Request Maps/Flags Here

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Tom Thumb, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Hindustani Person Ambiguously Brown

so what I was thinking was a French-type tricolour with saffron on the right, a starry green background with a crescent over it, and white

2. Marc Pasquin 43 % pure, 57 % recycled sins

something like this ?

alt-india-mughal.png

3. Hindustani Person Ambiguously Brown

nice flag
    I made a few mistakes in my requests, I would prefer saffron on the left, and the crescent shouldn’t be facing up but to the right
    plus the stars are in the background of the crescent and the green should be a little lighter
    thanks

4. Lottie Member

Map Request

I wanted to to do an ASB timeline, where a number of places from different timelines are ISoTed to a flooded Earth scenario (or a virgin Earth if u can't do that)

Locations

- Carolina from Excelsior's map (see page 10 of this map thread)
    - United Provinces from the same map
    - Alaska from Mr.Orwell's map (see page 43 of this map thread)
    - OTL Crete
    - OTL Belgrade
    - OTL Wells County, North Dakota, 2010 AD
    - Baffin Island from The Man In The High Castle
    - OTL Kyrgyzstan, 1950 AD
    - Vanhoover from My Little Pony (but place it in the centre of what would be Quebec)
    - Dublin, Ireland - but without anyone under 75 years old
    - Oregon City

Thank you...

5. Marc Pasquin 43 % pure, 57 % recycled sins

At least call it "MaPetitePouliche-real"

6. Carbon2846 Трахни меня, это сглаживание!

Okay so i had a greyscaled QBAM with NO borders at all and only major rivers. i had it like two years ago and i haven't been able to find it since. anyone got the link or willing to remake it?

7. kark Member

I'm looking for a map of Greater Romania with divisions at the municipal level, something like that: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...ia_local_election_2008_administrive_units.png, but with Greater Romania. All the maps I find are at the county level..
    Also I'm looking for a map at todays commune level of the lordship of Montpellier (Seigneurie de Montpellier), or a list of its communes. All I find is incomplete.
    Thanks

8. FriendlyGhost Haunting history for 45+ yrs

This isn't greyscaled, but is it roughly what you're looking for?
    20190401 QBAM Empty with Rivers.png (click the thumbnail for the full size image)

9. Hindustani Person Ambiguously Brown

Can I use this as well?

10. greatsarofrussia Member

im looking for a map of the immigration patterns of people in ancient times to atlantis. I would want the people coming mainly from n. africa and iberia, possibly some from the americas.

im terrible at making maps an will probably need more so if i can get some permanent help with this project that would be great
    The project is a complete history of atlantis and some of the other lost continents thought to have existed by early european explorers.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 2:38 PM
  11. FriendlyGhost Haunting history for 45+ yrs

I didn't make it - it came from page 246 of this very thread - post 4913 I think, posted by @Chörnyj Orel (unless I accidentally took the older version from post 4911, in which case you would be better to use his/her updated one anyway, assuming s/he's happy for you to use it).

12. Artienia Well-Known Member

Do space Q-bam maps exist? or just space maps? i've been looking for months

13. Etruscan-enthusiast35 I make garbage for a living

Hobbiton, The Shire, Eriador, Middle-Earth
    otherusrequest.png
    I would like to apologize in advance if this sounds rude, but I'm kind of good on the requests for now.

14. Christory Well-Known Member

15. Artienia Well-Known Member

16. Christory Well-Known Member

17. Bennett Human Time-Waster

Bit of an odd request, but can I have a shield (probably French style, for simplicity's sake) divided into nine? I'm assuming this would be done in a Party per cross style, with the ninth being Enté en point. I know no heraldry so I hope my description is accurate. I'm essentially just needing the divisions, and can make the things I'm putting into these divisions on my own.
    Thanks!

18. FriendlyGhost Haunting history for 45+ yrs

There aren't actually many ways to divide a shield into nine (or eight plus one). Most divisions are in quarters (so fours) or impaled/dimitiated (pairs).
    Here are three suggestions:
    1. A quartered shield, with the first quarter itself quartered and the last quarter bearing impaled arms, plus either an inescutcheon in the centre or an enté-en-point below (thus 4 in the first quarter, 1 in the second, 1 in the third, 2 in the fourth and 1 additional, giving 9 in total);
    2. A gyronny of eight, plus either an inescutcheon or an enté-en-point; normally the gyronny is of two alternating colours (one 'metal' and one 'colour' in heraldic terms - the most famous is the arms of the head of Clan Campbell, gyronny of eight or (gold) and sable (black)) but it's not unknown to have more than two;
    3. An équipollé, which is a 3x3 chequered pattern; normally, like gyronny, this is only of two colours.

I've attached (1) with an enté-en-point and (2) with an inescutcheon, so that you can see how each of these would look. There's a limit of three images per day, so I can't post both versions of both but if you would prefer the other, I can post that tomorrow.

Which version you choose depends on what sort of background (i.e. history) you have made up for the arms. (1) is the most likely for a family which has inherited arms from various armigerous ancestors. (2) and (3) would imply a more modern set of arms, I think.

Here are the three - outlines only so you can fill in whatever colours you want.
    FR_modern_1quarters_2single_3single_4impaled_EnteEnPoint__outlines.png FR_modern_Gyronny_Escutcheon__outlines.png FR_modern_Equipolle__outlines.png (click the thumbnails for the full-size versions - they're 855x997px)

@The Professor - any opinions on this?

mikroraptor and Miner like this.
  19. SinaloaSiesta Active Member

A colonial flag for Cuba if Spain maintained it's semiautonomy or if Britain hung on to Havana.

20. Bennett Human Time-Waster

@FriendlyGhost Thank you so much! Number three is probably the best for what I'm doing, thank you so much, again!

FriendlyGhost likes this.