Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Beach

Banned
View attachment 330361

There is no real way to darken a flag that hearkens back to the soviet union, and I felt that a neo-Soviet group wouldn't alter the original flag too much. Simply shifted the H&S and added a black shadow to the star. Feel as if this could be much better on my end.

How about this, replacing the hammer and sickle with a rocket and eclipse?
View attachment 330409

Oh no. Two rather excellent flags to choose from :coldsweat:. I rather like FriendlyGhost's. It's a bit pulpy, and I could imagine it slung across the hull of a spaceship. But the first one is probably more realistic, and I appreciate how enthusiastic you were about it. Uuuuh. May need to flip a coin.

Oh no. Two rather excellent flags to choose from :coldsweat:. I rather like FriendlyGhost's. It's a bit pulpy, and I could imagine it slung across the hull of a spaceship. But the first one is probably more realistic, and I appreciate how enthusiastic you were about it. Uuuuh. May need to flip a coin.
Chose whatever you want, mate

I may have taken your word 'aesthetic' a bit too far ;). I've no idea what your TL is like, but perhaps mine could be a sort of unofficial flag used prior to a formal flag (which Ivoshafen's looks better for) being fixed?
Chose whatever you want, mate
I agree.

Isaac Beach

Banned
I may have taken your word 'aesthetic' a bit too far ;). I've no idea what your TL is like, but perhaps mine could be a sort of unofficial flag used prior to a formal flag (which Ivoshafen's looks better for) being fixed?

I agree.

It's for a somewhat long science fiction story that'll detail a retired bounty hunter getting back on the horse and part of it has him flying (In his X-29 Grumman-inspired spaceplane) through the space controlled by this communistic neo-soviet confederation and getting into what I hope will be a humorous tit-for-tat with them. It's in the planning and writings stages right now, and is a part of my wider 'The Krall' world building project, which is also in the planning stages.

A couple of sci-fi/galactic/space basemaps
RVBOmally made one:

http://rvbomally.deviantart.com/art/Galaxy-Base-Map-507797231
http://rvbomally.deviantart.com/art/Galaxy40K-641023373

If that's unsatisfactory, you can make something very similar by getting a galaxy picture and overlaying it over some pictures of nebulae and starfields and open clusters. I don't know of any other full-galaxy basemaps, and RVBOmally hasn't released their basemaps for smaller-area maps, though they're made of pictures of galactic arms AFAIK.

A couple of sci-fi/galactic/space basemaps
Have a look in the 'Alternate Planets Suns Stars and Solar Systems' Thread.
For example, post 160 (https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...ar-systems-thread.307097/page-8#post-12164185) has a link to the fullsize version of this nice solar system map:
Good solar system map - blank - halfsize.png

I'm looking for a map with Russia's pop and inf ISOT'ed away and all country's in Europe Increased in size and moved a little to take up that land up to the Ural mountains allowing countries to increase in size like this

Thanks
DK1994

I'm stumped on a flag for a country known as the "Circle of Steel".

Located on the desert world of Cedkh, it's an HRE-like entity from a science-fantasy setting of mine called Years of Sand and Blood. The Circle of Steel is an industrial conglomerate of states surrounding an iron desert the size of Alaska, where an entire nation of slaves work to keep the Circle's forges fed with raw materials. The Circle is basically composed of five large nations - the Empire of Ke Manun, the Kingdom of Hrot, the Domain of the Sorcerers, the Anthracite League, and the Confederation of the Many Prosperities. Ke Manun is the dominant state, as it was responsible for unifying the traditionally-disunited states surrounding the Ironsands. All the other members of the Circle are unimportant vassals who swear oaths of tribute to the Circle's Dead-King, Lord Tsurandukaatha (a 50-million-year-old human skeleton, fossilized with manganese), or are vassal-states of the five great nations, who in turn also pay tribute to Tsurandukaatha. The Circle is in many ways the most futuristic of the great empires of Cedkh - churning out such impressive innovations as the railroad and electric telegraph, along with producing some of the finest engineers, mages and alchemists in Cedkh's northern hemisphere. It almost makes up for the widespread slavery, brutality and ruthless imperialism.

Anywho, my vague idea for the flag is that it would prominently feature two chief symbols. A grey ring, to symbolize the nation itself. And an owl, also grey and, preferably, resembling the Owl of Athena as seen on ancient Greek coins. Black and green should be prominent colors as well, but other than that, I leave the design to your discretion.

Thanks in advance.

I'm stumped on a flag for a country known as the "Circle of Steel".
Anywho, my vague idea for the flag is that it would prominently feature two chief symbols. A grey ring, to symbolize the nation itself. And an owl, also grey and, preferably, resembling the Owl of Athena as seen on ancient Greek coins. Black and green should be prominent colors as well, but other than that, I leave the design to your discretion.
How about this? (I'm not sure if the inner circle is better as dark grey or black, so two versions.)
The idea is that there are five parts to the flag (top, right, bottom, left, centre) symbolising the five kingdoms - in addition to your grey circle and owl requirements of course.
CircleOfSteel_AS_v1.png CircleOfSteel_AS_v1a.png

How about this? (I'm not sure if the inner circle is better as dark grey or black, so two versions.)
The idea is that there are five parts to the flag (top, right, bottom, left, centre) symbolising the five kingdoms - in addition to your grey circle and owl requirements of course.

I love it. Thanks, man!

Isaac Beach

Banned
Heyo. I have a very specific request this time, which is different for me because I usually let the flag maker have a level of freedom.
Uh, I was looking for a flag with two horizontal stripes, the top white and the bottom brown, with a stylised green palm tree on the flag's left side. It's for a map of a revived Kanem Empire. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

wikipipes

Banned
d2schemingpostwwi-png.282714

I like it's style among other things, could someone post a map of the world in 1755, like this one here.

Also, it'd be great if someone could post maps from

I like it's style among other things, could someone post a map of the world in 1755, like this one here.
Also, it'd be great if someone could post maps from 1755, 1783, 1800
Have a look on the wiki: https://www.alternatehistory.com/wiki/doku.php?id=resources:modern_maps
(from the wiki home page, follow Resources → maps → otl_map_database → revised_worlda_maps → modern_maps)
Not sure if the exact years you need are there, but there might be something close enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.