Return of Horrible Educational Maps

More of a labeling error but still would be a bad education from it

badpanam3.jpg

5294-D216-94-F1-4-A1-F-A875-CC80-D87-E121-A.jpg

Screenshot from a creationist YouTube channel (I was watching a debunking video)

At first I thought it was cool how the transparent globe emphasized how big the Pacific Ocean was. Then I realized it was because Alaska and Siberia were thousands of miles apart. On a globe…

Count the lines of latitude. The equator isn't shown as a line. It would run roughly from Los Angeles to Cape Hatteras.
Oh nice, the equator goes almost straight through the Gibraltar Strait. Also, "Western Sharah" and a tiny island in the Atlantic called Liechtenstein. And, while I would call any modern use of Mercator projection horrible, overlaying it on a globe is a special crime.

But that whole site is a collection of horrible maps, including this ugly equal-area projection, "updated last 2017", but where's South Sudan and Kosovo? The link to a map to "help to educate children and other corporate people" is unfortunately dead, but there's still this "North Kore Location map and Guam location map on globe":

north-korea-and-guam-on-globe-th.jpg

Crazy Boris

Banned
Oh nice, the equator goes almost straight through the Gibraltar Strait. Also, "Western Sharah" and a tiny island in the Atlantic called Liechtenstein. And, while I would call any modern use of Mercator projection horrible, overlaying it on a globe is a special crime.

But that whole site is a collection of horrible maps, including this ugly equal-area projection, "updated last 2017", but where's South Sudan and Kosovo? The link to a map to "help to educate children and other corporate people" is unfortunately dead, but there's still this "North Kore Location map and Guam location map on globe":

north-korea-and-guam-on-globe-th.jpg
Ah yes, the Territery of Guam. Important to note that it’s a territery and not a stote.

Almost every single interwar textbook i have had has "East Prussia" labeled as a separate entity rather than a German Exclave
that might be dependent on how the maps are being portrayed--are they in full color, or just outlines? (this was the only real problem i had with the selective representation on UCS, since it could make a non-contiguous country which didn't have a color look like it represented more countries than actually exist)

Crazy Boris

Banned
Almost every single interwar textbook i have had has "East Prussia" labeled as a separate entity rather than a German Exclave

I remember when I was younger and just starting learning about history I assumed East Prussia had to be a country at some point because I’d heard it referred to as if it was one before. I can’t remember exactly what I thought, like, when it would have been or under what circumstances it would be separated from West Prussia, but it made sense to me

I remember when I was younger and just starting learning about history I assumed East Prussia had to be a country at some point because I’d heard it referred to as if it was one before. I can’t remember exactly what I thought, like, when it would have been or under what circumstances it would be separated from West Prussia, but it made sense to me

East Prussia was a country at some point (Duchy of Prussia). It was separated from West Prussia because Polish Kings took over that.