Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do y'all REALLY want me to have to come in and settle things down?

Really?

Play the Ball.

Willing to but what exactly are the rules of the ball game here ? Either the rule of this thread becomes "ask for a specific design / if someone feels like it they'll post the image without comments" or else we continue to have debates about designs.

I get you're seeking consensus but this isn't a "no-fault" situation and unless you can give some parameters it's probably going to happen again even if by accident.

Willing to but what exactly are the rules of the ball game here ? Either the rule of this thread becomes "ask for a specific design / if someone feels like it they'll post the image without comments" or else we continue to have debates about designs.

I get you're seeking consensus but this isn't a "no-fault" situation and unless you can give some parameters it's probably going to happen again even if by accident.
Tbh you've not really done anything. It was more the debate between me and @Unionist that was in danger of missing the ball.

Deleted member 107125

unless the UK was taken over by East Germany, wouldn't you rather use the actual Communist Party of Britain's emblem or have an original one ? either you or the designer simply need to pick 2-3 items representing proletarian friendly classes like peasants, fishermen, miners, factory workers, soldiers or even intellectuals and combine them.

Here's the CPB emblem if you're interested, it combines a hammer with a sickle-like dove as it was active in the disarmament movement.

logo_of_the_communist_party_of_britain_9696.png
Hmmm....I was looking for something unique,but whatever,you can use that too.

Hmmm....I was looking for something unique,but whatever,you can use that too.

As I said, most communist national emblem are basically combination of symbol to represent various "acceptable" groups within the country so within the context of your timeline, how do you see communist britain ? if for example it kept an important navy and sea-oriented economy, you could include a harpoon and if the miner union formed a large segment of the local red militia, the harpoon could be crossed with a pickaxe.

Another possibility is to re-appropriate historical symbols from the Chartrists and present them as proto-communists.

There is, of course the possibility of doing like some kingdoms-turned-communist-republic and use a modified form of the royal arms. In this case, keeping only the shield (probably within a wreath) and defacing it in the center with a small escutcheon containing a single red star.

Deleted member 107125

What was the background behind the UK going communist? Might help thinking up ideas for you.
So France wins the Franco-Prussian war,humiliating both Britain and Prussia.While Prussia stays a small,backwardskingdom,Britain experiences both a (failed) Chartist Revolution and a more successful communist one.While the British Monarch flees to Canada,Albert Inkpin's communist state reigns supreme in the mainland.But then,a Trotsky-like rebel,Eric Arthur Blair,or George Orwell,as he would be called in exile,tries to take over the nation.This starts a huge debate with another leader,Oswald Mosley (Stalin),while Inkpin looks on helplessly.Then he dies (early for this TL),and Mosley takes over.Eric is forced to run away to Burma as 'George Orwell',and then Spain,where he wrote the books,'Burmese Days',and 'Memories of Catalonia',before his assassination in his house in Barcelona,allegedly held by a spy of Mosley.

To be honest, I thought you were a troll for a little there to be honest. I feel as that may have been a factor in why it was pushed so hard.
I have no reason to troll. I just came here to see if anyone could genuinely help with some map and flag requests I had, and I’ve had mostly positive results here. I didn’t want or ask for comments or arguments.

A
So France wins the Franco-Prussian war,humiliating both Britain and Prussia.While Prussia stays a small,backwardskingdom,Britain experiences both a (failed) Chartist Revolution and a more successful communist one.While the British Monarch flees to Canada,Albert Inkpin's communist state reigns supreme in the mainland.But then,a Trotsky-like rebel,Eric Arthur Blair,or George Orwell,as he would be called in exile,tries to take over the nation.This starts a huge debate with another leader,Oswald Mosley (Stalin),while Inkpin looks on helplessly.Then he dies (early for this TL),and Mosley takes over.Eric is forced to run away to Burma as 'George Orwell',and then Spain,where he wrote the books,'Burmese Days',and 'Memories of Catalonia',before his assassination in his house in Barcelona,allegedly held by a spy of Mosley.
Ah, so essentially the communism grows out of failed chartism.
Perhaps something based on the republican tricolour with an added symbol might work. I'll have a sleep on it.

you just called me an hypocrite. Bit on the offensive side there, mate.

Offense belongs to those who are eager to take it. For my part, I already said what I had to say about my comments and would prefer to leave it at that. I have requests I’d like to work on; I don’t need a discussion every time I post.

Offense belongs to those who are eager to take it. For my part, I already said what I had to say about my comments and would prefer to leave it at that. I have requests I’d like to work on; I don’t need a discussion every time I post.
Buddy, that mindset won't keep you here long.

***FLAG REQUEST***

Clean, even, 11x9, 99-star US flag.

Flag for the Antilles (i.e. islands of the Lesser Antilles as a single US state).

More ideas for a flag for Samoa (i.e. Independent State of Samoa and territory of American Samoa as a single US state).

More ideas for flags for Athabasca and Kenora, as US states.

Buddy, that mindset won't keep you here long.

The thread is called “Request Maps/Flags Here.” That’s what I’ve been doing and all I want to do here. Plain and simple. No need for argumentative or sensitive commentary, thank you very much. That said, I’m done with this back and forth and will be resuming my requests and working on that, not needless drivel.

Can someone do a flag for a communist Jerusalem city-state that represents the Christian, Muslim, and Jewish populations somehow?

***MAP REQUEST***

Political world map with “all North America” US. Preferably America/Pacific centered. Only nations. No state outlines.

EDIT

Along these lines, but with Pacific islands states (Hawaii, Marianas, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Palau, and Samoa) visibly included. Again, focus should be on national borders, not state borders.
BE7702CC-A0BA-4C32-86F6-4AF1BF9B8636.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 107125

A

Ah, so essentially the communism grows out of failed chartism.
Perhaps something based on the republican tricolour with an added symbol might work. I'll have a sleep on it.

Not exactly.The Communism is much more like traditional Communism and Marxism-Leninism-Stalinism than Chartism.Just that there was a Chartist revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.