Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Now onto a somewhat pitiable globe seen at reddit:

Someone once decided to draw up a globe themselves and it started out not too bad:

badself1.jpg

Okay, Florida looks a bit odd and the Appalachian Great Lakes are new to me but for something hand drawn such details ain't too severe (and those big islands ver close to the North Pole might be due to when that glbe was made - more about that with the next image)

Regrettably other sides of that globe do have greater errors

badself75a.jpg

As for a guessed age of that globe, with Italian East Africa being labeled (and not Somalia and eritrea separately) it seems that globe was created somewhere between 1937 and 41/42 (hence why I tolerate those errors in the arctic: it might not have been fully known yet what was under all that ice)

Now onto a somewhat pitiable globe seen at reddit:

Someone once decided to draw up a globe themselves and it started out not too bad:

View attachment 900616

Okay, Florida looks a bit odd and the Appalachian Great Lakes are new to me but for something hand drawn such details ain't too severe (and those big islands ver close to the North Pole might be due to when that glbe was made - more about that with the next image)

Regrettably other sides of that globe do have greater errors

View attachment 900619

As for a guessed age of that globe, with Italian East Africa being labeled (and not Somalia and eritrea separately) it seems that globe was created somewhere between 1937 and 41/42 (hence why I tolerate those errors in the arctic: it might not have been fully known yet what was under all that ice)
I wonder if the artist even tried to do Antarctica and Australia or just said fuck it.

Given that the text suggest that you could draw your location on the map it is meant to have some educational value. Let's just hope that your teddy won't travel to Australia. Or the Republic of Ireland.
(And hopefully he isn't disappointed if the palm trees of Northern Greenland are not as majestic as expected...)
badteddy.jpg

"Illinois is building solar and Missouri is going to pay for it"
Given the location at the bottom, may it should be "California is building solar in Illinois and Missouri is going to pay for it"?

Given that the text suggest that you could draw your location on the map it is meant to have some educational value. Let's just hope that your teddy won't travel to Australia. Or the Republic of Ireland. (And hopefully he isn't disappointed if the palm trees of Northern Greenland are not as majestic as expected...)
Including New Zealand (and Tasmania) while leaving out Australia is stylish and unusual, but the Kirkines-Iskanderun Canal is something genuinely novel. I can't recall seeing a precedent for it.

And now a map (reddit found, as usual) in which the map maker put much effort into the Norwegian coast.

Bit of a pity that the entire rest of the map got much less effort...

badwhazzat2.jpg

Now time for actual education (found at reddit as usual). Now the map to paint in is rather blurry but it is still readable.

badsecond1.jpg

Of course the really horrible part isn't in the above map, for the student did not make any errors, he (or she) merely followed the provided list:

badsecond2.jpg

Now time for actual education (found at reddit as usual). Now the map to paint in is rather blurry but it is still readable.

View attachment 902785

Of course the really horrible part isn't in the above map, for the student did not make any errors, he (or she) merely followed the provided list:

View attachment 902786
Weird that they made Iran an Axis state and decided the Soviet Union was fully occupied by the Axis o_O

Also wtf about Turkey lol

View attachment 902785

View attachment 902786

Weird that they made Iran an Axis state and decided the Soviet Union was fully occupied by the Axis o_O

Also wtf about Turkey lol

I mean it is not exactly wrong.

Other than Iran, that is definitely wrong.
Like all of Soviet Union is also wrong but I kinda get the intention of depicting the occupation, if inaccurate.

That said Turkey did declare war on the Axis and was therefore a founding member of the UN. Even if it was so late to be only symbolic in nature, it was a thing. So not inaccurate.

I mean it is not exactly wrong.

Other than Iran, that is definitely wrong.
Like all of Soviet Union is also wrong but I kinda get the intention of depicting the occupation, if inaccurate.

That said Turkey did declare war on the Axis and was therefore a founding member of the UN. Even if it was so late to be only symbolic in nature, it was a thing. So not inaccurate.
Technicalities schmechnicalities