Return of Horrible Educational Maps

bad_map_projection_the_greenland_special.png

The projection for those who think the Mercator projection gives people a distorted idea of how big Greenland is, but a very accurate idea of how big it SHOULD be.
The best part of this is that he's using a pseuodcylindrical projection but doesn't show the borders, which is another mistake people seem to make a lot of the time.

The best part of this is that he's using a pseuodcylindrical projection but doesn't show the borders, which is another mistake people seem to make a lot of the time.
Well, at least that's not something you'll find around here!
{a map chosen from among contest winners in an attempt to mitigate the perception of picking on its creator}
View attachment 96075
Er, I mean, not something you'll find around here in the years since someone added a border to that basemap.

Ah, but the glorious northern border of Kazakhstan is fixed, immutable, and unchanging! As it (*cocks rifle*) always has been! :D
Is it just me, or has Kaliningrad Oblast already been shorn off of East Prussia, for some strange reason? Also, where did the rest of the Italian and Japanese Empire possessions disappear to?

Crazy Boris

Banned
unknown.png

I'm taking a Swedish class and today I had this exercise, I had to select the official languages of various countries

someone needs to tell my teacher that Napoleon lost.

I dunno if im allowed to actually post this or if I'll get expelled for it or something, but it'll be worth it to share this little Rheinbund cameo.

unknown.png

I'm taking a Swedish class and today I had this exercise, I had to select the official languages of various countries

someone needs to tell my teacher that Napoleon lost.

I dunno if im allowed to actually post this or if I'll get expelled for it or something, but it'll be worth it to share this little Rheinbund cameo.
Well... I rather like the... anachronism :p of this!
Was this a live class or online? I would've loved to look around and see how many of my classmates were scratching their heads at this one :)
If I had taken up teaching, this looks like something I would do just to see who was still paying attention ;)

Crazy Boris

Banned
Well... I rather like the... anachronism :p of this!
Was this a live class or online? I would've loved to look around and see how many of my classmates were scratching their heads at this one :)
If I had taken up teaching, this looks like something I would do just to see who was still paying attention ;)
The class itself is live but the assignments are all online

So the Russians bought Alaska back and Singapore annexed parts of Malaysia?

Also why Nigeria and no other former non-Anglo colonies? Are there really that much more people who speak English as a first language in Nigeria than in other former colonies?

From Burning at Europe's Borders. Not the worst map in the world but a few inaccuracies:
1. Spanish Mauritania
2. French Western Sahara
2. “After” Berlin Conference whereas the map is more roughly 1917
3. Unchanging Libyan borders
4. Weird borders between colonies that reflect modern national borders
5. “GERMEN”
Clearly the author made this map in less than an hour on photoshop and could've devoted an extra 10 minutes to making sure what she was making was accurate.

not my africa.png

Edit: lol this is the first Google result and the author just quickly copied it: https://www.google.com/search?q=con...iw=1422&bih=720&dpr=1.35#imgrc=Z8GI-8NNWol3_M

Edit 2: why is this map everywhere https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...-claim-about-african-colonies-map/ar-BB1flFVm

Last edited: