Restarted With A Mouse: A Pop Culture Timeline

Paramount Mountain
View attachment 848366
Opened March 19, 1995 in Las Vegas, NV

After years of planning and development, Paramount would finally throw their hat into the theme park business with Paramount Mountain in Las Vegas. Several third parties teamed up with the studio to develop attractions across the park's themed areas.

Notable Attractions at Paramount Mountain on opening day: Superman: Krypton Coaster, Batman: the Ride, Wonder Woman(stage show), Casper Hotel(haunted house), Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges, Ripsaw Falls, Wallace & Gromit: Thrill-o-Matic(kiddie coaster), Doctor Who: Tardis Experience(simulator), Top Gun(inverted coaster), Alien: Xenomorph Encounter(theater-in-the-round), Terminator 2 3-D

NEWS REPORTS FOR SPRING 1995

Florida Bowl: Marino just outduels Young in Miami
- ESPN

Lorax adaptation set for Fall 1996
- Time

Ren & Stimpy movie is in development at Nickelodeon
- Variety
VIVA LA VEGAS!!!

Man Forever
Batman Forever (dir. Tim Burton)
tim_burton_s_batman_forever_redux_by_ejtangonan_df03kzi-fullview.jpg

Distributed by Paramount Pictures on June 16, 1995 (poster by E.J. Tangonan on Art Station)

Cast: Michael Keaton, Robin Williams, Marlon Wayans, Billy Dee Williams

Batman Forever would become another major hit for Paramount. A fourth film was considered with Mr. Freeze as the villain, but was ultimately cancelled due to struggles with the script and Burton declining to return as director.

NEWS REPORTS FOR SUMMER 1995

Sega Saturn to hit American stores this September after successful Japanese launch
- Electronic Gaming Monthly

Disney to put it's spin on the legend of Hercules
- The New York Times

Batman Forever (dir. Tim Burton)
View attachment 848438
Distributed by Paramount Pictures on June 16, 1995 (poster by E.J. Tangonan on Art Station)

Cast: Michael Keaton, Robin Williams, Marlon Wayans, Billy Dee Williams

Batman Forever would become another major hit for Paramount. A fourth film was considered with Mr. Freeze as the villain, but was ultimately cancelled due to struggles with the script and Burton declining to return as director.
I always thought the names batman forever and batman and Robin should have been switched, o mean it literally has the word four in it.
NEWS REPORTS FOR SUMMER 1995

Sega Saturn to hit American stores this September after successful Japanese launch
- Electronic Gaming Monthly
So sega didn't fuck up this time?
Disney to put it's spin on the legend of Hercules
- The New York Times

Smells Like Nirvana
Nirvana - IV
IV cover redone.jpg

Distributed by DGC Records on September 25, 1995

(all songs written by Kurt Cobain unless noted, * mean the song was a single)
1. You Know You're Right*
2. Burn the Rain
3. Alone + Easy Target (Grohl)*
4. Opinion
5. Poison's Gone
6. Do Re Mi*
7. What More Can I Say?
8. This is a Call (Grohl)*
9. Exhausted (Grohl)
10. Ivy League
11. She Only Lies
12. Let's Just Forget

Cobain would begin work on a fourth Nirvana album in early 1995. Wanting to go for a more complex style, Kurt would elevate touring guitarist Pat Smear as an official member of the group during it's production. The album would reach #1 on the Billboard 200 and be met with much acclaim from critics.

To Saturn, and Beyond!
Toy_Story.jpg

Distributed by Touchstone Pictures on November 22, 1995

Considered one of the greatest and most influential animated films of all time, Toy Story would prove to the major studios the value of CGI animated movies.

NEWS REPORTS FOR FALL 1995

Mariners upset the Atlanta Braves to win their first title
- The Seattle Times

Sega Saturn sells over 1 million units in first 3 months of it's release
- Newsweek

A lot of major changes are going to be stated in the next update, so try not to miss it.

