Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Deleted member 107125

Indeed. But still a poor color choice. Another example for bad colors, the official Dystopian Wars world map. The best thing to say about it is that it isn't educational at all but for a tabletop game.

It might be the lighting or the quality of the camera used, but Prussia, France, Japan and America are so similar to each other that they are hard to differentiate.

Additionally while I won't say much about the improbably borders (it is fiction after all) the map makers visible left the OTL borders on nearly the entire map.

View attachment 494057
As tradition dictates, Africa is always ‘neutral territory’ or part of a European empire in AH.

It were probably Aliens who did this:
Wierdly enough, my first thought on seeing this was a TL where Novgorod won the fight in Russia, the PLC is the primary power in Eastern Europe and the Stans are part of the Turkish cultural orbit.

(And the black sea got drained by Aliens)

Wierdly enough, my first thought on seeing this was a TL where Novgorod won the fight in Russia, the PLC is the primary power in Eastern Europe and the Stans are part of the Turkish cultural orbit.

(And the black sea got drained by Aliens)

What they effectively did was taking one of the shittiest world maps that exists (we already got several instances of that map in this thread, the lack of eastern med is a dead giveaway that it is that very map) and then took the outline of Russia from a completely different map projection and slapped it in some kind of best fit onto the basemap.

The only question is has the history channel map makers that awful or created they that map in full knowledge that it is incredibly wrong-

I guess there is only one answer to that: Aliens.

To soothe the mind, have a map from a childrens' book.

badchldbook2.jpg

Huh, I didn't know that the Infinity Gauntlet was powerful enough to erase geography as well.

Thanos was able to throw a moon at the Avengers in the Battle of Titan, and that was with only four infinity stones, and was able to wipe out half the animal biomass* of the universe with six. Destroying some landmasses should be trivial by comparison.

*Or whatever. I don't think they ever confirm whether plants, fungi, bacteria etc. were erased.

IMO the real controversy in this frame from Abominable is that 50% of the Philippines was Thanos-snapped away.
5da58397cc4a0a09d461c913
Not to mention the nine-dash line, which, aside from the obvious, is also an eyesore.

Thanos was able to throw a moon at the Avengers in the Battle of Titan, and that was with only four infinity stones, and was able to wipe out half the animal biomass* of the universe with six. Destroying some landmasses should be trivial by comparison.

*Or whatever. I don't think they ever confirm whether plants, fungi, bacteria etc. were erased.
This raises the interesting question (which incidentally I expect I'm not the first to ask) of how Thanos determined which species would be snapped and which would not be.