Return of Horrible Educational Maps

and someone definitely won the Chaco war, though you can't really tell who.
I'm not sure that there is an outcome of the Chaco war that lead to either Bolivia or Paraguay completely annexing each other. It is almost like imagining an end to the Crimean War that would lead to either Britain annexing Russia or vice versa. The Bolivian Military was used to Andean heights and not the lowlands and the Paraguayan military was certainly unused to the highlands.

I mean, I know its just meant to show countries with a coastline (and even then it isn't perfect - notice the omission of the DRC that does have an (admittedly small) coast), but they could at least show borders between landlocked states for clarity. Otherwise it just looks like a load of random space-filling empires have been created from nowhere. Not the worst map on the thread, but definitely bad.

Not to mention that there are rivers runningthrough many of those landlocked countries, which surely would take some plastic waste along for the ride (for example Vienna with over a million inhabitants and a tourist destination surely has the odd plastic cup/bag/wrapping ending up drifting downstream in the Danube) but that seems to be left out.

Unrelated, from a flyer (unknown source):

baddrwan2.jpg

Even if this is meant to be a globe and as such the curvature has to be taken into account there are still things not adding up (like the total lack of Africa south of Somalia and eastern Asia in general)

Crazy Boris

Banned
Not to mention that there are rivers runningthrough many of those landlocked countries, which surely would take some plastic waste along for the ride (for example Vienna with over a million inhabitants and a tourist destination surely has the odd plastic cup/bag/wrapping ending up drifting downstream in the Danube) but that seems to be left out.

Unrelated, from a flyer (unknown source):

View attachment 462792

Even if this is meant to be a globe and as such the curvature has to be taken into account there are still things not adding up (like the total lack of Africa south of Somalia and eastern Asia in general)

It almost looks like a massively enlarged Baffin Island is glued where the Malayan Penninsula should be

Speaking of globes here is one that is technically bad due to low degree of detail (when a single 1x brick is effectively standing in for something like 250miles you can't depict smaller stuff by default)

That much said, while the Leglobe should not be used in an educational sense it is awesome in all other regards.

badnotbad.jpg

That much said the green Sahara is a bit weird but they seemingly did the colors to depict elevation, not vegetation.

Last edited:
But now back to genuinely bad maps:

Given the size of Svalbard they started with the mercator projection and then got worse...

badworldaftrll.jpg

Especially weird is the fact that there are two Japans.

@Albidoom to me, that just looks highly stylised, not despicable.

Especially with high stylisation neither Alsace Lorraine should be that obviously French nor South Tyrol plain visibly Italian on a 1914 map. Not to mention Serbia, which painfully obvious has its modern northern border.

It's not stylized, it was a modern map with 1914 borders splotched over it.

OH. I did not notice Alsace-Lorraine and Sud-Tirol. What I did notice was those islands west of Estonia, which were very certainly part of Russia (not Swedish(?) or independent) during that time period