We've reach the end of 1995, this is probably the biggest of the "minor" changes updates because as we start off with an actual movie.

Atuk (dir. Alan Metter)
TheIncomparableAtuk.jpg

Distributed by United Artists in 1990

This was a movie I wanted to have released but I couldn't think of a reason to dedicate a full update on, especially since the rumors about project being cursed IOTL likely wouldn't happen because it would have been made with Sam Kinison in the role.

Jetsons_the_movie.jpg

The movie is distributed by Touchstone Pictures ITTL, since they bought Hanna-Barbera.

Doug-72210-2.png

Ends after season 4, the Disney seasons do not exist ITTL.

The_nightmare_before_christmas_poster.jpg

The movie is released under the main Disney banner ITTL.

Man_Of_The_House_1995.jpg

Trey Disney has a cameo in the movie during a scene where the characters are in an arcade.

Casper_poster.jpg

Paramount is the distributor of the film because Casper is a Famous Studios creation ITTL.

Oliver_poster.jpg
Pocahontasposter.jpg
An_American_Tail_Fievel_Goes_West_poster.jpg

These movies don't exist ITTL.

Expect the updates to be uploaded less frequently soon. It's not going on hold, I'm just going to have less time to do them.

We've reach the end of 1995, this is probably the biggest of the "minor" changes updates because as we start off with an actual movie.

Atuk (dir. Alan Metter)
View attachment 849310
Distributed by United Artists in 1990

This was a movie I wanted to have released but I couldn't think of a reason to dedicate a full update on, especially since the rumors about project being cursed IOTL likely wouldn't happen because it would have been made with Sam Kinison in the role.

View attachment 849315
The movie is distributed by Touchstone Pictures ITTL, since they bought Hanna-Barbera.

View attachment 849317
Ends after season 4, the Disney seasons do not exist ITTL.

View attachment 849323

View attachment 849318
Trey Disney has a cameo in the movie during a scene where the characters are in an arcade.

View attachment 849319
Paramount is the distributor of the film because Casper is a Famous Studios creation ITTL.

View attachment 849320View attachment 849321View attachment 849324

Expect the updates to be uploaded less frequently soon. It's not going on hold, I'm just going to have less time to do them.
Aww, no fievel goes west is nice but I like Oliver and company, why should I worry is one of my favorite movie songs.

Oliver_poster.jpg
Pocahontasposter.jpg
An_American_Tail_Fievel_Goes_West_poster.jpg

I figured that with An American Tail being made by Disney in this timeline that Fievel Goes West probably wouldn't get made. Pity, I'll miss it.

I'm going to miss Oliver & Company.

I'm pretty neutral about Pocahontas as a movie, but I am going to miss Colors of the Wind.

The_nightmare_before_christmas_poster.jpg

I know it's released under the main Disney banner, but is The Nightmare Before Christmas just distributed or is it an actual Disney animated feature like Snow White and The Lion King?

No Happy Happy, Joy Joy
REN & STIMPY STOLEN? POPULAR NICKTOON FACES LAWSUIT
- Wall Street Journal
Ni1E4L1F_2901191901511gpadd.jpg

A massive lawsuit was filed in a court house in Canada claiming the popular Nicktoon might have been stolen. The plaintiff, who has chosen to remain anonymous, claims he originally created the characters back in 1978 and that he worked Bob Camp for several shows in the late 80's. While Camp and The Jim Henson Company have denied these accusations, it is rumored that the production on the recently announced film adaption has been put on hold until further notice.

