Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Tom Thumb, Jan 21, 2012.
The English Defence League ?
A pro-British Federal Elective Monarchy created by Kalakua of Hawaii
Or any other shitty anti-EU group for that matter
protecting a design requires applying for a trademark which costs money and takes time. Considering I've made, literally, thousands of designs over the past 20 years, I don't think that would be feasible unfortunately.
@Hindustani Person could you do this if you're not busy?
What part of North America goes fascist? USA, Canada, etc?
Can someone make a Worlda showing a new "North Kazakhstan" containing each area listed as neither 0.0-9.9% or 10.0-19.9%?
I wish I was actually good at making flags but I will try any way
@KolyenuKS just a preview of things to come, will digitise it and retouch it on Inkscape OR Gimp. This is my basic design-
I understand if this is a lot of work, and totally understand if people choose not to do this, but it would be for a possible non-Fandom TL down the line. The year is 1979, a worlda map is preferred, and it's 18 years since the collapse of the Nazi empire.
- Germany is divided into 10 states (Rhineland, Silesia, Saxony, Hanover, Hamburg, Bavaria, Baden-Wurttemburg, Austria, Bremen, Alemannia), of which two [Bremen and Alemannia] are still under the control of the United Nations
- Poland controls all territory in both pre- and OTL post-war Poland, with the exception of Silesia
- Belgium is broken up into Wallonia, Flanders, and Brussels
- Ukraine is independent, has the borders of the Ukrainian SSR, excluding Crimea (which is independent)
- Belarus is independent, has the borders of the Belarusian SSR
- The Baltics are independent in 1939 borders
- The USSR is still around, but limited to Russia, the Central Asian republics, and Azerbaijan
- Czechia is independent, includes the Sudetenland, and excludes Czech Silesia
- The Yugoslav states have their 1991 borders, all are independent (includes Kosovo and North Macedonia)
- Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Greece have their pre-war borders
- Israel controls all of Mandate Palestine, Sinai, and Golan Heights
- Syria is divided into Alawistan, Kurdistan (Iraqi and Syrian Kurdistan), and Syria
- Suez Canal is under UN control
- Egypt and Sudan have united
- A Franco-Algerian state is independent in western Algeria (departments of Alger, Orleansville, Mostaganem, Oran, Tlemcen, Saïda, Tiaret, and the Saoura department)
- The DR Congo and Congo are unified
- Katanga is independent
- South Sudan and Uganda have united
- The Mali Federation (Senegal, Mali) includes Guinea, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, and Niger
- Namibia is independent of South Africa
- Spanish and Portuguese colonies are still around
- Tangiers is UN-run
United Nations Controlled
- Suez Canal
- Panama Canal
EDIT: corrected Silesia/Polish border request
These two lines contradict one another.
Thanks for the catch! I'll edit the post
Seems like a pretty decent design but what colour are you thinking of using for the falcon ? it will need good contrast against both orange and blue so I would avoid brown for the plumage and branch and using green leaves would simply bleed into the blue. If you had leaves on only one side you could dark green on pale orange. Falcon could be black of course though another option is to extend the branch into a wreath that surrounds him (basically him resting on the bottom part) so that it could still be brown with the field inside the wreath being a different, more contrasting colour.
Obviously yellow and red are always an easy way to cue the viewer that you're looking at a communist flag but I think my issue with your version is that it adds an extra colour when other colours already present could fulfil the same function.
Is anybody willing to make a qbam scale map of the Arab Kingdom of Syria?
I'll try my best! Any color scheme preference (THICC, DCS, NCS)?
I have a preference for SUCK.
God, using SUCK takes me way back (I used to use SUCK a lot). I based it off of this map (which seemed the most accurate), but the borders in Turkey got a little finicky:
Here's a Syria map that definitely suck.
Israel, Turkey, and Lebanon have left the chat
Separate names with a comma.