no clue what that triangular one might be.