Can someone make a flag for a heugenot nation in the American South?

maybe something with the huguenot cross in canton and some stripes. the number of stripes I used is arbitrary and could represents anything from subnational entities to the "7 articles of faith" or any some such thing.

csa-huguenots.png

I request a map from graphics thread and I want the actual map of what would the world look like if it melted - it would be welcoming if you provide a satellite map

maybe something with the huguenot cross in canton and some stripes. the number of stripes I used is arbitrary and could represents anything from subnational entities to the "7 articles of faith" or any some such thing.

View attachment 514556

Darn. Beat me to it. It's probably for the best though, your flag is better than any of my designs (like, this is not me trying to get a chance for my flags, I'd literally be ashamed to post them. They're all much worse).

Really nicely done. I love the different coloring in the cross. While it does borrow from the IOTL American flag, it looks good and the stripes could have a connection to earlier flags used by the Huguenots. They used a lot of dark blue-grays and had a lot of barry (Horizontal stripes) patterns on their flags. Really well done. A nod to OTL with a strong historical precedent and a nice design overall. 10/10

Darn. Beat me to it. It's probably for the best though, your flag is better than any of my designs (like, this is not me trying to get a chance for my flags, I'd literally be ashamed to post them. They're all much worse).

better or worse is kind of relative. I've done flags as a joke that proved popular and spent hours on things that were largely ignored. If you post them and they genuinely look bad, at least you'll get (generally polite) constructive criticism about them.

Kaze

Banned
I need a flag for a 20th Century Chinese Warlord - Song Fa Clique.

Song Fa's characters in Chinese are: 宋閥.

“Chiang Shang-ching, called “Vulture Eagle Commander” is a warlord leader of the Song Fa Clique."

I need a flag for a 20th Century Chinese Warlord - Song Fa Clique.

Song Fa's characters in Chinese are: 宋閥.

“Chiang Shang-ching, called “Vulture Eagle Commander” is a warlord leader of the Song Fa Clique."

what about something like this ?

Song-Fa-Clique.png

does it echoes in any was the CSA ? if so, maybe something heraldic that either recalls the Confederate battle flag or the first CSA National flag.

Interestingly the answer to that is 'No' not especially; the Southern Confederation is much less 'Dixieland' than the South as our own timeline records it; think of the Confederation of North America as a hybrid of the United States & Canada (in territory and in spirit), having been created when the American Revolution faltered in the absence of French support.

I do like the idea of quietly hinting at the OTHER Southern Confederation (insert joke about Mr Jefferson Davis wearing 'Mirror Universe' EVIL GOATEE - here -), but am not sure how far to go; perhaps a Burgundy cross with a shield atop it? (the shield might contain the lilies & the lions as a nod to the fact that the Southern Confederation encompasses territory that was once Spanish, French & English).

Honestly, working out flags that simultaneously suggest - but do not explicitly plagiarise - Canadian provincial & US state flags is a surprisingly tricky business! (Though it's Good Clean Fun and I do appreciate the help extended so freely from the kindly Vexillologists of this thread).:)

Can anyone here make me an emblem for a Macau that was never returned to china, rather becoming independent, and was never communist, that is still in the same kind of simple modern style of the current OTL one? And a similar emblem for a decolonized Guangzhouwan (the former French city in southern China).

These are sort of Singapore-esque city states with ties to both China and Japan, but still independent (so they're not actively trying to erase any one group's influence or anything, maybe trying to use more originally Asian symbols, but nothing beyond that).

If you need more info for a design (I wouldn't expect you to, it doesn't need to be supremely detailed or have an elaborate backstory, just needs to look good and roughly make sense), feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone here make me an emblem for a Macau that was never returned to china, rather becoming independent, and was never communist, that is still in the same kind of simple modern style of the current OTL one? And a similar emblem for a decolonized Guangzhouwan (the former French city in southern China).

These are sort of Singapore-esque city states with ties to both China and Japan, but still independent (so they're not actively trying to erase any one group's influence or anything, maybe trying to use more originally Asian symbols, but nothing beyond that).

If you need more info for a design (I wouldn't expect you to, it doesn't need to be supremely detailed or have an elaborate backstory, just needs to look good and roughly make sense), feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance.

This was the COA of colonial portuguese macau
Mo-nat3.jpg

so what about a banner of arms which simplified and removes the portuguese parts ?
macau-alt.png

Last edited:
commercially published. I am writing a book to be published - and my art is less to be desired. Yet, I will thank you personally and include it in the bibliography.

I'm sorry, I have no issue making flags for free for personal use but any image I make to be used in a commercial enterprise would require both payment and a contract establishing usage.