what would be the arms of a Plantagenet/Lancastrian dynasty ruling over France and England? would it just be the fleur-de-lis or would it also feature the three lions in some fashion? like quartered or impaled with the fleur-de-lis?
These are the Arms of Edward III as King of England & France
412px-Royal_Arms_of_England_%281340-1367%29.svg.png

well like, i was previously of the impression that itd be this historical one you have here, but this was used when the throne was contested. What I want to know is if the arms would still be this if the french throne was secured. Wikipedia says that henry VI used the fleur-de-lis dimidated with the arms you posted. but that's pretty redundant dont you think? having the french arms twice? also again he never was defacto king of france.
Now part of the issue is that English Kings claimed France for long enough that the French Arms often got included automatically when showing England so it was a tad redundant.
But that often happened with marriage where one party rules the other too, see Francis II Arms on marriage to Queen of Scots and v.v. In fact when they claimed England apparently they used the quartered flag too! Which is odd when you realise it's including a counter claim against oneself.
I suspect with security over France they'd either use the quartered arms, and/or separate shields, and/or impalement. Much as France did with Navarre.

Does anyone have a suggestions for what could be the coat of arms of Vasa-Tudor union of England,Ireland and Sweden, where the union comes from the marriage of Eric XIV and Elizabeth Tudor, and a union of France and Scotland under the descendants of Mary Queen of Scots and Francis II of France?

Anybody know where I can find a blank map of the Star Wars galaxy?
Not completely blank, but try here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/the-star-wars-galaxy-base-map.325546/
Or try one of these sites:

Does anyone have a suggestions for what could be the coat of arms of Vasa-Tudor union of England,Ireland and Sweden, where the union comes from the marriage of Eric XIV and Elizabeth Tudor, and a union of France and Scotland under the descendants of Mary Queen of Scots and Francis II of France?
Well, simplest would be quartering.
For Vasa-Tudor the England(-France) quarter (of quarters) would probably have an escutcheon of Tudor Ireland (the golden harp on blue).
The rulers of France and Scotland may additionally do what the former did with Navarre (as mentioned in my previous post): impalement - ie half shield for each - or separate shields:
148px-Coat_of_Arms_of_France_%26_Navarre.svg.png

what would be the arms of a Plantagenet/Lancastrian dynasty ruling over France and England? would it just be the fleur-de-lis or would it also feature the three lions in some fashion? like quartered or impaled with the fleur-de-lis?

If it's a union of crown with both kingdoms maintaining some level of independence from one another (like england and scotland OTL) chances are that both arms would be included in the royal arms, probably quartered or else the royal arms could have 2 separate shields under a single crown. The later composition was sometime used by the french King in later in his role as king of France and Navarre.

2 real life versions below

armoiries-de-louis-xiv-roi-de-france-rapporteur-pour-avis-anonyme-dating-1668-dimensions-h-189-mm-w-127-mm-musee-rijksmuseum-amsterdam-reyha5.jpg

511a24803a04508eacada07a1d516ecd.jpg

Last edited:
As The Professor and Marc Pasquin have already said, it would almost certainly have both arms. So either use the OTL Ed III of England arms (as in The Prof's post above) or, if you want something non-OTL, here's an impaled version:
Arms_France_and_England_impaled_350x375__FG.png

Amended from Arms of the Kingdom of France & Navarre (Ancien), free to use and modify under the CC-BY-SA-3.0 licence and Royal Arms of England (1395-1399), free to use and modify under the GNU Free Documentation Licence.

coa ingland.jpg

james and charles.png

Would it be possible to add the modern shield to the Stuart Coat of Arms? I am not sure what program people use to make these, I mainly use Paint.net but I can't seem to make it look nice. If it possible could the image be larger then the ones I posted.

