Can anyone make a COA and/or flag for the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, but under Russian rule? Like the Kingdom of Poland or Grand Duchy of Finland, but under the Romanovs? Thanks!

Can anyone make a COA and/or flag for the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, but under Russian rule? Like the Kingdom of Poland or Grand Duchy of Finland, but under the Romanovs? Thanks!
When you say under Russian rule, do you mean as a puppet state, or as a member of the House of Romanov is the reigning monarch?

A puppet state, like the Congress Poland or Grand Duchy of Finland.
I based it off of the same style that Congress Poland used for its Naval Jack.
Luthianian Naval Jack.png

I am not really well learned in India but is this not somewhat too Hindu? Bengal does have a large Muslim population (see: Bangladesh).
To be fair, west bengal is majority Hindu. But yeah, Bengal in itself would have 55-45 Islam-Hindu divide.

2) Independent Maharashtra (somewhat like the Bombay Presidency minus Gujarat and Sindh)
A shot in the dark.
That kinda looks like Cap's shield... Could you do a flag with some maratha symbols with just a gateway of India on an orange background?

1) United Bengal
Thanks... Will consider that

3) Dravidia
Dravidia seems like on track with what I had wanted.... Could you make the sun smaller, and instead of the stars could you add this image?

Okay - buckle up...

2) On Maharshatra, I didn't like what I came up with once I discovered what "presidency" indicated. I had thought it was something specific to the region, but then I saw it was a way that various areas in India had been organized by the British. So, I was thinking of redoing that one anyway and figured it wouldn't be a favorite. Looking into your suggestions, I can't find great maratha symbols. I CAN see that the saffron yellow is the color of choice. So I am down with that. Also, the swallowtail should likely be incorporated. I can do that. I can even throw a silhouette of the gateway of India in there on the flag. Other than that, I'm at a loss. The only thing that looks vaguely appropriate to me would be a talwar perhaps? Maybe a talwar under the gateway and over it, a crescent moon?

3) On Dravidia, I have the virupaksha element isolated, but how can I replace the stars with it? Would you literally want a handful of them arrayed around the sun? I am not sure how that would look, given that they have a straight line bottom edge designed to indicate the ground they are sitting on. I am willing to put it together for you, if you like. I would almost suggest putting the sun behind the virupaksha, except that it would be yellow on yellow. Can you provide a little more guidance?
Here's an attempt at using it with an orangey sun:
drav2.png

Thanks

Last edited:
Okay - buckle up...

2) On Maharshatra, I didn't like what I came up with once I discovered what "presidency" indicated. I had thought it was something specific to the region, but then I saw it was a way that various areas in India had been organized by the British. So, I was thinking of redoing that one anyway and figured it wouldn't be a favorite. Looking into your suggestions, I can't find great maratha symbols. I CAN see that the saffron yellow is the color of choice. So I am down with that. Also, the swallowtail should likely be incorporated. I can do that. I can even throw a silhouette of the gateway of India in there on the flag. Other than that, I'm at a loss. The only thing that looks vaguely appropriate to me would be a talwar perhaps? Maybe a talwar under the gateway and over it, a crescent moon?

3) On Dravidia, I have the virupaksha element isolated, but how can I replace the stars with it? Would you literally want a handful of them arrayed around the sun? I am not sure how that would look, given that they have a straight line bottom edge designed to indicate the ground they are sitting on. I am willing to put it together for you, if you like. I would almost suggest putting the sun behind the virupaksha, except that it would be yellow on yellow. Can you provide a little more guidance?
Here's an attempt at using it with an orangey sun:
Thanks sooooo much, dunno what I'd do with this timeline(?) if it weren't for your flags.

For Maharashtra, everything you said is good, but I don't think that the Crescent is required. Gateway of India's silhouette with a talwar under the gateway, with a saffron background would do wonders. And if it isn't too much, could I get two versions, one with the swallowtail and one without it?

And for Dravidia, you are correct. I wanted to ask you to put the Virupaksha in the back, but seems like this is far more better. Thank you so much.

Thanks sooooo much, dunno what I'd do with this timeline(?) if it weren't for your flags.

For Maharashtra, everything you said is good, but I don't think that the Crescent is required. Gateway of India's silhouette with a talwar under the gateway, with a saffron background would do wonders. And if it isn't too much, could I get two versions, one with the swallowtail and one without it?

And for Dravidia, you are correct. I wanted to ask you to put the Virupaksha in the back, but seems like this is far more better. Thank you so much.
I love making flags. I get obsessive. Take this Maharashtra, for example. Or, take these 4 choices, for example.
mh1.png
mh2.png
mh3.png
mh4.png