If America became a fascist/extreme-right monarchical dictatorship in the 2040s (which hopefully never happens), and it changed its flag, what would its flag look like? (I'm planning a TL and I'd like to include a cool flag. If you do make such a flag, make sure to tell me whether I can use it or not.) I'm thinking that the new flag still looks "American" and is still identifiable as such (e.g. the 13 stripes are kept), but it looks more imperialist/fascist. (More sharp angles?) I'd also like the flag to have a futuristic feel because it was made in the 2040s. Also, I don't want the flag to be too fascist (if you get what I mean), because the dictator is trying to disguise America as a state of freedom (because of course dictators will do that). So no swastikas/fasces/etc.

Something like this, maybe, but this is just a picture I found on the internet, and I definitely don't have permission to use it. (If you want to look at the flag without the waving, take the link at the bottom and copy-paste it into another tab.) (And yes, you can use that flag waver site to your heart's content. My brother found it on the Internet, not me, so thank him, except he doesn't have an AH.com account.)

fascist often use stylised design to give them a brutal vibe so what about replacing the usual stars in canton with a combination 13 stars and a stylised bald eagle. It would *feel* somewhat oppressive without having any one element that would be inherently fascistic.

fasc-us3.png

Last edited:
please could somebody draw lusatia on q-bam? the polish side seems to already exist on the borderpool but when i try to do the german side it doesnt match at all. im not sure what version of the area would be the most appropriate but im planning to use it for a map set in the 1800s
800px-Location_LUS2.svg.png

an alternative version: vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Karte_B%C3%B6hmische_Krone.png

im toying with an extra stealth P.O.D of silesia/ lusatia staying with austria instead of going to prussia but idk how committed i am to that idea yet. itd be mainly to give the arrow shaped enclave to german bohemia rather than it be part of silesian prussia-germany

Quick quesion, in Which thread do people Request Coinage designs? is there even a thread?
Banknotes, Coins, Medals...
There was a thread for people posting images of fictional currencies but I can't find it right now. Otherwise, there's the Graphic Request Thread: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/graphic-request-thread.461884/
The two old threads for alt-currencies were:
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/alternate-banknotes-and-coins-thread.82716/page-12 - last post in 2013, so don't try to resurrect it!
and
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/money-thread.465183/ - last post in April last year, so 11 months old - think carefully about resurrecting this one, maybe contact the OP first (as the OP is permitted to resurrect a thread at any time)

Both of those were used by members posting their own images, so I recommend going with the graphics request thread linked by Marc if you want to request coinage.

Hi! I'm new to this sub and would like to know if I can request a map here. I tried to create one of how South America would be if Brazilian monarchy had continued to rule the country and if Simon Bolivar hadn't helped other countries to achieve independence from Spanish Empire. I couldn't make this map because some borders are in the middle of some states and I can't even use photoshop to draw all country borders properly. That's why I need some help with that.

The two old threads for alt-currencies were:
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/alternate-banknotes-and-coins-thread.82716/page-12 - last post in 2013, so don't try to resurrect it!
and
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/money-thread.465183/ - last post in April last year, so 11 months old - think carefully about resurrecting this one, maybe contact the OP first (as the OP is permitted to resurrect a thread at any time)

Both of those were used by members posting their own images, so I recommend going with the graphics request thread linked by Marc if you want to request coinage.
You make it sound like I would be prone to such mistakes...
So what your saying is that the Graphics thread is a good move! THanks :)

I was seeing references to a 3 image per day posting rule, so I thought it might be a good idea to reread the rules and make sure I was aware of them all. Here's the image limit rule:

9. Don't post too many images that are not related to alternate history. Specifically, in the off-topic forums such as Chat and Non-Political Chat, post at most three images per thread per day. It doesn't matter whether the images are attachments or just links. (For alternate history images, be reasonable. Don't post more images than text, except in threads dedicated to images such as maps or flags).

It specifically references the off-topic forums and a limit of image posts per thread. I don't think it applies to something like posting responses to requests, especially since this is a thread dedicated to graphics requests. I would think that there isn't a limit in this thread for on-topic images.

You make it sound like I would be prone to such mistakes...
Sorry, I didn't mean it to come across that way - it's just that the mods don't like that sort of thing. I would feel guilty if I linked to an old thread which someone (not necessarily you) then posted in and got actioned, after I hadn't given a warning.

Changing the subject (in same post so as not to double-post)
I was seeing references to a 3 image per day posting rule, so I thought it might be a good idea to reread the rules and make sure I was aware of them all. Here's the image limit rule:
9. Don't post too many images that are not related to alternate history. Specifically, in the off-topic forums such as Chat and Non-Political Chat, post at most three images per thread per day. It doesn't matter whether the images are attachments or just links. (For alternate history images, be reasonable. Don't post more images than text, except in threads dedicated to images such as maps or flags).
It specifically references the off-topic forums and a limit of image posts per thread. I don't think it applies to something like posting responses to requests, especially since this is a thread dedicated to graphics requests. I would think that there isn't a limit in this thread for on-topic images.
That is one way to interpret the site rule, but in the past the mods have enforced a three-image per day limit here too. I think the justification is something like 'more than three images is okay if they're supporting a timeline, but otherwise keep to that limit.' Essentially, we don't want to have members accidentally falling foul of this rule, which is why we try to stick to 3-images/day on this thread too.

