Return of Horrible Educational Maps

So in my history class (9H), we're doing notes on the Treaty of Versailles.
I found one of the most inaccurate maps I think ever made. Tried looking it up, found a completely different slideshow with the same map.
This is what children have been taught that Interbellum Europe looked like:
View attachment 370508
most of the errors are around poland though, other than that it's just poor color choices for some countries e.g. Scandinavian countries, Greece and Bulgaria

So in my history class (9H), we're doing notes on the Treaty of Versailles.
I found one of the most inaccurate maps I think ever made. Tried looking it up, found a completely different slideshow with the same map.
This is what children have been taught that Interbellum Europe looked like:
View attachment 370508
My favorite part is independent East Prussia. And nearly flat West Prussia. And Greco-Bulgaria.

Apart from the bad borders, I think it's part of mapmaking 101 that you don't use the same color for two different countries that border each other.

Seen in a class on Africa. Remember the Portuguese colony of Liberia? Or what about the Hitlerite stronghold of Namibia?

7inone_by_chipmunken-dc3d2vm.png

The German Settlers of Namibia were actually quite sympathetic to the Nazis.
But from what I can tell there was no actual fighting there. This map seems to imply that Namibia was never taken by the British and it was heavily supportive of the Nazi Party under German rule.

Given that we recently had quite some Africa and South America maps here I guess I can put this one here as well.

A background map in an anime that features an already bad map (even with the blur one can already see stuff being quite wrong, like a Mercator projection combined with tuberculosis) which has the additional peculiar notion that the southern part of Africa is shaped like Patagonia.

Southafrerica.jpg

Given that we recently had quite some Africa and South America maps here I guess I can put this one here as well.

A background map in an anime that features an already bad map (even with the blur one can already see stuff being quite wrong, like a Mercator projection combined with tuberculosis) which has the additional peculiar notion that the southern part of Africa is shaped like Patagonia.

View attachment 371325

Which anime is this?

View attachment 371325
Lol at Sweden and India too, and where is Britain? East Asia is perfectly drawn though, to a T.

Seen in a class on Africa. Remember the Portuguese colony of Liberia? Or what about the Hitlerite stronghold of Namibia?

7inone_by_chipmunken-dc3d2vm.png
That Sinai looks awesome. Also, Mauritania was never colonized according to the map, along with Algeria and Gabon, and quite a few others. Plus, the Nile looks to be a few hundred miles wide.

Last edited: