Could I get a flag that has a stylized interpretation of the Great Seal with a five-pointed star on the stripes of the Hawaiian flag? Or an icon that's a stylized version of the Great Seal eagle?

Last edited:
Hm. I need a flag for the Tokugawa shogunate, Imperial Japan, and a republican Japanese faction.

Also, what would a map of North America look like with a Mexico that doesn't lose California, a large and independent Quebec, a United States that loses the south but takes over the remains of Canada, and an independent Texas?

hi, im trying to find sources on the medieval dioceses of the catholic church (names/geography) and am coming up blanks. does anyone have any maps? the information exists somewhere right? it must do. i know ive been able to find information on the historic evolution of them in the british isles and france before which is why i thought about doing an ecclesiastical map in the first place.

hi, im trying to find sources on the medieval dioceses of the catholic church (names/geography) and am coming up blanks. does anyone have any maps? the information exists somewhere right? it must do. i know ive been able to find information on the historic evolution of them in the british isles and france before which is why i thought about doing an ecclesiastical map in the first place.
Hmm, I swear this was asked before so there might be an answer if you search this thread.
However failing that I would suggest contacting the Westminster Office of the Church of England or the equivalent for the Roman Catholic Church in the UK. They should be able to direct you to the right resources.

Instead of looking for a single source, you might have to go country to country. For example, you can probably find french legal texts or "order of precedence" list for them.

Also, "medieval" covers about 10 centuries and I would assume there were a fair few changes over the years so you might want to pick a more specific date. At the very least, a century .

1400 or so would be ideal, but i like 1300 (or was it 1200?) political borders because they look cleaner and less like spaghetti. i have sources for the changes in england/wales, ireland, scotland and france. maybe if i go by archbishopric/ bishopric instead of by country ill find what im looking for. because by country its just the modern ones, or 1800 if you are lucky. cant really remember how i found the ones i have in the first place. was thinking of doing the catholic world pre ““age of discovery””. as part of like a dejure thing of them all being part of the same universal empire, as part of a wider project im working on of maping out pre-modern spheres of nominal para-sovereignty. i have a much simpler map in the works that just maps international communities and the main gravities within them. when i get in ill try some more things. thanks for the suggestions!

edit: on the 1300/1200 comment, i like the idea of people pretending those older feudatories are like platonic ideals or something of the later ones. personally i abhor monarchism but im not immune to paradox brained romanticism for aesthetics and such.

Last edited:
Can anyone design a coat of arms for the Majapahit colony of Madagascar? I need it. My design is Indonesian Garuda with something that could symbolize Madagascar, but I can't really use Paint. Thanks!

Can anyone design a coat of arms for the Majapahit colony of Madagascar? I need it. My design is Indonesian Garuda with something that could symbolize Madagascar, but I can't really use Paint. Thanks!

Did the majapahit really use european style heraldry ? I know some entities outside of the western world adopted heraldic emblem due to european influences, I just don't know if in your ATL this would also apply. If not, you might need to look at pre-colonial emblems / flags.