POD is 1777, and pan-German symbols are what I’d be looking for (whatever you might take that to mean as ITTL Germany never united)

So are you looking for a single symbol that would be used by a variety of countries in some ways ? By that I mean, something like the gold lion on red being used by a number of provinces / states / territories to represent their english heritage. (ex. the COA of Quebec, New Brunswick, New South Wales, Cayman Islands, etc....)

In that case, maybe combine the german eagle and dutch lion and use a griffin.

Last edited:
I was seeing references to a 3 image per day posting rule, so I thought it might be a good idea to reread the rules and make sure I was aware of them all. Here's the image limit rule:

9. Don't post too many images that are not related to alternate history. Specifically, in the off-topic forums such as Chat and Non-Political Chat, post at most three images per thread per day. It doesn't matter whether the images are attachments or just links. (For alternate history images, be reasonable. Don't post more images than text, except in threads dedicated to images such as maps or flags).

It specifically references the off-topic forums and a limit of image posts per thread. I don't think it applies to something like posting responses to requests, especially since this is a thread dedicated to graphics requests. I would think that there isn't a limit in this thread for on-topic images.

Don't worry about the image limit in threads like this one. I, of course, ask people not to spam and filibuster, but don't worry so much about limiting yourself to three images.

Not necessarily a request for a flag per se, but I was wondering if someone could help me come up with some motifs or symbols for a flag of a country with deep Dutch and German roots. I'm looking for some sort of design that merges the symbols together harmoniously.
So, like with a black eagle with tulips in its talons?

fascist often use stylised design to give them a brutal vibe so what about replacing the usual stars in canton with a combination 13 stars and a stylised bald eagle. It would *feel* somewhat oppressive without having any one element that would be inherently fascistic.

View attachment 533388
That reminds me of the Ingsoc logo you can find on the internet. (Which is a compliment.) Really nice.

I'm going to probably post several responses. Here is the first.
EDIT: And the second.
EDIT2: And one more.
One People, One Nation! One Nation, One State! One State, Forever!
View attachment 533224

Depending on your timeline, and how the US got where it got to, you could go with something like this:
One Nation, Under God, Our Union, Indivisible!
View attachment 533232

Concentrating a bit more on the monarchial aspects...
View attachment 533281
I really like these flags, e. I'm still sorting out how my TL is going to work, so I'll give these flags some thought.

Less a request and more a question, and it sort of applies here I think (though if I'm wrong, please correct me and I will happily post elsewhere; I'm used to forums that frown on starting new threads!). With threads that have been dead for periods longer than the spam function allows, how would one go about requesting permission to use/alter a blank map? Especially if the artist/cartographer has not posted/logged in here for several months? Is there a hard-and-fast rule? Just want to make sure I don't step on any toes!

Less a request and more a question, and it sort of applies here I think (though if I'm wrong, please correct me and I will happily post elsewhere; I'm used to forums that frown on starting new threads!). With threads that have been dead for periods longer than the spam function allows, how would one go about requesting permission to use/alter a blank map? Especially if the artist/cartographer has not posted/logged in here for several months? Is there a hard-and-fast rule? Just want to make sure I don't step on any toes!

I am pretty sure it is accepted that blanks map are safe and free for anyone to use. However If you use/alter it and then post it somewhere there is nothing wrong with crediting the original creator.

I am pretty sure it is accepted that blanks map are safe and free for anyone to use. However If you use/alter it and then post it somewhere there is nothing wrong with crediting the original creator.
Thank you, @Gokbay ! I will definitely make sure to credit the original creator.

@Gokbay
Thanks for the summary of the CoAs in the PM. Here are the first two of the three double-shield CoAs on the list. I've labelled them with the dates shown in your summary.
1992-2002: CoA_Dominion_Malaysia_wAceh-Pacifica_1992-2002_for_Gokbay_1295x650_FG.png 2002-2008: CoA_Dominion_Malaysia-Pacifica_2002-2008_for_Gokbay_1295x650_FG.png (as before, click the thumbnails for the full-size versions)
Images created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape and paint.net.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this/these image(s), including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), it is sufficient to @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were taken from images in the public domain, as follows:
(1) Escutcheon and motto scroll (except for text in English) from Malaysian Coat of Arms 1963-65;
(2) Tiger supporter from Padang Coat of Arms 1926;
(3) Lion supporter and crown from UK Royal Coat of Arms (English version);
(4) Aceh symbol from Flag of Aceh Sultanate;
(5) Fiji symbology from Coat of Arms of Fiji;
(6) French Polynesia symbology from Coat of Arms of French Polynesia;
(7) Kiribati symbology from Coat of Arms of Kiribati;
(8) Solomon Islands symbology from 1956-1978 Badge of the Solomon Islands;
(9) Papua New Guinea symbology from Flag of Papua New Guinea;
(10) Pacific Island Trust Territory symbology from Flag of Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands;
(11) Right-hand (sinister) motto scroll amended (recoloured, text changed) from Coat of Arms of the Solomon Islands.
(X) For specific licence terms, see the linked pages.
All/any other parts of the image(s) are by me.

