Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the wait.

All credit to The 14th Doctor/AUGGP, who bequeathed these maps to me. Just a heads up: for some reason, lakes in the middle of deserts suddenly get bigger. I've had to fill in a lot of those in the course of using these maps.

View attachment 469830

Alas, for some reason, the version with the political borders is apparently too big to post here. If you want that one, you'll have to dig for it. Actually, no, let me find the post...here it is: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/request-maps-flags-here.228562/page-378#post-17752099
Post number 7549

The reason why lakes in deserts get bigger is because of how we make these maps, which is by taking the areas at a certain elevation and make it all under water

Venocara

Banned
I don't have much time right now, sorry. For a simple colour inversion, you could just use MS Paint - use a combination of the colour bar at the right-hand side, the fill tool and the colour picker.

I tried but I couldn't do it... It's too complicated for me.

Venocara

Banned
as friendlyghost said, you can do it using only 2 tools. Is there something specific that's giving you trouble ?

Yeah the problem is that I don't really know which tools to use or how to use them. It's further complicated by the fact that I have access to two different versions of Paint...

Yeah the problem is that I don't really know which tools to use or how to use them. It's further complicated by the fact that I have access to two different versions of Paint...

The icon that looks like an eye dropper is you colour picker. If you click on it and then click somewhere else on the screen, it will make this colour your active colour. You can also pick any other colour by clicking on the colour swatches.

The icon that looks like a paint bucket being tipped over is the "fill" tool. If you click anywhere on the screen with it, it will turn all adjacent pixels of the same colour into the active colour that you chose before.

If you want to invert the colours of an image where 2 field touches (like a red cross on white), pick a completely different colour first (say, blue) and use you fill tool to turn the cross blue, then pick the colour red and turn the four quarter red and finally pick the colour white and turn the blue cross white with your fill tool.

tools may look *slightly* different in your version but should be be recognisable.

tools.png

Venocara

Banned
The icon that looks like an eye dropper is you colour picker. If you click on it and then click somewhere else on the screen, it will make this colour your active colour. You can also pick any other colour by clicking on the colour swatches.

The icon that looks like a paint bucket being tipped over is the "fill" tool. If you click anywhere on the screen with it, it will turn all adjacent pixels of the same colour into the active colour that you chose before.

If you want to invert the colours of an image where 2 field touches (like a red cross on white), pick a completely different colour first (say, blue) and use you fill tool to turn the cross blue, then pick the colour red and turn the four quarter red and finally pick the colour white and turn the blue cross white with your fill tool.

tools may look *slightly* different in your version but should be be recognisable.

View attachment 469968
Ok. Thank you for the advice. I'll try it for myself.

I was wondering if someone could remake this banner for me, it's from the game Fable 2 for Xbox 360, if anyone wants to find a clearer picture... Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 189

Deleted member 107125

Could anybody do a Canada-style flag for The French Dominion of Louisiania under Bourbon rule?
By which I mean a non-overly French flag
Also request the French tricolour with the Bourbon CoA in the middle
Thank you!

Deleted member 107125

Could anybody do a Canada-style flag for The French Dominion of Louisiania under Bourbon rule?
By which I mean a non-overly French flag
Also request the French tricolour with the Bourbon CoA in the middle
Thank you!
Louisiania and Canada as well please?

Not 100% what you asked for (and it's too late for the others), but here's this:
upload_2019-7-4_3-54-36.png

More of a French tricolor than anything, it shows the equality of Africans, Whites, and Indians within Louisiana.​

Venocara

Banned
Someone please put the three flags inside the white/black canton of the fourth flag (without distorting the flags or leaving any white space) Thank you.

EB735E76-577C-4695-A916-BF5AF4B2C8AA.png 93D5D88A-1D6E-4E59-BFBA-EC1FD730376F.png DC89671A-F50A-44A0-AD62-3CD9AADDDD85.png 75AE431D-4B30-4A19-B1C8-23A418E05200.png

Someone please put the three flags inside the white/black canton of the fourth flag (without distorting the flags or leaving any white space) Thank you.

If you want to give it a go yourself:

- open the image you want to be in canton with paint
- chose the colour picker tool and pick the colour you want for the field by *right* clicking on it (this will make this colour your default background colour)
- move your cursor to the lower right corner (you should see a small white square in the corner). your cursor should change into a double arrow when you've reached it.
- left-click and hold down the button and move the cursor right and down away from the corner until the field is the size you want. let go of the mouse button.
- for the black border around the canton, make sure "color 1" is black (simply left click on the black colour swatch). under shape selection, pick rectangle. Your cursor should now look like a cross. move your cursor to the upper left corner. If the cursor turns back into an arrow, it means your outside the image so just move it back a little. Once your just at the corner, left-click and hold down the button and drag the rectangle to the diagonally opposite end of the canton then let go of the mouse button.
- enjoy the image you've just created.

Venocara

Banned
If you want to give it a go yourself:

- open the image you want to be in canton with paint
- chose the colour picker tool and pick the colour you want for the field by *right* clicking on it (this will make this colour your default background colour)
- move your cursor to the lower right corner (you should see a small white square in the corner). your cursor should change into a double arrow when you've reached it.
- left-click and hold down the button and move the cursor right and down away from the corner until the field is the size you want. let go of the mouse button.
- for the black border around the canton, make sure "color 1" is black (simply left click on the black colour swatch). under shape selection, pick rectangle. Your cursor should now look like a cross. move your cursor to the upper left corner. If the cursor turns back into an arrow, it means your outside the image so just move it back a little. Once your just at the corner, left-click and hold down the button and drag the rectangle to the diagonally opposite end of the canton then let go of the mouse button.
- enjoy the image you've just created.

I'm sorry but if I wanted to or could do it myself I wouldn't be asking for help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.