CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Why the hell would to take the copyright and identifiers off of a map published by the City of New York? or even give a link to where ever you found it?

FFS! You know better than this!

It doesn't appear that you actually claimed it was your work, so we'll go with a warning

DO NOT do this again.

Last edited:
Why the hell would to take the copyright and identifiers off of a map published by the City of New York? or even give a link to where ever you found it?
It doesn't appear that you actually claimed it was your work, so we'll go with a warning
DO NOT do this again.

I just googled and found the image and uploaded it directly as it was a cached image. I didn't claim it was my own and my only mistake was not to check the source or to see if it was a duplicate of something else.

I really don't appreciate the belligerent tone for what should clearly be obvious not to have been done with any ill intent on my part.

DO NOT do this again.
I don't think this map has copyright identifiers on it to begin with. I'm looking rn and I cant find it?

It is often better to ask than to accuse, especially when it is someone who has shown no proclivity to steal intellectual property. But everyone makes mistakes, and the same consideration anyone would ask for should also be extended. I am sure that the overriding concern was to keep the site free of any complaints.

Happy Friday to all!

anyone got any good hypothetical Doggerland maps - similar to Bob hope's Ice Age Europe on in his blank map thread - there are lots of maps but cant seem to find one exactly like i need sort of like this one i found on the web in a thesis but obviously would like to have a slightly better one that i can properly credit or work on/adapt as this isnt my work - or the second one without the arrow ?

1597421078545.png
1597422265003.png

Last edited:
anyone got any good hypothetical Doggerland maps - similar to Bob hope's Ice Age Europe on in his blank map thread - there are lots of maps but cant seem to find one exactly like i need sort of like this one i found on the web in a thesis but obviously would like to have a slightly better one that i can properly credit or work on/adapt as this isnt my work - or the second one without the arrow ?

View attachment 575153View attachment 575164
How about this?

EDIT - Ah, you want one with England connected. I will keep looking.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Okay so I looked and could find a bunch of reuploads of it without the NYC watermark, why did your post accuse him of doing it? Marc's been here for years and he very clearly wouldn't be trying to pull something dumb like that
Actually it happens much more frequently than you may realize.

View attachment 575153View attachment 575164

National Geographic has a great map of Doggerland:

31836.jpg

If you want I could help you make a custom map you could use yourself. DM me if you are interested.

Last edited:
National Geographic has a great map of Doggerland:

31836.jpg

If you want I could help you make a custom map you could use yourself. DM me if you are interested.
Thanks will take you up on that I'll fm you later today as my skills are at entry level currently

This is (hopefully) a sufficiently humble flag request. Could anyone create an alternate Italian flag incorporating the emblem of the Italian Regency of Carnaro? I've been unsuccessful at using Flagmaker for a while now, so if anyone is willing to do this, I'd be greatly appreciative. Some additional information to consider:
  • Ideally, keep the national colors of Italy (red, green, white)
  • The country is an authoritarian republic run by a *Fascist movement led by Gabriele D'Annunzio and his cohorts
  • While they are *Fascists and do try to evoke the spirit of Republican Rome, they're not trying to recreate the Roman Empire
  • Likewise, while there are some Roman symbols such as the fasces and the aquila, I'd prefer not to have those symbols (or at least, not give them the same prominence that they were given in OTL)
If anyone is down to do this, thanks a bunch!

This is (hopefully) a sufficiently humble flag request. Could anyone create an alternate Italian flag incorporating the emblem of the Italian Regency of Carnaro? I've been unsuccessful at using Flagmaker for a while now, so if anyone is willing to do this, I'd be greatly appreciative. Some additional information to consider:
  • Ideally, keep the national colors of Italy (red, green, white)
  • The country is an authoritarian republic run by a *Fascist movement led by Gabriele D'Annunzio and his cohorts
  • While they are *Fascists and do try to evoke the spirit of Republican Rome, they're not trying to recreate the Roman Empire
  • Likewise, while there are some Roman symbols such as the fasces and the aquila, I'd prefer not to have those symbols (or at least, not give them the same prominence that they were given in OTL)
If anyone is down to do this, thanks a bunch!
Would this not just be the Italian tricolour with the emblem?