If someone could make this logo on an UN style flag, you would be awesome. (Bonus points if you can figure out where this one is from).
View attachment 832589
How's this?
Flag-Alt_UN-for_MasterSanders-FGv1.png (click the thumbnail for the full-size image)

Can someone make a communist flag of hands meeting in like, a handshake, a gear (for the Industrial workers - taking the place of the Hammer), and have some golden stars in the shape of the Big Dipper constellation arranged in a manner above or near to the gear in the flag in a way that would be presentable?

Can someone make a communist flag of hands meeting in like, a handshake, a gear (for the Industrial workers - taking the place of the Hammer), and have some golden stars in the shape of the Big Dipper constellation arranged in a manner above or near to the gear in the flag in a way that would be presentable?
How's this?
Flag-Hands_Cog_Plough-for_CarnelianClout-FG.png (click the thumbnail for the full-size image)
Image created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape and paint.net.
This image is licensed under the CC BY-SA 4.0 licence (see details below). In accordance with the attribution terms of that licence and the licences noted below, you are free to use it, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here, where a message would also be nice, so I can see where my images are used.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from publicly available images, as follows:
(1) Handshake adapted from Handshake, in the Public Domain under the CC0 1.0 UPDD; recoloured, hands repositioned and fingers reshaped.
(2) Cogwheel from Cogwheel and Plough by RootOfAllLight, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 4.0 licence; recoloured.
Stars, colouring and positioning all by me.

Licence details:
Creative Commons
CC BY-SA 4.0: Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
CC0 1.0 UPDD: CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication
Details of applicability/compatibility of each licence

Having stumbled onto the RUSSIAN AMERIKA setting and become weirdly fascinated by the notion of a setting where the 1980s look very like the 1940s (at least technologically speaking), I was also came across this map of the setting - or at least of the local North America.

russian%2Bamerika%2Bnorth%2Bamerica.jpg

I'm not going to lie, at least half my curiosity about this setting may be due to British Washington* but this map also catches my interest - in a "Good place to set a war-game, excellent map with which to enrage some of the more demanding customers" sort of way.

May I please ask if any expert would care to weigh in with suggestions on how to make the borders on this map a bit more physically-plausible?

I wonder what the shade of President Washington would think of this being no longer an oxymoron? President Jefferson would doubtless be screaming fit to burst a blood vessel ...

How's this?
View attachment 834820 (click the thumbnail for the full-size image)
Image created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape and paint.net.
This image is licensed under the CC BY-SA 4.0 licence (see details below). In accordance with the attribution terms of that licence and the licences noted below, you are free to use it, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here, where a message would also be nice, so I can see where my images are used.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from publicly available images, as follows:
(1) Handshake adapted from Handshake, in the Public Domain under the CC0 1.0 UPDD; recoloured, hands repositioned and fingers reshaped.
(2) Cogwheel from Cogwheel and Plough by RootOfAllLight, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 4.0 licence; recoloured.
Stars, colouring and positioning all by me.

Licence details:
Creative Commons
CC BY-SA 4.0: Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
CC0 1.0 UPDD: CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication
Details of applicability/compatibility of each licence
Thank you! If this flag is posted anywhere I will be sure to credit you. It's the flag of a Communist America I am working on with someone.

So this is a bit of weird one but I don't know where else to ask it.

I found this reddit post from a deleted account in the r/mapping subreddit that has some real good blank base maps for different time periods, it says they're 6383 x 4729 pixels. The problem is, i can't seem to figure out a way to get them in their full resolution. If i try to copy/download them i get them in a blurry smaller version. Reddit is also just very unwieldy when opened on a pc. Anyone know how to remedy this? I specifically want the 1815 map and the 1914 one.
Thanks in advance!

The post:

So this is a bit of weird one but I don't know where else to ask it.

I found this reddit post from a deleted account in the r/mapping subreddit that has some real good blank base maps for different time periods, it says they're 6383 x 4729 pixels. The problem is, i can't seem to figure out a way to get them in their full resolution. If i try to copy/download them i get them in a blurry smaller version. Reddit is also just very unwieldy when opened on a pc. Anyone know how to remedy this? I specifically want the 1815 map and the 1914 one.
Thanks in advance!

The post:
You could try using this site: https://redds.tube
Just enter the URL of the reddit post and it creates download links for various resolutions, up to the max.

Okay, this is gonna be a weird one, so allow me to add some context.

I need a flag to represent a Democratic People’s Republic of Argentina whose ideology ‘Autoconfianza’ is this timeline’s version of Juche. Super Totalitarian, rampant nepotism, the like. Basically Latin American North Korea.

Would it be possible for someone to clean up this flag, make it higher res, remove pixelation and center it better?

unknown.png
Please forgive me for butting in, but I feel this design - while unquestionably distinctive and blessed with serious POP - may be just a trifle busy.

May I respectfully suggest removing either the horizontal crossbars or those diagonal ‘quadrants’? (Either of these make for a strong central motif, but having both together is perhaps a little bit too much of a good thing).

One again, please pardon my intrusion.

Please forgive me for butting in, but I feel this design - while unquestionably distinctive and blessed with serious POP - may be just a trifle busy.

May I respectfully suggest removing either the horizontal crossbars or those diagonal ‘quadrants’? (Either of these make for a strong central motif, but having both together is perhaps a little bit too much of a good thing).

One again, please pardon my intrusion.
You (or anyone) can edit this design however you'd like, I am fine with that. I made this flag several years ago and found it only recently, so editing is more than welcome.

@CarnelianClout, thank you most kindly for your patience with my remarks: I'm afraid that my own editing skills are ... not great ... so I was merely offering a suggestion based on my initial impression of the flag design.:)