Here is the new Map and Flag Request Thread II. The old thread, posted in 2012(!), has now reached 500 pages.

This is the old thread

And these are the revised rules and some helpful links:
Welcome to the follow-on to the original Request Maps/Flags Here thread, now expanded to include heraldic requests.

A few ground rules, based on the previous thread:
1. Be patient; do not re-post requests. If you think your request has been missed, quote it in a new post, but leave at least two days before doing so.
2. Maximum of 2 requests per day.
3. Only make requests for things you yourself cannot do.
4. Fulfil as many requests as you can.
5. If you agree to do a request and then are unable to do it for any reason, post a message to say so; don't leave the requester with false hope.
6. More than one person may fulfil the same request; the requester can use whichever one they want.
7. In accordance with the Forum Rules, no more than three images per day may be posted, so don't ask for too many images at a time; also note that this may limit someone's ability to post amended versions, so be patient.
8. Be courteous; don't complain about anyone's work. They are taking the time to make it for you; if you don't like how they do it then do it yourself.
9. If you use an image elsewhere, give credit to the creator. If you're not sure if you may use it somewhere, ask first.
If you would like a graphic which is not map, flag or coat of arms related, then you can use the Graphic Request Thread: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/graphic-request-thread.461884

Other related threads
If you need a map/flag/coat of arms, then you can also try one of these threads:
1. The current Map thread: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/map-thread-xix.470444/
2. The current Flag thread: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/flag-thread-iv.310936/
3. The current Coat of Arms thread: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/a-new-coat-of-arms-thread.66255/
Contest threads
For those who enjoy creating maps and flags, have a look at the regular contest threads:
1. Map of the Fortnight: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/map-of-the-fortnight-main-discussion-thread.377515/
2. Weekly Flag Challenge: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/weekly-flag-challenge-discussion-entries.136905/
Let the map/flag/heraldry requesting/making commence (again)!

Last edited:
Would someone mind making a map for me on Inkscape or Photoshop or even Paint? Just completely random and fictional. Like 5-10 states/provinces. Something I can use for wikiboxes (so preferably an SVG file) as well as potentially a nation on NationStates. Sorry, I know I can probably make one myself on Microsoft Paint, but I want something of high quality and I’m not exactly an expert with using Paint. And like I said, fictional/random, so have as much fun with it as you want. A few (or a lot of) islands and one or two lakes.
EDIT: To clarify, by random/fictional, I meant something like this
View attachment 509104
Full image of the 33 presidential election
So not at all like it looks like it’s anywhere on Earth.

Last edited:
Would someone mind making a map for me on Inkscape or Photoshop or even Paint? Just completely random and fictional. Like 5-10 states/provinces. Something I can use for wikiboxes (so preferably an SVG file) as well as potentially a nation on NationStates. Sorry, I know I can probably make one myself on Microsoft Paint, but I want something of high quality and I’m not exactly an expert with using Paint. And like I said, fictional/random, so have as much fun with it as you want. A few (or a lot of) islands and one or two lakes.
EDIT: To clarify, by random/fictional, I meant something like this

So not at all like it looks like it’s anywhere on Earth.
I know it's not an SVG, but how about something like this?
request.png

Scale, names of geographical features and provinces, etc. are up to you

Welcome to the follow-on to the original Request Maps/Flags Here thread, now expanded to include heraldic requests.

A few ground rules, based on the previous thread:
1. Be patient; do not re-post requests. If you think your request has been missed, quote it in a new post, but leave at least two days before doing so.
2. Maximum of 2 requests per day.
3. Only make requests for things you yourself cannot do.
4. Fulfil as many requests as you can.
5. If you agree to do a request and then are unable to do it for any reason, post a message to say so; don't leave the requester with false hope.
6. More than one person may fulfil the same request; the requester can use whichever one they want.
7. In accordance with the Forum Rules, no more than three images per day may be posted, so don't ask for too many images at a time; also note that this may limit someone's ability to post amended versions, so be patient.
8. Be courteous; don't complain about anyone's work. They are taking the time to make it for you; if you don't like how they do it then do it yourself.
9. If you use an image elsewhere, give credit to the creator. If you're not sure if you may use it somewhere, ask first.​

If you would like a graphic which is not map, flag or coat of arms related, then you can use the Graphic Request Thread: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/graphic-request-thread.461884

Other related threads
If you need a map/flag/coat of arms, then you can also try one of these threads:

Contest threads
For those who enjoy creating maps and flags, have a look at the regular contest threads:

Let the map/flag/heraldry requesting/making commence (again)! :)

