Return of Horrible Educational Maps

20180618_154843_zpsw00ghzqh.jpg

Well, I've seen worse...

aside from highlighting pretty much only animals and not displaying countries, there's actually very little wrong with that that i can see--the only things missing that i can see right away are the Arctic islands above Eurasia such as Svalbard

aside from highlighting pretty much only animals and not displaying countries, there's actually very little wrong with that that i can see--the only things missing that i can see right away are the Arctic islands above Eurasia such as Svalbard
Really? Look at the european-asian border.

Oh and there are no penguins north of the equator (except the Galapagos penguin endemic to the Galapagos Islands).

those could easily be auks instead ;) you do make a good point about Russia being counted as part of Asia, but then it also shows the Sinai Peninsula as part of Africa. devil's advocate, they were probably simplifying it to "this country goes to whatever continent it has the most territory in" and that would mean that Egypt is portrayed as solely African and Russia as solely Asian

those could easily be auks instead ;) you do make a good point about Russia being counted as part of Asia, but then it also shows the Sinai Peninsula as part of Africa. devil's advocate, they were probably simplifying it to "this country goes to whatever continent it has the most territory in" and that would mean that Egypt is portrayed as solely African and Russia as solely Asian
And Turkey is also entirely in Asia...

Also, the entire range of the Koala is in *Eastern* Australia, there are no palm trees in the area of the Southern of the two palm trees in in Australia (that's Alice Springs area)

And Cactus do not occur in Africa, that's a New World only family.

But even with all of those together, I'm just not sure it reaches "Horrible".

That would explain why the european part of Turkey is in Asia... I don't think you can see it quite good on the pic, but it looks pretty weird irl. Like I said, I've seen worse. I agree that it's not horrible, but I wanted to share it anyway.

Oh and in Dutch the continent Australia is usually called Oceanië:
400px-Continental_models-nl.gif

from wiki

Oh and in Dutch the continent Australia is usually called Oceanië: <image snipped>
Yeah, I found 'Australië' a bit strange too, considering it included non-Australian nations. Nice gif. Reminds me of a not-entirely-serious conversation I had once in which we debated what a 'continent' was; at one point we were defining it as a land-mass over a certain size which was entirely connected by land, which gave us lots and lots of islands not part of continents (New Zealand, Japan, GB, Iceland, Madagascar, etc, etc) plus just four continents - Antarctica, America, Australia and another which needed some sort of horribly contrived name - Afropia/Eurasica/Afreurasia/etc. Like I say, not entirely serious...