@Gokbay
Thanks for the summary of the CoAs in the PM. Here are the first two of the three double-shield CoAs on the list. I've labelled them with the dates shown in your summary.
1992-2002: View attachment 534005 2002-2008: View attachment 534004 (as before, click the thumbnails for the full-size versions)
Images created by FriendlyGhost using inkscape and paint.net.
In accordance with the attribution terms of the licences noted below, you are free to use this/these image(s), including adaptation, as long as you give attribution. On this site (alternatehistory.com), it is sufficient to @ my username. On other sites, link to my profile page here.
Some of the constituent parts of this image were taken from images in the public domain, as follows:
(1) Escutcheon and motto scroll (except for text in English) from Malaysian Coat of Arms 1963-65;
(2) Tiger supporter from Padang Coat of Arms 1926;
(3) Lion supporter and crown from UK Royal Coat of Arms (English version);
(4) Aceh symbol from Flag of Aceh Sultanate;
(5) Fiji symbology from Coat of Arms of Fiji;
(6) French Polynesia symbology from Coat of Arms of French Polynesia;
(7) Kiribati symbology from Coat of Arms of Kiribati;
(8) Solomon Islands symbology from 1956-1978 Badge of the Solomon Islands;
(9) Papua New Guinea symbology from Flag of Papua New Guinea;
(10) Pacific Island Trust Territory symbology from Flag of Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands;
(11) Right-hand (sinister) motto scroll amended (recoloured, text changed) from Coat of Arms of the Solomon Islands.
(X) For specific licence terms, see the linked pages.
All/any other parts of the image(s) are by me.

I really can't thank you enough. You are a great help.

I was imagining the US stopping westward expansion at the Rocky Mountains, and a Christian Pacific state on the West, with slavery banned from the start of the country.

The government has a religious-dominated judiciary, else it is more or less politically structured like usual developed Western nations.

Let's say it's geographically divided in twelve tribes with the same names as the Israelite ones, and the seats of each tribe are named after each of the twelve apostles.

Main denominations are analogous to Baptists, Presbyterians, Adventists and Pentecostals.

If anyone get interested on this, I'd love to see an infobox and a flag on this idea.

Last edited:
I was imagining the US stopping westward expansion at the Rocky Mountains, and a Christian Pacific state on the West, with slavery banned from the start of the country.
The government has a religious-dominated judiciary, else it is more or less politically structured like usual developed Western nations.
Let's say it's geographically divided in twelve tribes with the same names as the Israelite ones, and the seats of each tribe are named after each of the twelve apostles.
Main denominations are analogous to Baptists, Presbyterians, Adventists and Pentecostals.
If anyone get interested on this, I'd love to see an infobox and a flag on this idea.
Where did this Christian Pacific State come from? That would inform the flag.
EDIT: I made a flag. But more interestingly, the flag evolved. Here is the beginning, where I wanted to capture the ocean, mountains, sky - the cross and 12 seven pointed stars representing the twelve tribes. None directly above the cross, none directly beneath. Then, you can see the evolution I made through a different color scheme, and finally, to a more simplified design.
cps1.png

Now, a change to the colors, because I didn't like black as the sky, and the ocean was too dark.

cps2.png

Looking at it, I decided that the mountains were nice, but too modern looking. And I realized that it lent itself to a tricolor. Once I removed the mountains, I removed the waves. And then, the stars begged to be enlarged. Personally, I like this last one the most.

cps3.png

Last edited:
CoA for an Windsor Ruled Estonia that Includes All Estonians,Ingrians(Ingrian Finns,Izhorians and Votes) and South Estonians(Seto,Voro,Mulgi,etc)

windsor so post 1917 ? How exactly did this happen ? As a somewhat generic design, the house of windsor do use the image of windsor castle as a badge so you could deface the estonian arms with it and put it in the middle of the national flag

144814-1292772147.jpg

Where did this Christian Pacific State come from? That would inform the flag.

I love it! Looks peaceful and very Protestantesque both on colors and symbols, immediately distinguishible from Catholic imagery.

I'm just starting it. No clear POD, but around 1800. I'm assuming that the, at the time, very religious Massachussettians are wave migrating there.

Thanks!

windsor so post 1917 ? How exactly did this happen ? As a somewhat generic design, the house of windsor do use the image of windsor castle as a badge so you could deface the estonian arms with it and put it in the middle of the national flag

144814-1292772147.jpg
Basicaly UK Forces Konstantin Patts to Accept to Turn Estonia into a Constitutional Monarchy led by Windsor House and with more British Support,Estonia did Get its Maximum Wartime Borders/extent,even thoses near petrograd that was conquered by some russian whites that was aiding estonia,aslo Baltisches Landswher/United Baltic Duchy was Crushed with more lethality due to British Help