NEWS REPORTS FOR SPRING 1996

TimeWarner to buy Carolco Pictures
- The Hollywood Reporter

Las Vegas, Salt Lake City and Vancouver are the front runners in the battle for the Raiders
- The Los Angles Times

Kurt Cobain files for divorce from Courtney Love
- Rolling Stone

REN & STIMPY STOLEN? POPULAR NICKTOON FACES LAWSUIT
- Wall Street Journal
View attachment 849842

A massive lawsuit was filed in a court house in Canada claiming the popular Nicktoon might have been stolen. The plaintiff, who has chosen to remain anonymous, claims he originally created the characters back in 1978 and that he worked Bob Camp for several shows in the late 80's. While Camp and The Jim Henson Company have denied these accusations, it is rumored that the production on the recently announced film adaption has been put on hold until further notice.

NEWS REPORTS FOR SPRING 1996

TimeWarner to buy Carolco Pictures
- The Hollywood Reporter

Las Vegas, Salt Lake City and Vancouver are the front runners in the battle for the Raiders
- The Los Angles Times

Kurt Cobain files for divorce from Courtney Love
- Rolling Stone
What's Carolco pictures?

I Speak for the Trees
The Lorax (dir. Chuck Jones)
Lorax_teaser_poster.jpg

Distributed by Warner Bros. on August 9, 1996

Cast: Richard Attenborough, Christopher Plummer, Mark Hamill, Devon Sawa

The film has similarities to OTL's 2012 version but would be more refined and overall be a better version of it. It would actually garner some controversy due to Warner Bros. massive marketing campaign being seen as counterintuitive to the original meaning of the book.

NEWS REPORTS

After beating the Jazz in the finals, Shaq resigns with the Magic on a massive $120 million dollar contract
- The Orlando Sentinel

Teaser for Anastasia shown before the premiere of Notre Dame
- Animation Central

Get Him to the Greek
Hercules_(1997_film)_poster.jpg

Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures on December 24, 1996

Hercules comes out earlier than IOTL, the rest of the film is the same.

NEWS REPORTS FOR FALL 1996

Paramount sets Superman Lives for 1998
- Entertainment Weekly

Robert Zemeckis teases that a new Roger Rabbit project is in development
- Time

Record producer Suge Knight dies from injures sustained in drive-by shooting
- The Los Angeles Times

Last edited:
View attachment 851150
Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures on December 24, 1996

Hercules comes out earlier than IOTL, the rest of the film is the same.

NEWS REPORTS FOR FALL 1996

Paramount to debut trailer for Superman Lives at the Super Bowl
- Entertainment Weekly

Robert Zemeckis teases that a new Roger Rabbit project is in development
- Time

Record producer Suge Knight dies from injures sustained in drive-by shooting
- The Los Angeles Times
Glad to see Hercules still gets made. BTW, was Hunchback the same as OTL?

Nice to see Superman Lives actually gets made. Will Nicolas Cage play Superman?

A third Roger Rabbit movie? Nice! I wonder what it will be about.

At least Suge Knight won't have to deal with his hit and run and 28 year prison sentence in 2015. Don't take this the wrong way of course.

NEWS REPORTS FOR SPRING 1997

Metallica halftime show causes hour long delay in Super Bowl due to poor field conditions
- Rolling Stone

In one of the most shocking signings in wrestling history, Kurt Angle goes to the land of extreme
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Construction begins on a revamp of Tomorrowland
- The Orange County Register

Анастасия
Anastasia-don-bluth.jpg

Distributed by Walt Disney Pictures on June 13, 1997

In the kingdom of Petria, a sorcerer (Christopher Lloyd) places a hex on the Karrutha royal family. However, the youngest daughter Anastasia (Meg Ryan) is able to avoid being cursed. Ten years later, Anya is brought to Savalon by two con-artists (Christian Bale, J.K Simmons) hoping to receive a reward from the Dowager Empress Budora (Angela Lansbury). The film would be released to much acclaim from critics and make over 200 million dollars at the box office.

NEWS REPORTS FOR SUMMER 1997

Chris Farley to enter rehab after suffering near-fatal overdose on film set
- The New York Times

Owen Hart out indefinitely due to injury
- Power Slam

Orlando runs out of Magic as Houston wins the Finals
- Sports Illustrated

Last edited: