Someone can do a CoA version of this flag for my timeline God Ænd Minh Riht, this is the flag of the Duke of Syria.

Crest: ducal crown.

Field: The flag of the Duchy of Syria.View attachment 626718
If the arms were adopted during the middle age, renaissance or later, it's highly unlikely they would have used red stars on a blue field as it breaks heraldic rules. If you want them to have a different colour than the crosses, can I recommend making them white ?

Last edited:
Someone can do a CoA version of this flag for my timeline God Ænd Minh Riht, this is the flag of the Duke of Syria.
Crest: ducal crown. // Field: The flag of the Duchy of Syria.
View attachment 626718 // Inescutcheon: This one.
View attachment 626716
As @Marc Pasquin notes above, red on blue breaks the rule of tincture - basically red-on-blue isn't as easy to make out at a distance as white-on-blue or red-on-gold (for example) would be. I've therefore done three versions of the arms for you, all of which deal with this in a slightly different way. For the field, I've taken the symbols as used on the flag, but used only three crosses and one star, as it's unlikely that eight crosses and six stars would have been used together; you can envisage the flag created from the arms instead, adding some more symbols to fill up the flag.
(Click the thumbnails for the full-size versions, all 383x546px)
Version 1 - with a gold border round the red star:
CoA_Duke-Syria_for-Guatemalan-Nat-Synd_FGv1.png
Blazon: Azure a mullet of six points gules fimbriated or above three crosslets of the third, escutcheon en surtout of the first charged with nine lions rampant of the third armed and langued of the second.
2 - with a white star instead of red:
CoA_Duke-Syria_for-Guatemalan-Nat-Synd_FGv2.png
Blazon: Azure a mullet of six points argent above three crosslets or, escutcheon en surtout of the first charged with nine lions rampant of the third armed and langued gules.
3 - with the red star on a gold chief:
CoA_Duke-Syria_for-Guatemalan-Nat-Synd_FGv3.png
Blazon: Azure three crosslets or, a chief of the second charged with a mullet of six points gules, escutcheon en surtout of the first charged with nine lions rampant of the second armed and langued of the third.

Edit: the blazons are all done in British heraldic language because I don't know French.

Image(s) created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape and paint.net.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this image, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from publicly available images, as follows:
(1) French ducal coronet from French heraldic crowns - duc v2 by Eusebius (Guillaume Piolle), free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0 licence.
(2) Inescutcheon from Arms of Geoffrey of Anjou by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0 licence.
Field and charges created by me based on elements from the requestor's flag.

Licence:
Creative Commons
Details of applicability/compatibility of each licence
CC BY-SA 3.0: Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported

Last edited:
I would be incredibly grateful if somebody could make a coat of arms for Hy-Brasil for an SCP I wrote recently. I imagined it as being a black rose against a red background (the black rose being a native plant)

@FriendlyGhost As an alternative can I suggest 6 crosses and 6 gold bordered stars arranged in orle, with the blue tinctures the same (the inescutcheon may need a slight outline itself). Or 9 crosses & 3 stars.
Here's a version with crosses and stars in orle. I tried six-six and nine-three but in the first the alternating pattern didn't look good, due to the different colours (gold-red) and in the second I couldn't find a pattern which really worked. So this version has eight of each (traditionally, charges 'in orle' used eight, so I doubled that here - four plus four didn't work for the same reason as six-six didn't). I also made the blue of the escutcheon en surtout the same shade, as suggested, with a gold border (unblazoned) to delineate it.
I think it does work better than the previous versions (thanks @The Professor).
CoA_Duke-Syria_for-Guatemalan-Nat-Synd_FGv4.png
Blazon: Azure an orle of crosslets or and mullets of six points gules fimbriated or alternately, escutcheon en surtout of the first charged with nine lions rampant of the second armed and langued of the third.
Attribution: see post 2494 above.

Here's a version with crosses and stars in orle. I tried six-six and nine-three but in the first the alternating pattern didn't look good, due to the different colours (gold-red) and in the second I couldn't find a pattern which really worked. So this version has eight of each (traditionally, charges 'in orle' used eight, so I doubled that here - four plus four didn't work for the same reason as six-six didn't). I also made the blue of the escutcheon en surtout the same shade, as suggested, with a gold border (unblazoned) to delineate it.
I think it does work better than the previous versions (thanks @The Professor).
View attachment 627751
Blazon: Azure an orle of crosslets or and mullets of six points gules fimbriated or alternately, escutcheon en surtout of the first charged with nine lions rampant of the second armed and langued of the third.
Attribution: see post 2494 above.
This works really well and I can see a banner version leading to the later Syrian flag

I would be incredibly grateful if somebody could make a coat of arms for Hy-Brasil for an SCP I wrote recently. I imagined it as being a black rose against a red background (the black rose being a native plant)
Do you want just a heraldic rose coloured black, or is a black rose a particular plant I've never heard of which looks different?