Here are the unanswered requests from pages 499/500 of the old thread:
Anybody have a good sized, easy to edit map of Michigan?
Anyone found maps similar to what I posted?
This is a quick little request: could someone do three quick Worlda maps of North America?
The first map should be British Canada along with the USA in OTL 1860. The US should have all states in the Union.
The second map should be the USA (OTL's Confederacy, Kentucky, Missouri, Maryland, Delaware, Arizona and New Mexico Territories) and the Federal States of America (OTL's Union, plus the Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, and Washington territories). The northern third of Delaware is part of Pennsylvania (FSA), Garrett County, MD is part of West Virginia (FSA), and OTL Jefferson, Berkeley, Morgan, Hampshire, and Hardy counties in OTL West Virginia belong to Virginia.
The third map is the same as before, except that:
Baja California and the narrow part of Mexican Sonora above the Sea of Cortez is part of the FSA; the narrow Sonoran part is part of Gadsden;
The Arizona and New Mexico Territories are now part of the Federal States and subdivided into the territories of OTL Gadsden Purchase, New Mexico, and Arizona;
Missouri north of the Missouri River is part of the Federal States, as its own separate State;
Southcentral Alaska is a province of Canada, the Alaska Panhandle part of British Columbia, and the rest of Alaska as a colony outright but still part of Canada;
Cuba is part of the United States, as a full State. All other Spanish colonies in the Caribbean are independent except for Puerto Rico which remains Spanish
can someone make a relief map with colours like this style? https://i.imgur.com/hgTZpU8.png
Can someone make an alternate Belgian coat of arms, divided in four quarters:
1st and 4th quarter: Sable, a lion rampant or, armed and langued gules (Duchy of Brabant)
2nd quarter: Or, a lion rampant sable, armed and langued gules (County of Flanders)
3rd quarter: Argent, a lion rampant gules, queue fourchée, armed, langued, and crowned Or. (Duchy of Limburg)
PS: This DeviantArt post could be a perfect reference for my request.
Ok, this is gonna sound weird, but here goes nothing, Could someone make this bulgaria on Q-bam ?, i'm trying to do a whole world map for my timeline in q-bam, yet i can't find any geographical reference to bulgaria's western border (which i've highlighted in red).
View attachment 509264
Can someone make the California flag but make it a chimera instead of the bear.
Like the flag is the bear with the "don't tread on me" snake as the bears tail.
Could someone make a flag for an TL I'm working on? It's for the Lebanese Salvation Front, for which its flag should contain the general aesthetics of the OTL Hezbollah flag, such as the Arabic clenching a AK-47, the stylized Arabic, etc.
I would like to request that the stylized Arabic that makes up the majority of the flag is to be composed of the words Salvation Front in Arabic (جبهة الخلاص), since that is what the LBS calls itself.
(This is the OTL Hezbollah flag for reference) {see original post for this}
Could somebody make a flag for a federalized British Empire which had won the American Revolution?

etruscan-enthusiast said:
Could somebody make a flag for a federalized British Empire which had won the American Revolution?:

The first thing that springs to mind is to simply use the Union Jack. If that sounds too boring, maybe something that combines the union flag with OTL commonwealth flag

alt-brit-empire.jpg

Huh, so heraldry/coat-of-arms are now included here too? Looks like a good place for this then - for those who've seen my flags in the Flags Thread, I've made repeated attempts to make a decent Rhodesia flag redesign using Flag Maker, all of which never really satisfied me, due to the limitations that Flag Maker has regarding its overlays. This is mainly because the Rhodesian coat-of-arms is too complex to recreate within Flag Maker, so I had to make do with attempting simpler designs, none of which were particularly successful by my (admittedly high) standards.

But with heraldry/coat-of-arms now included in the requests here, I thought I could give this a shot:

I'd like for somebody to attempt to blend the OTL/IRL Rhodesian coat-of-arms with the symbolism of the Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging and Ossewabrandwag groups (the triskelion of the former and the eagle of the latter).

As a side-note, could someone also try making a Fascist-stylized version of the peacocks used on historical Burmese/Myanmar flags? I want to look at revamping my Fascist Burma/Myanmar flag too.

I will post this again, but could someone do this bulgaria on q-bam, the western border (highlighted in red) is kinda bugging me since i have no reference to it on q-bam, only worlda
bolghariyya.png

Deleted member 107125

Can anyone make a coat of arms for a British dominion in America?

Deleted member 107125

what about this ? stripes, in a north american context, are too closely related to the rebels to make a good symbols so instead to echo OTL USA, you could have a semy of stars in the shiled and a crowned bald eagle having been granted as a supporter.

View attachment 510074
Is there any way to get just the CoA?