Sorry, I didn't mean it to come across that way - it's just that the mods don't like that sort of thing. I would feel guilty if I linked to an old thread which someone (not necessarily you) then posted in and got actioned, after I hadn't given a warning.

Changing the subject (in same post so as not to double-post)

That is one way to interpret the site rule, but in the past the mods have enforced a three-image per day limit here too. I think the justification is something like 'more than three images is okay if they're supporting a timeline, but otherwise keep to that limit.' Essentially, we don't want to have members accidentally falling foul of this rule, which is why we try to stick to 3-images/day on this thread too.
All good. Plus, Would you know anything about when the next Competition is?

Sorry to be posting so many times tonight - it's just worked out that way!
@Gokbay Sorry, I haven't had time to finish any of the other CoAs today. I also want to check something; for the Solomon Islands, I'm using the 1956-1978 badge, not the post-independence CoA - is that okay?
Here's the shield from the second CoA from yesterday on a Blue Ensign. Since I don't have any other images to post tonight (and I'm about to go to bed), here's another two Blue Ensigns with the two CoAs (not just shields) as well. I have them with the CoAs on white circles too; if you want those instead/as well let me know.
BlueEnsign_Shield_British_Malaysia_w_Aceh_for_Gokbay_FG.png BlueEnsign_British_Malaysia_for_Gokbay_FG.png BlueEnsign_British_Malaysia_w_Aceh_for_Gokbay_FG.png (as before, click the thumbnails for the full-size versions)
Sources/credit the same as in yesterday's post.

Sorry to be posting so many times tonight - it's just worked out that way!
@Gokbay Sorry, I haven't had time to finish any of the other CoAs today. I also want to check something; for the Solomon Islands, I'm using the 1956-1978 badge, not the post-independence CoA - is that okay?
Here's the shield from the second CoA from yesterday on a Blue Ensign. Since I don't have any other images to post tonight (and I'm about to go to bed), here's another two Blue Ensigns with the two CoAs (not just shields) as well. I have them with the CoAs on white circles too; if you want those instead/as well let me know.
View attachment 533540 View attachment 533538 View attachment 533541 (as before, click the thumbnails for the full-size versions)
Sources/credit the same as in yesterday's post.

Thanks for your work once again. The use of the badge instead of the modern CoA is fine as well.

Hey team, I have a request. I am looking for a map of the European Union (with the UK is preferred), with simplified edges and relatively thick borders. Non-EU areas can be without internal borders. Here is a link to an image that is pretty close to what I am looking for, except that for some reason, Norway is missing (I know they aren't EU, but they should be in the dark gray), and I would not like any country names (or a watermark across the whole thing). Just a blank map showing the state borders of the EU nations. As you can see, exact geographic detail isn't essential, or even really desired.

Smallish size is fine, 400 x 400 would work. Probably something in the 800 x 800 size range would be more ideal, but I am living on the generosity of others.

I am about to create a Future History Thread about a Post Apocalyptic world (COVID based), and For my first Post, I was wanting to Focus on a family Clan-based New Zealand
Auckland Region Maps, NZ
example
To do so, I am requesting a High detail (blank) Physical Map of the Auckland region/ North island and South Island. Rivers would be requested.

-High Detail North Island blank Physical
-High Detail South Island blank Physical
-High Detail Auckland blank physical
Physical Map of New Zealand - South Island NZ | Map of new zealand ...
north island new zealand | large zoom in map of nz | Road trip new ...
Example

Attachments

• 1585269113609.jpeg
    1585269113609.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 220

VT45

Banned
Not necessarily a request for a flag per se, but I was wondering if someone could help me come up with some motifs or symbols for a flag of a country with deep Dutch and German roots. I'm looking for some sort of design that merges the symbols together harmoniously.

Not necessarily a request for a flag per se, but I was wondering if someone could help me come up with some motifs or symbols for a flag of a country with deep Dutch and German roots. I'm looking for some sort of design that merges the symbols together harmoniously.
Well on the basic side you have lions, orange, and arrows for the Dutch. Germans are a bit more diverse so it depends where.
And of course pods matter as the Dutch symbols relate to the Princes of Orange and Burgundian provinces.

VT45

Banned
POD is 1777, and pan-German symbols are what I’d be looking for (whatever you might take that to mean as ITTL Germany never united)

POD is 1777, and pan-German symbols are what I’d be looking for (whatever you might take that to mean as ITTL Germany never united)

The Holy Roman Eagle or a single headed version of it could maybe work. Also maybe finding a way to include the colour orange in the black-red-gold. Orange background, Golden Shield and Black Eagle as a flag?

Symbol wise, having arms that combine the german eagle and the dutch lion would be a given. Otherwise, if the the german population trace their origins to the german empire (1870-1918), you could use the red-white common to both flags and combine them in some way with the german black and dutch blue.