1614244886175.png

can someone make me that flag the man is holding in the normal Turkish red?
Thanks in advance
1614245071539.png

to be precise this flag​

Last edited:
Not used this thread before so hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes/breaking any rules.

I wonder if any kind soul could provide me with a map of North America/East Asia with the following borders:

The United States:

excluding the following: Alaska, Hawaii, Washington State, Oregon, Wisconsin, Michigan, Maine, Long Island

but including the following: Kamchatka/Chukotka, the whole of Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras (but not the old Miskito or Belize), Puerto Rico, Cuba, the island of Hispaniola and the Phillipines

Canada:

Including the following: Alaska, Hawaii, Washington State, Oregon, Wisconsin, Michigan, Maine, Long Island, Greenland, Jamaica, the Bahamas, Belize, Miskito, Trinidad and Tobago.

Understand that might be difficult/impossible to fit onto one map. Guess it's something of a simultaneous Americawank, Canadawank and Mexicoscrew/Spainscrew/Sovietscrew. Which sounds so wrong on so many levels but there you go.

Thank ye kindly!
done on a worlda
unknown.png

didnt know if you meant the entirety of Nicaragua or just the area known as the mosquito coast so i did the entirety of nicaragua
hopefully i got it right, if not you can ask me to fix

done on a worlda
unknown.png

didnt know if you meant the entirety of Nicaragua or just the area known as the mosquito coast so i did the entirety of nicaragua
hopefully i got it right, if not you can ask me to fix
That is amazing - thank you very much indeed😁

Yes, yet another commission, I apologize for bothering y’all so much, but I need a better version of this:

49150AD6-7A90-4873-A5F9-B14FFF7EC3C3.jpeg

The arms of the Godwinson House that I drawn, it has the same mantling, crest (Tudor crown) and tenants as the Anglish Coa, only thing that change are that the wyvern In the dexter is of Argent and the one at the sinister is of Or.

The upper left canton is three pallets or in a gules field, the second an argent rose, the under left two lion heads and the under right is a boat over the waves.

All cantons are divided by a cross argent ordinary and in stucheon are the arms of Edward the confessor.

It may look butchered and edited but the app didn’t allowed me to upload it entire.

Thanks!

Yes, yet another commission, I apologize for bothering y’all so much, but I need a better version of this:

View attachment 628586
The arms of the Godwinson House that I drawn, it has the same mantling, crest (Tudor crown) and tenants as the Anglish Coa, only thing that change are that the wyvern In the dexter is of Argent and the one at the sinister is of Or.

The upper left canton is three pallets or in a gules field, the second an argent rose, the under left two lion heads and the under right is a boat over the waves.

All cantons are divided by a cross argent ordinary and in stucheon are the arms of Edward the confessor.

It may look butchered and edited but the app didn’t allowed me to upload it entire.

Thanks!

Just for future reference: a "canton" is the bit at the upper viewer's left, if there was only one. If like here you have 4 divisions, they would be "quarters". The US flag has a canton, the english flag has four quarters.

How about one of these?
v1Arms_Blk-rose-on-red_for-JRogyRogy_FGv1.png v2Arms_Blk-rose-on-red_for-JRogyRogy_FGv2.png (click the thumbnails for the full-size versions)
Image(s) created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use these images, including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), just @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were amended from publicly available images, as follows:
(1) Rose in v1 adapted from Heraldique Rose by Ludger1961, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0 licence; recoloured.
(2) Rose in v2 taken from Golden Rose Badge by Sodacan, free for use and adaptation under the CC BY-SA 3.0 licence; ungrouped and recoloured.
Shield, plus resizing & positioning all by me.

Licence details:
Creative Commons
CC BY-SA 3.0: Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
Details of applicability/compatibility of each licence

Hi! I'm Sorry to bother, I came here to request a map, An unusual map request, it is based from this forym from believe it or not a MLP website where AK47Productions discussed about "What if America ISOTed to the world of MLP?"

Here's the link to that forum: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/20/human-in-equestria/thread/113373/human-countries-isoted#page/1

Territory: Continental United States with Alaska, Hawai'i, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Island (all the same distance from each other and the same postion, Mercator/Regular Map or a Google Earth map of America can work)

Use this image, The Yellow dot is where the US would be, and please color over the land on the far west part of that map or even widen the image

Attachments

• 2020-06-08 16.22.58-1.png
    2020-06-08 16.22.58-1.png
    276.9 KB · Views: 87