Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for global maps of the production of several things from the late 19th century to the present.

One is important crops and agricultural productions. Grains, staple vegetables, fruits, sugar, coffee, chocolate, cotton, rubber, etc.

The other is deposits of minerals and other strategic resources. Iron, gold, aluminum, copper, rare metals, petroleum, nitrate.

I would especially like to have these as known reserves as of WWII. For crops, I would like to also have regions of the world suitable for their cultivation.

Request for assistance: is someone able to help in designing a couple of maps for parts of Australia for my Lands of Red and Gold timeline? (I've always been graphically challenged when it comes to designing maps).

There are previously designed maps which are available for reference, although the mapmaker in question is no longer active.
I'm willing to give it a try. Do you wanna send me a PM with the maps you already have and what kind of thing you want?

Can someone create some Doggerland flags. Maybe some with actual dogs?
Annoying Dog.jpg

THE FLAG OF DOGGERLAND!

Not sure if this counts, but for anybody who plays Hearts of Iron 4 and gotten the new Man the Guns DLC, would you terribly mind doing me a favor by gathering all the new flags from the DLC and putting them into a single chart or gallery? I'd appreciate it.

A quick request to anyone out there who's so inclined; when it comes to graphics, I'm totally pants:

I'm currently helping redrobin65 flesh out the universe of his Canadian ISOT storyline, Miles From Our Home. Given the way the story seems to be progressing, the chances are good that the Canadian Forces in that ISOT will have to introduce a five-star (NATO rank code OF-10) flag officer rank because of the massive increase of the Army and the RCAF (less so the RCN) because of their helping fight the Nazis.

I would like it to turn out this way:

Army (Marshal of the Forces/Maréchal des Forces [MshlF/MarF])

Shoulder epaulettes: Crown, crossed sword and baton, five gold maple leaves in a pentagon formation (similar to the American GA rank insignia).
Sleeve: Single thick gold stripe.

Navy (Admiral of the Forces/Amiral des Forces [AdmF/AmF])

Shoulder epaulettes: Crown, crossed sword and baton, five silver maple leaves in a pentagon formation (similar to the American FADM rank insignia).
Sleeve: Single thick gold stripe, topped with four standard stripes, Elliot's Eye on the top stripe.

Air Force (Marshal of the Forces/Maréchal des Forces [MshlF/MarF])

Shoulder epaulettes: Crown, crossed sword and baton, five silver/pearl grey maple leaves in a pentagon formation (similar to the American GAF rank insignia).
Sleeve: Single thick pearl grey stripe trimmed in black, topped with four standard pearl grey stripes trimmed in black.

To make things easier, here's the link to the Canadian Forces site displaying their rank insignia: https://www.canada.ca/en/department...ia-flags/ranks/rank-appointment-insignia.html

Thanks again!

So, I am posting this request in here for the second time in the last few months. I need a map for my Bronze Age timeline Not My Heifer, a very, very detailed physical map with names of towns, regions/countries, and rivers of possible. I have tried commissioning the map to two users on here already and both of them weren’t able to complete it cuz they were too busy. I have gone to the Cartographers Guild, and only one person showed interest and has since not gotten back to me. I am kind of desperate at this point, and I’m willing to pay for it as well.

I know that I got a little autistic with the map instructions, and so I am willing to negotiate on the level of detail. I just would really like a map done as the timeline takes place so far back in history that place names are generally unfamiliar to readers :(

A quick request to anyone out there who's so inclined; when it comes to graphics, I'm totally pants:

I'm currently helping redrobin65 flesh out the universe of his Canadian ISOT storyline, Miles From Our Home. Given the way the story seems to be progressing, the chances are good that the Canadian Forces in that ISOT will have to introduce a five-star (NATO rank code OF-10) flag officer rank because of the massive increase of the Army and the RCAF (less so the RCN) because of their helping fight the Nazis.

I would like it to turn out this way:

Army (Marshal of the Forces/Maréchal des Forces [MshlF/MarF])

Shoulder epaulettes: Crown, crossed sword and baton, five gold maple leaves in a pentagon formation (similar to the American GA rank insignia).

something I did some time ago

canada.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering if there exists a Worlda basemap that's centered on the Western Hemisphere (and preferably with borders)?

That's not bad, but I'd think people would want the maple leaves to ALL be pointing up there. And keep the sword crossed with the baton.

My reasoning was that OTL, the canadian armed forces post unification tried to juggle a look that was halfway between the US and the UK and so the marshal would reflect this. For example, the canadians use 4 general ranks, each indicated by an increasing amount of an item, something which is based on the US (the UK has only 3 general ranks. They have a Brigadier as a field officer instead of a Brigadier General like canada and he US). At the same time, the crown over crossed baton & sword is directly taken from the british and since a "5 leaves" general is called a Marshal in this ATL and is equivalent to a british Field Marshal, it would make sense that instead of the baton & sword, they would wear the later's 2 crossed batons though in this case, without the wreath.

As far as all five leaves pointing up, a US five star general wear his stars in a cluster so that it stands apart more easily from a 4 stars general (groups of 4 and up are rarely used in insignias as they are harder to tell apart from a distance) so that, likewise, having the leaves in a pentagonal pattern would help the Marshal insignia stand out better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.