Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Fair point, but my younger self was thinking about the 1800s and 1900s

Mind you, due to political peculiarities the borders of the German Confederation (1815-66) did exclude East Prussia (and West Prussia and Posen as well) so a misinterpretation of it being a separate entity is not entirely without cause.

Anyways, let's have a map:

badyptair.jpg

Mind you, due to political peculiarities the borders of the German Confederation (1815-66) did exclude East Prussia (and West Prussia and Posen as well) so a misinterpretation of it being a separate entity is not entirely without cause.

View attachment 708089
Of all the projections they could've used....

Think I would've opted for an equidistant projection centred on Cairo :)

Re: The German Confederation.... I have some maps that show a small portion of western Galicia, east of Teschen and Austrian Silesia, and south of Krakow, as included in the GC... but have had no luck figuring out why this is... any ideas?

Only looked at the shape of the continents at first and didn't notice anything relevant (Iceland is a bit off). Then I noticed Helsinki was in the Yamal Peninsula and all hell broke loose.
O Holy F#@k I just zoomed in close enough to read the city names 😳 😳

Someone please draw some boundaries to match the city locations x'D

I'm still trying to figure out which area is less likely to be a National capital, Helsinki's location or Beijing's. I'm not saying that Finland and China couldn't end up with those locations after a Nuclear Soviet Civil War, but neither is moving their capital there...

I'm still trying to figure out which area is less likely to be a National capital, Helsinki's location or Beijing's. I'm not saying that Finland and China couldn't end up with those locations after a Nuclear Soviet Civil War, but neither is moving their capital there...
Given that Alt-Helsinki is all the way in the Arctic Circle...

Oh, and the equator now goes through Northern Spain, New Brunswick and Nortern Japan
Glad you pointed that out! Now the "relocations" make a bit more sense... as New Beijing is still in the Tropics, New Helsinki is comfortably in the temperate zone....
Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Santiago and Tasmania on the other hand may be in for some nasty winters....

Glad you pointed that out! Now the "relocations" make a bit more sense... as New Beijing is still in the Tropics, New Helsinki is comfortably in the temperate zone....
Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Santiago and Tasmania on the other hand may be in for some nasty winters....
Tasmania's winter's aren't bad, I mean it has fallen off the edge of the earth so everything has simply frozen solid, but it will get better when it falls into the sun.

View attachment 708089
“Hi, yes, how can I help you today? … Philip Ines? Let me see… no, no one here by that name. … What? A country? An entire archipelago is missing? Sir, you need to calm down. Archipelagos dont just disappear.”

“Hi, yes, how can I help you today? … Philip Ines? Let me see… no, no one here by that name. … What? A country? An entire archipelago is missing? Sir, you need to calm down. Archipelagos dont just disappear.”

Some of the islands are still in there.