View attachment 550985
View attachment 550986

Would it be possible to add the modern shield to the Stuart Coat of Arms? I am not sure what program people use to make these, I mainly use Paint.net but I can't seem to make it look nice. If it possible could the image be larger then the ones I posted.
Most of these images are best amended in their vector (.svg) forms, as all the constituent parts of the image can be treated separately. There are a few programs you can use for that - I think most people on here use inkscape.
I know you only asked for the English, Welsh, Northern Irish version, but I thought you'd probably want the Scottish version too, so here's both the 1603-1649 CoAs, Scottish and English, amended with the modern shields.
CoA_1603-1649_Scotland_with_modern_shield__650x629_FG.pngCoA_EnglandWalesIreland_1603-1649_with_modern_shield__628x625_FG.png(click the thumbnails for larger versions)
I have larger versions (1550x1500 - S and 1200x1194 - EWI) but they're too big to upload here. If you want them instead, let me know and I'll upload them to an image hosting site and link from here.

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone would like to work on making a flag for a hypothetically country based in 'Bir Tawil'?​

The Countries Name is the 'Grand Dutchy of Senhira"

Senhira is Coptic for 'place of the highest God'

This 'Dutchy' is Coptic Egyptian in religion and Ethnic make up, with Ethiopian making a major miniriry. the Languages are Coptic Egyptian, Ge'ez and Amaraic.

Hi there! I was wondering if anyone would like to work on making a flag for a hypothetically country based in 'Bir Tawil'?​

The Countries Name is the 'Grand Dutchy of Senhira"

Senhira is Coptic for 'place of the highest God'

This 'Dutchy' is Coptic Egyptian in religion and Ethnic make up, with Ethiopian making a major miniriry. the Languages are Coptic Egyptian, Ge'ez and Amaraic.
image0-6.jpeg

Blue = Egyptian sky and water.
Yellow = The Sun.
Red = The blood of Jesus and those who suffered under persecution.
Black = Black earth of Egypt.
Coptic cross is self-explanatory.
Yellow and red are also traditional Ethiopian colors.

Most of these images are best amended in their vector (.svg) forms, as all the constituent parts of the image can be treated separately. There are a few programs you can use for that - I think most people on here use inkscape.
I know you only asked for the English, Welsh, Northern Irish version, but I thought you'd probably want the Scottish version too, so here's both the 1603-1649 CoAs, Scottish and English, amended with the modern shields.
View attachment 551013View attachment 551014(click the thumbnails for larger versions)
I have larger versions (1550x1500 - S and 1200x1194 - EWI) but they're too big to upload here. If you want them instead, let me know and I'll upload them to an image hosting site and link from here.
Wow thanks so much man, I really appreciate it. When I get around to creating my timeline I am for sure going to credit you, these look so much better than anything I could ever create. Could you link to the larger images, if its not too much trouble?

Wow thanks so much man, I really appreciate it. When I get around to creating my timeline I am for sure going to credit you, these look so much better than anything I could ever create. Could you link to the larger images, if its not too much trouble?
You're welcome and no problem - click on the thumbnails below, they'll take you to the files, hosted on postimage.org:

These are the same size as the original vector images in the sources (as I linked to above) so are probably big enough, I think. If you need them even bigger, it's easy to export .svg to .png at larger sizes, so just ask.

Well, simplest would be quartering.
For Vasa-Tudor the England(-France) quarter (of quarters) would probably have an escutcheon of Tudor Ireland (the golden harp on blue).
The rulers of France and Scotland may additionally do what the former did with Navarre (as mentioned in my previous post): impalement - ie half shield for each - or separate shields:
148px-Coat_of_Arms_of_France_%26_Navarre.svg.png
Vasa England.png

So something like this but a little less crooked and with more quality to it? I had to resort to keeping Ireland as one of the lower parts, and since their are no clean impalement of the Swedish Coat of arms of i had to use the Shield arms and Bjelbo coats of arms separately.

Is it possible for someone to craft a 19th-century-esque coat of arms for a Han Chinese imperial dynasty?
Preferably with Dutch characteristics, but still screaming Chinese.

View attachment 551237

So something like this but a little less crooked and with more quality to it? I had to resort to keeping Ireland as one of the lower parts, and since their are no clean impalement of the Swedish Coat of arms of i had to use the Shield arms and Bjelbo coats of arms separately.
No I meant more like this:
218px-Blason_dauphine_fr_Bretagne.svg.png

Where each quarter is itself quartered. In this example the 1st & 4th quarters are quarterings of France & the Dauphinate, whereas the 2nd & 3rd are quarterings of France & Brittany.